Random DIY mixing and More

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I've noticed that a good number of people on ECF, VU, POtV and ELR use their same ID across other online sites. o_O

I spent much of my life in large-scale corporate IS/IT and that is a big time no-no. Devious types know this is what many people do. It makes their task much easier. There are crawling bots nowadays. ECF gets hit by bots 24/7/365, https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/online/?type=robot .

Wonder how many use the same passwords across sites too. These days my PW's are a minimum of 16 randomly chosen characters, numbers etc.. ;)

I also know people who refuse to change the default passwords on their home routers/gateways and other home networked devices. Kind of like leaving all your doors and windows unlocked.

Ya can lead horse to water... blah, blah, blah. :D

So then, DIY... let's mix! :lol:
But now with the 2 step security when logging into a site, its adding the best in safety I have seen yet.

:)

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I don't have that many. I have a minifit that has never leaked a drop of juice even when it sits a day or so. I have the Sceptre and a Biip. I have a couple more but not in use.
I don't have many either. But I do love my minifits. I love that they are so tiny. Still not much vapor or airflow but I love the size and they have never leaked on me either. hmmm Should I take the minifit or a disposable tomorrow? Decisions decisions. I never bought the coils for them but I did stock up on pods. I don't see me having the eyesight to recoil them.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I don't have that many. I have a minifit that has never leaked a drop of juice even when it sits a day or so. I have the Sceptre and a Biip. I have a couple more but not in use.
In my bag of goodies I have
vuse alto, medo, gala, blu, glas, drag nano
not sure to call them pods but
yocan's handy and usonic's zip

I have some more somewhere :lol:

for someone that doesn't use pods, I sure got a few of them :lol:
seems like those are the only contests I can win, not complaining, they come in handy and another thing for me to review ;)
I mostly use them for higher nic

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Sadly, my sceptre is leaking. From the pod down into the well. Just a couple of drops but that is the second time now. I

I'm not sure what you consider leaking . . . Yes - I do notice a very slight amount of "film" where the pod base sits in the chamber, especially if I haven't made sure the fill flap is not securely closed (operator error) . . . But I haven't noticed - nor felt liquid flowing from the pod onto the sides. . . Well at least not yet . . . Anyway, by any chance have you changed the coil out recently ? :blink:

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't have many either. But I do love my minifits. I love that they are so tiny. Still not much vapor or airflow but I love the size and they have never leaked on me either. hmmm Should I take the minifit or a disposable tomorrow? Decisions decisions. I never bought the coils for them but I did stock up on pods. I don't see me having the eyesight to recoil them.
    I went for extra pods also.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    I've noticed that a good number of people on ECF, VU, POtV and ELR use their same ID across other online sites. o_O

I spent much of my life in large-scale corporate IS/IT and that is a big time no-no. Devious types know this is what many people do. It makes their task much easier. There are crawling bots nowadays. ECF gets hit by bots 24/7/365, https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/online/?type=robot .

Wonder how many use the same passwords across sites too. These days my PW's are a minimum of 16 randomly chosen characters, numbers etc.. ;)

I also know people who refuse to change the default passwords on their home routers/gateways and other home networked devices. Kind of like leaving all your doors and windows unlocked.

Ya can lead horse to water... blah, blah, blah. :D

So then, DIY... let's mix! :lol:

:lol: I've been using shadav since before yahoo was around :pervy: but no I don't use the same passwords :lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    In my bag of goodies I have
    vuse alto, medo, gala, blu, glas, drag nano
    not sure to call them pods but
    yocan's handy and usonic's zip

I have some more somewhere :lol:

for someone that doesn't use pods, I sure got a few of them :lol:
    seems like those are the only contests I can win, not complaining, they come in handy and another thing for me to review ;)
    I mostly use them for higher nic
    You just reminded me I have a Vuse packed away somewhere along with 2-3 boxes of pods? I've never used it.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I'm not sure what you consider leaking . . . Yes - I do notice a very slight amount of "film" where the pod base sits in the chamber, especially if I haven't made sure the fill flap is not securely closed (operator error) . . . But I haven't noticed - nor felt liquid flowing from the pod onto the sides. . . Well at least not yet . . . Anyway, by any chance have you changed the coil out recently ? :blink:

Hopefully you can see the leak in this pic (all around the gold pin in the middle). I had the pod on for 5 minutes just now and this happened. I had the pod off the sceptre and sitting on the counter until just now. This is the third time it has leaked. I have the original coil in that came with it. I'll put another coil in this evening to test.

sYDhVVf.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Hopefully you can see the leak in this pic (all around the gold pin in the middle). I had the pod on for 5 minutes just now and this happened. I had the pod off the sceptre and sitting on the counter until just now. This is the third time it has leaked. I have the original coil in that came with it. I'll put another coil in this evening to test.

Can't see the "leak" that well, however if I may suggest - use a q-tip to clean the area then re-seat the pod very well in the cradle - you should hear it hit bottom as it sets in place and the LED Lights up for a second or two . . . That's what I did to remove the liquid "film" I saw there and haven't seen anything come back yet . . . Of course, YMMV . . . Just a thought . . . :D

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Another strike ;)

I usually have, literally, a dozen mods going. All either KF2Ls or Skylines. Some might sit a week between drags, none leak. And supportable until Temco and toasters go away. :)
    What are KF2Ls? My brain instantly changed it to KFL+ v2, but then I noticed the difference.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Sadly, my sceptre is leaking. From the pod down into the well. Just a couple of drops but that is the second time now. I don't think I've ever had a pod that didn't leak. Pods are not my favorite whatsoever, weak vapor, not enough airflow, and they all leak! Oh well...it will serve its purpose.

Oh, no. So sorry to hear that. I hate leakers. :facepalm:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

I have a Minifit that never leaks and a Vinci X that leaks on and off. I was hoping that the Sceptre would replace them both. :D

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I went for extra pods also.

Do you prefer the regular or ceramic pods? Someone--I think @FlamingoTutu --told me recently that she prefers the ceramic pods. I never tried them, but I would like a pod with a bit more vapor.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The biip I had in rotation, started leaking after sitting in a drawer unused for a while. Now if I'm not going to use a pod device for a while, I either remove the pod or put it in a baggie. Also one of my podsticks leaked after sitting in a desk drawer at work unused.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Do you prefer the regular or ceramic pods? Someone--I think @FlamingoTutu --told me recently that she prefers the ceramic pods. I never tried them, but I would like a pod with a bit more vapor.
    I have the regular pods for the Sceptre.

Users who are viewing this thread