Random DIY mixing and More

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
You just reminded me I have a Vuse packed away somewhere along with 2-3 boxes of pods? I've never used it.
Meh it’s ok. I only got it because I worked in a gas station so I always try all the products we carry to help customers decide. Since most see me vaping they tend to ask for advice.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    But I thought most of the goodness (drop in wise) from a tank was from the coil? These ones are mesh I am pretty sure? IDK if they are a ton cheaper I might try them but this doesn't taste anywhere close to what I imagine an eleaf ello coil does but I don't really know... have you vaped both? Trust me, the tank is a cute little tiny tank but if I got coils I'd probably get the 3.5 tank anyway just because... heat.

Anna

The coil I got with the kit was horrible, tasted hot and burnt. It must have been a bad coil. Since this isn't going to be one of my regular vapes, but just going into storage, I thought I'd give the eleaf a try. I have some on order.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Can't see the "leak" that well, however if I may suggest - use a q-tip to clean the area then re-seat the pod very well in the cradle - you should hear it hit bottom as it sets in place and the LED Lights up for a second or two . . . That's what I did to remove the liquid "film" I saw there and haven't seen anything come back yet . . . Of course, YMMV . . . Just a thought . . . :D

I outlined the leak in red.

3i9Hkq9.jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    I outlined the leak in red.

3i9Hkq9.jpg

IMHO - Pod is not leaking . . . I have the same very few tiny wet spots that are barely noticable around the "well" that connect the Pod with the base . . . Almost like the "well" around a 510 pin . . . Also, if you look at the bottom of the pod, there are 4 "feet" that line up with the wet spots . . . Honestly - I don't know anything for sure - just trying figure it out by observation of "My" Sceptre / Pod . . . Hopefully, this is somewhat helpful . . . (Insert srugging emoji here) . . . :facepalm:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Meh it’s ok. I only got it because I worked in a gas station so I always try all the products we carry to help customers decide. Since most see me vaping they tend to ask for advice.
    I might try it some time but it doesn't hold a lot of interest since it's buried down in my tote boxes.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    redoing, or rather adding to my diy flavorings spreadsheet
    the problem is that everything is listed alphabetically
    and I do check before I buy flavors but sometimes I miss something
    so now adding more pages to it for different categories so I can see exactly what I have
    so like a page just for fruits and veggies, a page just for nuts and spices, ect ect ect

for instance how did I end up with 3 mangos....
    because there's mango, green mango, and philippine mango
    or two passion fruits
    because there's passion fruit and red passion fruit
    or how somehow now I have 4 guavas
    tfa guava, inw guava, pink guava, sweet guava v2

so now i'm creating different lists and grouping their flavors together

Omg what a neeeeeeeerd.....and why I am a little jealous of this...pffffffffff :p

Reactions: Redbird11

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I've heard that exact same thing about female GSDs. When we lived in Phenix City Alabama we were very near to an Army base (don't know which one). A guy who trained dogs for the military said female GSDs were better for personal protection. I don't know if that's true or not, I always got the idea that Kai would not tolerate much from strangers.

Thanks for the compliment. He was only 10 months old in those pics. His mother was a black and tan and his father was a very tall lanky, white colored GSD. Kai was white but still had tan markings. Here is a picture of him from about 8 months ago:
    1475815_737434472951171_1696631822_n.jpg
    Aw, Kai is beautiful. He looks so happy. Did he think he was still lap dog? Carli still thinks she is one. This morning she woke me up early with a good old sloppy face licking. Too funny.

Intense males or females with a high drive are excellent for personal protection. But also good with kids and family. If provoked I think most GSD's will protect instinctually. It's the whole protecting the pack thing. You and your family are their pack.

Carli's father getting some bite work in...
    531171_371002256274717_1594883630_nCR.jpg

580900_371003856274557_1079980696_nCR.jpg

Here is a better pic of Hogan after playing and getting sprayed down with the hose. He was an east European black and tan sable. Big boy, went around 100lbs.
    Hogan P6120103 cr.jpg

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    IMHO - Pod is not leaking . . . I have the same very few tiny wet spots that are barely noticable around the "well" that connect the Pod with the base . . . Almost like the "well" around a 510 pin . . . Also, if you look at the bottom of the pod, there are 4 "feet" that line up with the wet spots . . . Honestly - I don't know anything for sure - just trying figure it out by observation of "My" Sceptre / Pod . . . Hopefully, this is somewhat helpful . . . (Insert srugging emoji here) . . . :facepalm:

I call it a leak for sure. One that if left unchecked could ruin the mod. I changed the coil in it so we'll see what happens.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Aw, Kai is beautiful. He looks so happy. Did he think he was still lap dog? Carli still thinks she is one. This morning she woke me up early with a good old sloppy face licking. Too funny.

Intense males or females with a high drive are excellent for personal protection. But also good with kids and family. If provoked I think most GSD's will protect instinctually. It's the whole protecting the pack thing. You and your family are their pack.

Carli's father getting some bite work in...
    View attachment 908743
    View attachment 908745

Here is a better pic of Hogan after playing and getting sprayed down with the hose. He was an east European black and tan sable. Big boy, went around 100lbs.
    View attachment 908739
    Beautiful dogs :wub:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I did pass because it contains diketones. But I love and use FA Custard--light, a bit citrusy, lovely vape as is or with fruit. Is the Premiuim version really so much better than the regular FA Custard?
    FA Custard Premium. Quoting DoD's Wayne; "It’s more akin to a rich vanilla pudding, than a buttery, eggy, custard."

It doesn't have the lemon citrusy thing that regular FA custard has. The vanilla is more pronounced. It's a "lighter" custard compared to CAP vanilla custard v1. It's great with vanillas, creams, fruits or bakery type juices.

Better than FA custard? I wouldn't say that it's better or worse. They both are excellent but different. If I could only pick one it would be custard premium.

INW Custard is another really good one. I would place it third in the "in your face" strength behind 1) CAP's v1 and 2) FA custard premium.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    My recipes, on the other hand tend to get written on small pieces of pad paper and scattered all over...LOL.
    You're not alone. Working on getting everything into my notebooks. I was real good with that for a long time, until I wasn't. :lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You're not alone. Working on getting everything into my notebooks. I was real good with that for a long time, until I wasn't. :lol:
    For me, nothing goes in the Notebook until tried. If I like it then it goes in the notebook (or at least inside the front cover).:lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My idea of a POD is a KFL19 (2ml) on a Pico 75w. Smaller than a lot of POD's and never leaks a single drop. :D
    I never developed any kf love like a lot of folks have. I bought a couple different ones years ago and ended up piffing them. Have no idea now which they were.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    What are KF2Ls? My brain instantly changed it to KFL+ v2, but then I noticed the difference.

Yup, you got it right. The way I type, I save 3 keystrokes ;) Might have been EHpro that gave it the moniker, and most of mine are their make.

Have a few of the later models, in the stash. For me, too many parts for no gain. Others love 'em. K.I.S.S.

My idea of a POD is a KFL19 (2ml) on a Pico 75w. Smaller than a lot of POD's and never leaks a single drop. :D

Even the original 4+ml on a Pico 75 is a good shirt pocket carry :)

Users who are viewing this thread