Random DIY mixing and More

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Oh,my Stixx mixes are on the way.

So I'm holding off on any more Stixx Mixx flavors until the Labor Day sales :D I've got so many new flavors here plus I've got 18 new Inawera's on the way. Please do let me know how you like the ones you try though.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So I'm holding off on any more Stixx Mixx flavors until the Labor Day sales :D I've got so many new flavors here plus I've got 18 new Inawera's on the way. Please do let me know how you like the ones you try though.
    Getting the Whiskey Cavendish.Aged Burley and A1. I figure a small order for now will let me know if I want to partake of a Labor Day Sale. I want to try them out on hubs but the Whiskey is mine.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I tested my Raspberry Sherbert testers and this is what I got from the creams I used in each.

FLAVOUR ART
    • Fresh Cream

Tested at 1% in a Raspberry Sherbet mix to compare with other creams. In the mix, it is very smooth and moderately light on the tongue. I used it here as an accent. A single flavor test should probably be at 2%. If it were used as a base, it would be heavier and more dense, like half and half. This is a very useful cream. This is just plain, fresh, light cream - no sweetener and no vanilla. Use 0.5% to add creamier, smoother flavor to a recipe. Use up to 2% in a recipe for milky flavor.
    FLAVORAH
    • Cream

Tested at 1% in a Raspberry Sherbet mix. This is sweeter to me than VTA Sweet Cream. It isn't sweet but is a bit sweeter than expected. It is creamy but contains diacetyl and acetoin. It is a nice cream flavor with a good mouth feel, but not as dense as VTA's Sweet Cream. It is versatile and should blend well with whatever you put cream in. Some say that they pick up some spice at higher percentages. At 1%, it is just cream. It is a bit weak for a FLV flavor but still should do the trick at 1%. If you are looking for a dense mouth feel and a lot of body, VTA Sweet Cream is the winner. If you are looking for a sub for FA Fresh Cream, the FLV Cream should work well.
    vape TRAIN
    • Sweet Cream

Tested at 1% in a Raspberry Sherbet mix. The difference between this and the FA Fresh Cream was immediately noticeable. It is much fuller with a denser mouth feel, almost like a whipped cream. The sweetness is very, very light – just a kiss. It gave the mix a fuller, denser mouth feel. I would use it in a mix at 1 to 1.5% based on this test. At that %, it gives a rich, full mouth feel. I don't pick up any vanilla or off notes at all. Pure, rich cream and nothing else. Depending on what this is used in, it could be used up to 5% and as low as 1%. This would be useful to add a thick mouthfeel at lower %’s.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I tested my Raspberry Sherbert testers and this is what I got from the creams I used in each.

FLAVOUR ART
    • Fresh Cream

Tested at 1% in a Raspberry Sherbet mix to compare with other creams. In the mix, it is very smooth and moderately light on the tongue. I used it here as an accent. A single flavor test should probably be at 2%. If it were used as a base, it would be heavier and more dense, like half and half. This is a very useful cream. This is just plain, fresh, light cream - no sweetener and no vanilla. Use 0.5% to add creamier, smoother flavor to a recipe. Use up to 2% in a recipe for milky flavor.
    FLAVORAH
    • Cream

Tested at 1% in a Raspberry Sherbet mix. This is sweeter to me than VTA Sweet Cream. It isn't sweet but is a bit sweeter than expected. It is creamy but contains diacetyl and acetoin. It is a nice cream flavor with a good mouth feel, but not as dense as VTA's Sweet Cream. It is versatile and should blend well with whatever you put cream in. Some say that they pick up some spice at higher percentages. At 1%, it is just cream. It is a bit weak for a FLV flavor but still should do the trick at 1%. If you are looking for a dense mouth feel and a lot of body, VTA Sweet Cream is the winner. If you are looking for a sub for FA Fresh Cream, the FLV Cream should work well.
    vape TRAIN
    • Sweet Cream

Tested at 1% in a Raspberry Sherbet mix. The difference between this and the FA Fresh Cream was immediately noticeable. It is much fuller with a denser mouth feel, almost like a whipped cream. The sweetness is very, very light – just a kiss. It gave the mix a fuller, denser mouth feel. I would use it in a mix at 1 to 1.5% based on this test. At that %, it gives a rich, full mouth feel. I don't pick up any vanilla or off notes at all. Pure, rich cream and nothing else. Depending on what this is used in, it could be used up to 5% and as low as 1%. This would be useful to add a thick mouthfeel at lower %’s.
    Based on this I'd say I'm golden with my FA Fresh Cream

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I didn't get to try my Plum tester today. Forgot all about it. Maybe I can remember tomorrow.

Just took a sniff of the Pink Panther tester and it's finally not smelling so sweet. Maybe there is hope for it. @ceeceeisme

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I will try to start the testing booze testers tonight but I am not making any promises. I am the live-in maid, cook, and chauffeur around here. Spent all day doing laundry and am still not finished.
    And you are doing this for a year?

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    I didn't get to try my Plum tester today. Forgot all about it. Maybe I can remember tomorrow.

Just took a sniff of the Pink Panther tester and it's finally not smelling so sweet. Maybe there is hope for it. @ceeceeisme

It's pretty tart to me so it'll be interesting to see what you taste.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It's pretty tart to me so it'll be interesting to see what you taste.
    I'm giving it at least a couple more days to make sure the sweet smell is gone. OMG It did smell wicked sweet when I first mixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread