Random DIY mixing and More

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

Someone pointed that out to me and it definitely looks like it would be cheaper and faster for me. And because of Prime I can put it off until I've emptied my last liter. Even if I run completely out of VG I can have more in 2 days.

I think shipping alone on a gallon was $17 when I've ordered it before (similar with honey, which I've figured out to get through Prime).

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Time to clean, re-build & re-wick my tanks, RTA's & rda's today... fun, fun. :D
That's what I have been doing all day along with dripping some testers. Waiting for the last batch to dry so I can trade them out for the last 3 in use. Benching an rdta and a dual rta. Guessing I'll be a single coiler for life.:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@FranC - The last I checked a gallon of PG at our local Tractor Supply...it was $22/gallon. It might vary though from place to place.

I get my gallons of PG (8lb.) & VG (10lb.) from Bulk Apothecary...always have. I've regularly compared total price for them (item cost + S/H) from ED, BA, and ED through Amazon. Even with Prime, the total price has been less at BA each time. IDJoel and others get all of theirs from them, too. You might want to compare total prices before ordering. :thumbs:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC - The last I checked a gallon of PG at our local Tractor Supply...it was $22/gallon. It might vary though from place to place.

I get my gallons of PG (8lb.) & VG (10lb.) from Bulk Apothecary...always have. I've regularly compared total price for them (item cost + S/H) from ED, BA, and ED through Amazon. Even with Prime, the total price has been less at BA each time. IDJoel and others get all of theirs from them, too. You might want to compare total prices before ordering. :thumbs:
    Thanks,JC. I'll check that out.:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I've only done a couple of simple two flavor mixes lately. I'm kind of stuck on the pudding base. So far I've tried VT juicy raspberry with it and pomegranate with it in another mix. I like both. I've taken screen shots of several recipes that people have posted that I'd like to try but just haven't gotten up the motivation to mix them. I do appreciate all of the recipes shared.

I'm still using the blueberry milkshake with tfa blueberry extra. However, I'm not going to smell/sniff the bottle again.:D

What are you mixing with the pudding base? I just ordered some.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    What are you mixing with the pudding base? I just ordered some.

So far I did pudding base at 5% and juicy raspberry at 10% and the other one was 4% pudding base and 6% pomegranate. I really like both but I like the tartness that comes through with the pomegranate. I think that any fruit flavor that you like would mix well with the pudding base. I've got a growing wish list at BCF and have 30ml of the pudding base on it. I'm trying to wait as long as possible to place an order because I know as soon as I place it then there will be something I forgot to add. Not to mention, with the size of the wishlist, it would be nice to have a coupon to offset the cost a little.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I finally got around to testing my liquor flavors. There is nothing earth-shattering in my notes and you can probably find as much about the flavors on the Noted episodes I linked many pages back. So, FWIW................

LIQUORS

FLAVOUR ART

• Brandy

I tested this at 2.5%. It has been steeping for 6 weeks or so. I don't know how to describe it. Before the steep, it was boozy but that is gone now. It is dense and creamy, so gives mouth feel. This doesn't taste like brandy at all. It is sweet and has an undefinable fruit flavor – maybe a light grape flavor. I would say this is more of a sweet white wine than a brandy. A little odd for me. I can see how it might add to some bakery mixes.
    • Gin

Tested at 5%. Very dry and just the juniper berry flavor. The juniper berry flavor is overpowering. This doesn't work well with delicate flavors. Use it at 1.5 to 2% in strongly flavored mixes like cranberry, pomegranate, or if you want a strong juniper flavor. The juniper calms down after a long steep and more sweetness emerges.
    • Jamaican Special (Jamaican Rum)

Tested at 4%. After a 6 week steep, it is mildly boozy (very mild,) sweet, and a little spicy There is a hint of butter there – butter rum maybe. It tastes of brown sugar, mild spices (after a steep), and dark rum. It is very good in a cocktail mix at 1 to 2%. It is difficult to get much boozy flavor in a mix with this because of the heavy brown sugariness. The brown sugar and mild spiciness work well with pineapple.
    VAPE TRAIN
    • Botanical Gin

I have this coming so we shall see.
    • Golden Rum

Tested at 4%. Even after 6 weeks, the watery barbecue sauce flavor is still there. It is sweet and slightly spicy and not really boozy. This is the flavor if you want to add barbecue to your e-liquid. I have no suggestions for the use of VTA's Golden Rum.
    • Light Rum

Tested at 4%. After a 6 week steep, this rum tastes boozier than FA's Jamaican. It is mildly sweet with no spice or brown sugar notes. It has some light fruitiness to it. There is not a lot of body so I would call it thin. Used with FA's Jamaican, you will get the booziness and the rum flavor. Mixed together, the booziness of VTA Light Rum sits on top of FA Jamaican's sweet spice. If adding rum to a bakery juice, FA is a better option. Use the VTA Light Rum in a cocktail. Mix it at 2 to 4%, 4% with FA Jamaican if you are looking for a boozy flavor.
    • Russian Vodka

Tested at 4%. Mild kick with a sweet, citrus note. After 6 weeks, it does get boozier. I think if you want a boozy kick with this, it will require a steep. At 2%, it can help bring a vodka vibe to a cocktail mix.

dmska

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 9, 2011
    Thanks for the tasting notes on rum. I've got some ideas for a few different fruit, rum and tobacco mixes. It sounds like I should add vt's light rum to my next bcf order. All my mixes tend to be simple, so I'm trying to take notes from the much more experienced folks in this thread.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Thanks for the tasting notes on rum. I've got some ideas for a few different fruit, rum and tobacco mixes. It sounds like I should add vt's light rum to my next bcf order. All my mixes tend to be simple, so I'm trying to take notes from the much more experienced folks in this thread.

Check out the Noted episode on Liquor flavors, or just the notes from the episode. If you are adding rum to tobacco, you might want to go half and half on FA Jamaican and VTA Light Rum.

Noted: Ep. 55 – Liquors and Booze – DIY OR DIE Vaping

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    So far I did pudding base at 5% and juicy raspberry at 10% and the other one was 4% pudding base and 6% pomegranate. I really like both but I like the tartness that comes through with the pomegranate. I think that any fruit flavor that you like would mix well with the pudding base. I've got a growing wish list at BCF and have 30ml of the pudding base on it. I'm trying to wait as long as possible to place an order because I know as soon as I place it then there will be something I forgot to add. Not to mention, with the size of the wishlist, it would be nice to have a coupon to offset the cost a little.

That sounds wonderful- yum! Ive yet to attempt any pudding mixes so this’ll be interesting.

I just placed on order because I’m way to impatient to wait for Labor Day sales!!!!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I finally got around to testing my liquor flavors. There is nothing earth-shattering in my notes and you can probably find as much about the flavors on the Noted episodes I linked many pages back. So, FWIW................

LIQUORS

FLAVOUR ART

• Brandy

I tested this at 2.5%. It has been steeping for 6 weeks or so. I don't know how to describe it. Before the steep, it was boozy but that is gone now. It is dense and creamy, so gives mouth feel. This doesn't taste like brandy at all. It is sweet and has an undefinable fruit flavor – maybe a light grape flavor. I would say this is more of a sweet white wine than a brandy. A little odd for me. I can see how it might add to some bakery mixes.
    • Gin

Tested at 5%. Very dry and just the juniper berry flavor. The juniper berry flavor is overpowering. This doesn't work well with delicate flavors. Use it at 1.5 to 2% in strongly flavored mixes like cranberry, pomegranate, or if you want a strong juniper flavor. The juniper calms down after a long steep and more sweetness emerges.
    • Jamaican Special (Jamaican Rum)

Tested at 4%. After a 6 week steep, it is mildly boozy (very mild,) sweet, and a little spicy There is a hint of butter there – butter rum maybe. It tastes of brown sugar, mild spices (after a steep), and dark rum. It is very good in a cocktail mix at 1 to 2%. It is difficult to get much boozy flavor in a mix with this because of the heavy brown sugariness. The brown sugar and mild spiciness work well with pineapple.
    VAPE TRAIN
    • Botanical Gin

I have this coming so we shall see.
    • Golden Rum

Tested at 4%. Even after 6 weeks, the watery barbecue sauce flavor is still there. It is sweet and slightly spicy and not really boozy. This is the flavor if you want to add barbecue to your e-liquid. I have no suggestions for the use of VTA's Golden Rum.
    • Light Rum

Tested at 4%. After a 6 week steep, this rum tastes boozier than FA's Jamaican. It is mildly sweet with no spice or brown sugar notes. It has some light fruitiness to it. There is not a lot of body so I would call it thin. Used with FA's Jamaican, you will get the booziness and the rum flavor. Mixed together, the booziness of VTA Light Rum sits on top of FA Jamaican's sweet spice. If adding rum to a bakery juice, FA is a better option. Use the VTA Light Rum in a cocktail. Mix it at 2 to 4%, 4% with FA Jamaican if you are looking for a boozy flavor.
    • Russian Vodka

Tested at 4%. Mild kick with a sweet, citrus note. After 6 weeks, it does get boozier. I think if you want a boozy kick with this, it will require a steep. At 2%, it can help bring a vodka vibe to a cocktail mix.
    Thank you:):)

Users who are viewing this thread