The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Still giving the Peanut Butter Bacco vaping time. It's almost really good but it's lacking something. I'm thinking more PB but I'll check out the recipe first.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    You may need a straight up nut to boost the pb.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Just what I said here:
    It was a decent, if somewhat generic, pipe tobacco flavor. But, sadly, I wasn't able to taste any "whiskey" notes.:( Even though I had mixed this at the high end of the recommended percentage; it was certainly not an in-yer-face flavor.

I am at a bit of a loss, as how to judge any of the SM concentrates, because I have never used NETs before. I don't know if they are weaker, stronger, or what. :confused:

@FranC, the percentages you mixed at (compared to my higher percentages), are more in line with the few ratings and recommendations I have been able to find. I will be curious to see what you, and your husband think, once you have a chance to vape them.

I still have plenty of each; to let them continue to age. I will see what, if anything, time does for them. :)
    Maybe just a drop, or two, of Acetyl Pyrazine (AP) to help bring out the "nuttiness" of the mix?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    What did you end up ordering? I’m interested in at least the custard that’s not available in the US. What other flavors are available we don’t get?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I’m putting together my mix list for tomorrow’s session. Think I’m going to concentrate on recipes that need steeping since I’m pretty set with snv mixes atm. So mostly creams/custards etc.

• Like Like x 4
  6. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

The A+ Stixx Mixx I have is recommended at 6% to 10% but I used it at 5% and found it to be a pretty "in your face" kind of flavor. In the future I would keep it 3% to 5% max. I have a butterscotch/A+ mix yet to try and I used it at 6% so I'm thinking I may find it over-flavored.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    This may well be the case.:thumb:

Once it has aged to a point of stability; I intend to do a series of diluting tests, to check for over-flavoring possibilities. I just didn't want to wait for the entire aging time again. :facepalm::rolleyes:

I am also not ruling out the hardware factor (in my case) either. I have recently (3ish months?) moved from DTL vaping, to MTL vaping; and have picked up a new tank (a pair of the same actually), and dripper, that are better suited to this style. I have only built once for the tanks, and twice on the dripper. I feel fairly certain, that I don't have the "best" builds correct for either yet. Oh... and I have changed my wicking media, from cotton, to rayon. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I know I have too many variables going on at once; but I have to get it figured out sometime. This is why I am not prepared to say it is unsatisfactory concentrate; as it can just as easily (and more likely:blush:) be an unsatisfactory builder (me!). :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  8. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That is a lot of variables to consider! I'm holding steady DTL vaping with a 0.3 ohm build in a restricted lung hit RTA and wicking with rayon. :wub: I sure hope I don't decide that I need to change things up down the road.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Several times I have made the mistake of trying a new recipe or flavor when I first get a new tank. It’s like shooting myself in the foot because I don’t know if it’s the tank, the build, or the flavoring.

I was looking through my flavor list on the computer and saw several that I didn’t remember I had and know I never tried. There were a couple mentioned in this thread that I thought I didn’t have.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. IDJoel

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I agree 100%; and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, as a smart thing to do.

About a year ago, I started getting the heavy chest, congestion, phlegm, and morning hacking, like I had when I smoked. I was going through a lot of e-liquid; and decided I needed to make some changes. Thus the hardware (along with nic, and PG/VG parameters) changes.

I really don't want to return to the old DTL tanks I used to use; so I am just trying to middle along. :)
    Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at. It is almost like learning how to vape, and DIY, all over again.:facepalm::-x:facepalm:

I am doing my best to remain patient; and not make any hasty evaluations right now. Eventually, I'll get it all figured out! :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  11. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Joel, Instead of going totally mtl(and have the feeling drawing a puff is like sucking molasses through a straw---sorry mtl vapers) you could do a middle of the road type of vaping. Many of us like what is known as a restricted dtl where we are using a mtl rta tank but the airflow allows us more freedom to draw from. To me this is more of a natural type of draw(very close to the real cigarette type of puff). Just a suggestion, but it does work for a lot of vapers.

:)

eta, a very good tank that does just that is the Siren 2. You still get that tiny tug of a mtl vape but air flow is free-er....hope that makes sense.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yep - I'm in this boat too. I call it loosey goosey mtl (that's the technical term:rolleyes:). Any airier RTA should work. I'm using the sjmy doggystyle RTA. @NolaMel vapes this way too, she will have more ideas on attys.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I mentioned the Siren 2 because if he finds a totally open air flow is too much, he can still reduce it down to his liking. I think there are a total of 4-5 different air hole sizes. I know some vapers who put it all the way down, and don't for the life of me know how they can get anything out of it....but to each their own. Its staying off the stinkies that counts.

:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @IDJoel Haven't read back yet much but a true NET tobacco should be a strong flavor.Steeping is required.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes,That's probably a good idea.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    AP is a good idea also:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well I placed the order because I wanted the Botanical Gin and Tonic Water. Had no interest in the Custard but I got FLV Pink Guava and VT Chocolate Custard. I would have got the 3 other flavors from my BCF wishlist but Chefs didn't have them.

• Like Like x 4
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hoping not. I mixed at 6% single flavor.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Got anything with drop in coils?

• Like Like x 4
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am strickly MTL and always have been. I like my air flow on the high side and I use tanks that give me that. I have tanks with RBA's and I have tanks with drop-in coils. I only use coils I can rebuild.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1