Random DIY mixing and More

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Ugh, that was not the kind of productive I like, cared to be. Fixing credentialing packet stuff, one reference was "unable to assess" some stuff, even though it was a peer reference, had to provide like, a different reference who's a bit unpredictable and whatnot which is unfortunate. I hate that, I mean I did call and warn her before this, but it was really a last resort type reference. That knocked me back onto the couch (and scanning) and emailing and like being like, well dang it I'm sorry you can't read my handwriting, dood, doctors fill out these same packets I'm sure and I was given no option to fix it!

LOL, there is only one tried and true way out of this slump. Yoga. Because I can't keep on keeping on with the horse tranqus forever. Etc. I mean I could, but yeah, I'm going to be in supreme pain for a bit. LOL.

I suck at credentialing but it plays to all my best skills: boring, about me, information I've dealt with a million times, nitty gritty crap, etc.

I need to get a name change and pretend I'm my own client, that's the only way forward I think.

Anna

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've got to revisit my baccy blend recipes. For some reason the last 2-3 I've tried have been sweet. Reverting to cheesecakes for the time being.

That reminds me that the two HS tobacco flavors are at 5 weeks steeped now. I guess I should get them out and figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Imagine my amazement when the cantaloupe @IDJoel likes smells like candy to me.
    Now TFA Honeydew smells just like the cantaloupe I've been cutting up (which is a cantaloupe variety of muskmelon not a honeydew).
    INW Melon smells like they have a lot of rind, a little melon.
    FA Melon Cantaloupe doesn't really smell like anything melon.
    Yes I had a purpose with this order.

FA Apricot smells like Compound W.

INW Exotic Roots is odd smelling. I'm not sure if it's concentrated ginger or something else.

After the raves I heard about INW Orange I'm amazed at how much better JF Lemon smells.

I think I might need a bigger bottle of custard. That smells good.

Jalapeno (what was I thinking, oh yes, flavor pairing sites said jalapeno and watermelon and I had a purpose) doesn't have much of a smell which worries me, it could be all heat.

I know the smell of flavoring isn't the best judge but it does let me know which ones should be really good and which ones to tread lightly with unless I'm making a wart remover flavor.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I almost mixed. Then my kiddo called. He's so entertaining. Then the husband was making dire predictions about "his return." I was like, LOL honey, maybe in 6 months, I mean.... Give the kid a little time, he's making friends, he's socializing the dog, he's adjusting to a new place. He's calling us a lot right now because he loves us, but I can 100% guarantee he wishes to live with NEITHER of us, especially YOU."

I'm a little concerned about, well, not so much about his work ethic, but his work ethic about applying for stuff. I explained that OH, I TOO hate the freaking, application process, but you should NOT expect to get an interview for more than about 3 out of every 50 applications, especially like, if you are stretching your resume and whatnot. Heh. I could hear him turning faint over the phone. As his mommy, I carefully did NOT offer to help with his applications because let's face it, even if I did the "select the best answer to offer the kind of personality we are seeking, my subconscious would have them expecting him to turn up as if some sort of man eating BEAR were contained inside, when my kiddo's actually pretty sweet.

It has, however been my observation that looking for work sucks approximately 500 times more than working, and had he not you know, grown up during the Obama years in a border town, well, I would have had that little sucker working since age 16, but pretty much everyone I knew like, laughed in my face who had any job connections and either said, "Mexicans," or if they were tactful, "you know, there's extra liability insurance if we do that." So he never experienced the joys and travails of doing that. I mean, I worked during college mainly because I LIKE WORKING, that and I needed drinking money. Ironically, one of my jobs was like, driving the drunk bus on campus, and I can proudly say I never once drove it drunk, although one time I did drive it with only one contact, but I didn't enjoy it and it fell out halfway through my 3 mile loop.

I'm just shocked that I could drive ANY bus shaped object without crashing it for any length of time....

But yea, I always do better meeting and then exceeding someone else's expectations than down time, in fact this next time here I am hoping maybe I will die before I have a chance to retire. I bet like head program guy smelled that on me, he was like, "This is a feckless, boundryless creature," and all my "you don't know" was unconvincing due to being away from work a shade too long, etc.

Anna

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I impressed myself on that one. It helped that I had three orders come in within a few weeks and most were new.

I’m liking the cranberry mix enough that I will make a 50ml of it if I’m still liking it when I get through the 10ml tester.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I almost mixed. Then my kiddo called. He's so entertaining. Then the husband was making dire predictions about "his return." I was like, LOL honey, maybe in 6 months, I mean.... Give the kid a little time, he's making friends, he's socializing the dog, he's adjusting to a new place. He's calling us a lot right now because he loves us, but I can 100% guarantee he wishes to live with NEITHER of us, especially YOU."

I'm a little concerned about, well, not so much about his work ethic, but his work ethic about applying for stuff. I explained that OH, I TOO hate the freaking, application process, but you should NOT expect to get an interview for more than about 3 out of every 50 applications, especially like, if you are stretching your resume and whatnot. Heh. I could hear him turning faint over the phone. As his mommy, I carefully did NOT offer to help with his applications because let's face it, even if I did the "select the best answer to offer the kind of personality we are seeking, my subconscious would have them expecting him to turn up as if some sort of man eating BEAR were contained inside, when my kiddo's actually pretty sweet.

It has, however been my observation that looking for work sucks approximately 500 times more than working, and had he not you know, grown up during the Obama years in a border town, well, I would have had that little sucker working since age 16, but pretty much everyone I knew like, laughed in my face who had any job connections and either said, "Mexicans," or if they were tactful, "you know, there's extra liability insurance if we do that." So he never experienced the joys and travails of doing that. I mean, I worked during college mainly because I LIKE WORKING, that and I needed drinking money. Ironically, one of my jobs was like, driving the drunk bus on campus, and I can proudly say I never once drove it drunk, although one time I did drive it with only one contact, but I didn't enjoy it and it fell out halfway through my 3 mile loop.

I'm just shocked that I could drive ANY bus shaped object without crashing it for any length of time....

But yea, I always do better meeting and then exceeding someone else's expectations than down time, in fact this next time here I am hoping maybe I will die before I have a chance to retire. I bet like head program guy smelled that on me, he was like, "This is a feckless, boundryless creature," and all my "you don't know" was unconvincing due to being away from work a shade too long, etc.

Anna

I'm more in demand. I could probably have a job in a week if I was willing to take what they would be willing to offer, in demand and always someone willing to take advantage. The problem is I could apply at every place that would hire me like that in the area in a few days.
    I could get great pay if I was willing to move to where it takes more than great pay to make a living.

Oh, it does not. Compound W smells delicious.

Anna

I didn't say it was bad, I just wouldn't want to jump to using 5%. Maybe they use apricot flavoring in Compound W.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I'm more in demand. I could probably have a job in a week if I was willing to take what they would be willing to offer, in demand and always someone willing to take advantage. The problem is I could apply at every place that would hire me like that in the area in a few days.
    I could get great pay if I was willing to move to where it takes more than great pay to make a living.

I didn't say it was bad, I just wouldn't want to jump to using 5%. Maybe they use apricot flavoring in Compound W.
    Its really good with peach as a booster to the actual peach. Does the same fro most fruits in that it seems to make them more dense or fuller if that makes sense. 2% or less,JMO

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Its really good with peach as a booster to the actual peach. Does the same fro most fruits in that it seems to make them more dense or fuller if that makes sense. 2% or less,JMO
    The apricot? I've got a couple orange mixes that I've added .5% apricot to hoping for a pop. Have another with .5% of the white peach to try as well.

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    The apricot? I've got a couple orange mixes that I've added .5% apricot to hoping for a pop. Have another with .5% of the white peach to try as well.
    Personally to me it has sort of a peach taste so its a good addition to peach. Should be really good with FA white peach or any stone fruit for that matter. It seems to make it more like a complete fruit and juicier. Just my opinion

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Personally to me it has sort of a peach taste so its a good addition to peach. Should be really good with FA white peach or any stone fruit for that matter. It seems to make it more like a complete fruit and juicier. Just my opinion
    I don’t care for peach juices much but have read repeatedly that it can lift an orange so thought why not try.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA

Apricot is basically a peach to my thinking. And all stone fruits have similarities which is why I threw some cherry in to try to get more plum out of the plums. Perhaps apricot could do it if cherry doesn't.

3rd time's a charm for my peach tree attempts. 1st one died after the 2nd year. Last year's came with great root's but didn't really take off. A sale got me to give it one more try and this time it's growing like it should. I may change my opinion on apricots being yellow peaches once I get some fresh peaches (which I don't really like because they're hairy, but a bald nectarine is just wrong).

Too many fails had me a bit bummed out but I got a couple clear winners the last couple days. Has given me more incentive to mix. Now if I could find something to mix it would be good.

With your anti-sweet tooth you have to expect that. I've only got a few big winners since this thread started but no big losers.

I don’t care for peach juices much but have read repeatedly that it can lift an orange so thought why not try.

I used to like peach but no more.

I just got 120ml of Peach (Juicy). It was actually ¢ cheaper than the 30ml for some reason. I didn't argue, just jumped on it.

Peach and orange is Fuzzy Navel.

Users who are viewing this thread