Random DIY mixing and More

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Funny, ever since I replaced my Sony Trinitron boat anchor with a Vizio smart tv I don't seem to watch much tv anymore. Some sports, yep. Occasional movie. The Vizio smarter-than-me TV has all the different streaming services but I am not going to pay for those. I do get the HBO/Cinemax streaming service free with my AT&T internet. Also get the Disney+ for free through my cell provider. Can't remember the last time I watched anything on those.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I used to read a lot on my ipad and enjoyed it. I would take it with me when I took my youngest daughter to violin lessons to read while I waited for her. After she went to college about the only thing I read is the news online and of course the forum.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My daughter has a student subscription to spotify so gets hulu for free with that. We signed up for disney plus a few months ago and decided to keep it for a while. I've watched some good shows on there. My wife wanted discovery plus so I signed up for that but don't think she ever watches it. I should check it out to see if I can find something on there to watch just to get a little entertainment for the cost of it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My daughter has a student subscription to spotify so gets hulu for free with that. We signed up for disney plus a few months ago and decided to keep it for a while. I've watched some good shows on there. My wife wanted discovery plus so I signed up for that but don't think she ever watches it. I should check it out to see if I can find something on there to watch just to get a little entertainment for the cost of it.
    I’ve subscribed to a couple sites to watch some shows. I do it through Amazon because it’s so simple to cancel. The one thing I have and keep is Amazon Prime. They have a fair amount of free movies.I’d like to subscribe to a service and keep it for awhile but I haven’t found one I’d like to keep awhile.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    My wife had two failed bilateral spinal fusions. She was in crippling pain 24/7 for nearly 20 years before she passed away in 2018. She also had a neck fusion and a host of other surgeries. There was a time when her and I were having surgeries done at nearly at the same times. I had a detached retina in my right eye back in '98. I ended up losing 75% of the vision in that eye. I need a bilateral fusion at L5-S1. I refuse to go through that based on everyone I personally know who has had back surgery. None have turned out well. IMO they do not have back surgery down. Surgeries suck!

I can totally relate to @Butch's "blind in one ear & deaf in the other eye".

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    The Nook gets it’s books through Barnes and Nobel so there’s tons of books. I haven’t used mine in ages. I’ve been reading a few real books here and there.

When I was able to make it through the library I always went and read tons... they were cool and would order a book I wanted if they didn't have it...

There's just something about curling up with a real book that can't be beat :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    My wife had two failed bilateral spinal fusions. She was in crippling pain 24/7 for nearly 20 years before she passed away in 2018. She also had a neck fusion and a host of other surgeries. There was a time when her and I were having surgeries done at nearly at the same times. I had a detached retina in my right eye back in '98. I ended up losing 75% of the vision in that eye. I need a bilateral fusion at L5-S1. I refuse to go through that based on everyone I personally know who has had back surgery. None have turned out well. IMO they do not have back surgery down. Surgeries suck!

I think they are getting better these days at back surgery...

I was doing awesome after this one until whatever happened, happened... and I do think this is a facial (muscle) problem, the longer this goes on with being unable to get into the pain clinic the more convinced I am of it.

My back was sore after doing a bit too much so I took yesterday off (okay, part of it anyway..lol) then when I got out of the shower this morning and was in drying off mode, I did that slight bend to wrap my hair in a towel and snap...

It's like something musculature just gives completely away and there's nothing holding my spine together, and then my legs just collapse..

Don't know how to describe It but it does more and more just seem muscle related.

We'd know more already if it wasn't for the covid pain clinic shut downs.. this is just getting stupid having to wait...

Lol

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    The Nook gets it’s books through Barnes and Nobel so there’s tons of books. I haven’t used mine in ages. I’ve been reading a few real books here and there.
    I read a lot and usually have 3-4 books going at any given time. Reading books on the iPad is not for me. I like the feel of a real book in my hands. There is something about the smell of a book and turning the pages that can't be beat. And using a real bookmark! :D

When I was able to make it through the library I always went and read tons... they were cool and would order a book I wanted if they didn't have it...

There's just something about curling up with a real book that can't be beat :)
    Well said. I totally agree. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

It was a rare cancer that I lost hubs through but before he got that he had a list of ailments, bad heart (surgery), bad back (shots was all they could do for it) , pancreatitis etc.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I think they are getting better these days at back surgery...

I was doing awesome after this one until whatever happened, happened... and I do think this is a facial (muscle) problem, the longer this goes on with being unable to get into the pain clinic the more convinced I am of it.

My back was sore after doing a bit too much so I took yesterday off then when I got out of the shower this morning and was in drying off mode, I did that slight bend to wrap my hair in a towel and snap...

It's like something musculature just gives completely away and there's nothing holding my spine together, and then my legs just collapse..

Don't know how to describe It but it does more and more just seem muscle related.

We'd know more already if it wasn't for the covid pain clinic shut downs.. this is just getting stupid having to wait...

Lol
    When my wife would do things like wrapping her hair in a towel, and other simple movements we all take/took for granted, she would describe the pain in her back as sharp shards of glass digging in and felt as though they were cutting into something. She had the same, or similar, things happen with her legs all the time too.

I really really hope they get you squared away. Getting to the goal that you and your surgeon had of X percent less pain would be awesome. They gotta get you dancin' again. :)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Speaking of FE flavors... a few weeks ago we were talking about green teas. I have the FE Green Tea on the way.

@NolaMel, did you retry the FE green tea? What %'s did you use? Same as FA Black Tea (1-2%)?

@Katya you said you found some FE GT in your stash. Did you try any?

I now have the TFA GT; what % did you Ladies, and @FranC, use?

TIA :)
    Of course not :rolleyes:
    I was doing well to get what I needed mixed this week. Too much going on right now trying to get ready for the company/fishing trip Wednesday. It’s on the list though. Next week should be back to normal.

Butch

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    433 miles north. of the Alamo
    Of course not :rolleyes:
    I was doing well to get what I needed mixed this week. Too much going on right now trying to get ready for the company/fishing trip Wednesday. It’s on the list though. Next week should be back to normal.
    Boy can I relate to the tooooo busy ............I gotta go make more coffee..............NOW !!!!!!!

Reactions: YoursTruli

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    When my wife would do things like wrapping her hair in a towel, and other simple movements we all take/took for granted, she would describe the pain in her back as sharp shards of glass digging in and felt as though they were cutting into something. She had the same, or similar, things happen with her legs all the time too.

yes, I know the glass feeling well :( it's so horrible she had to deal with all that, I feel terribly for anyone that has to.. it sucks.

I really really hope they get you squared away. Getting to the goal that you and your surgeon had of X percent less pain would be awesome. They gotta get you dancin' again. :)

It's still the dream! And I'm still convinced its possible, I was doing too well after the surgery for this to be more but a bump in the road..

Just time and prayer... time and prayer! :)

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    'Nother nubee question.
    Is there a single supplier that you order from the most? And if so could you supply a link?
    The Largest Flavor Distributor in North America | River Supply Co. is where I usually get my flavorings, I hit up their clearance...can't beat 15ml for under $1.50 :p an a lot for under $1 and free shipping over $50
    and then for everything else Bull City Flavors - Largest Selection & Best Prices on Flavoring
    oh and sometimes Gremberry Farms

Ah, I never got a Kindle but I do have a Nook.
    I don't have devices but I do have the kindle app on my computer

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    Good morning :) Has your taste improved any?
    It has somewhat. I can taste Italian spicy salami now. My smelling ability is improving slightly. I can smell bleach and burnt. The down side is I am experiencing altered chemesthesis (chemical sensitivity). It's making me really sick (won't go into details). The eliquid I'm vaping is the same for weeks and now it is tasting like cheap China juice 2010. I'm also having phantom "smells". LOL I'm just waiting for this olfactory nerve to heal. I'm sure it's still going to be a fun ride.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My wife has had one medical issue after the next. She had surgery twice for endometriosis, had breast cancer at 36, ovarian cysts resulting in a hysterectomy, gall bladder removed, appendix removed, fibromyalgia, and probably one or two other things I can't think of right now. I've been pretty fortunate myself and have had few medical issues and am not going to the doctor for him to tell me different.:D

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States

I agree with the surgery (not having it without doing the research). I have personally cared for a few folks post back surgeries. They ended up with severe infections and needed IV antibiotics for months. The surgical wounds take longer to heal. I see very few sucess stories working post hospital (rehab). I wish I could say something positive. :(

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It has somewhat. I can taste Italian spicy salami now. My smelling ability is improving slightly. I can smell bleach and burnt. The down side is I am experiencing altered chemesthesis (chemical sensitivity). It's making me really sick (won't go into details). The eliquid I'm vaping is the same for weeks and now it is tasting like cheap China juice 2010. I'm also having phantom "smells". LOL I'm just waiting for this olfactory nerve to heal. I'm sure it's still going to be a fun ride.
    Hoping you get back to normal soon.

Users who are viewing this thread