Random DIY mixing and More

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, mixers.

If the rain holds off for a while, mow. If not, watch the dandelions revel in the moisture.

Nope. There is a reason I never played Skyrim. I got hooked on Oblivion and played way to much.

My roommate in college had the game and I sat down to play it one afternoon. Next thing I know, two weeks had gone by. I lived on Cheetos and Dr. Pepper and I would forget to shower. I skipped going to classes and lost my scholarship. My girlfriend left me and my dog ran away. Now I live in a van down by the river.

Oblivion cost me everything.

Sounds like a country/western song in there.... ;)

Is vaping finally going main stream? :)

upload_2021-5-6_6-39-21.png

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
I live in a very rural area. I would guess that mask usage here is about 50/50 . Texas has droped all mandates on covid but a few stores here still ask customers to wear them. We have had very little Covid here & most people only wear masks when they are in crowded areas.

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
You be very careful driving home.
If he does not dilate it won't be a problem. If he does I will just wait until I can see normally before I head home. So still not a problem, just might be a very long day. .............(sigh) ...........:oops:

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?

Drove pops to dyalisis this morning at 7 am,picked him up at 1 pm fed him lunch and he went to bed for a bit and now he just got up.

I will make him a nice ''merienda'' (typical spanish snack that is done between lunch and dinner) and let him watch tv (now he is rewatching white collar,i too love that tv series)
Apart from that i did a whole bunch of cleaning this morning so my back is killing me,rest of the day I'm laying down and maybe will go thru a LOTR marathon,just the 3 first ones...The Hobbit was meh

what about you buddy,what you up to today?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If he does not dilate it won't be a problem. If he does I will just wait until I can see normally before I head home. So still not a problem, just might be a very long day. .............(sigh) ...........:oops:
    I will hope for a short day.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Drove pops to dyalisis this morning at 7 am,picked him up at 1 pm fed him lunch and he went to bed for a bit and now he just got up.

I will make him a nice ''merienda'' (typical spanish snack that is done between lunch and dinner) and let him watch tv (now he is rewatching white collar,i too love that tv series)
    Apart from that i did a whole bunch of cleaning this morning so my back is killing me,rest of the day I'm laying down and maybe will go thru a LOTR marathon,just the 3 first ones...The Hobbit was meh

what about you buddy,what you up to today?
    I’m not up to much at all. I do plan on doing another mix sometime today.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I don't believe that's true (I was a professional landscaper for years) It has to get on the green parts of plants but... the mist gets blown by the wind (even the slightest breeze) and can get everywhere. My story isn't about roundup (besides this all happened in less than a hour) it's about covering plants with plastic in heat and full sun. I may be wrong so didn't mean to start a debate.

I'm sure you're right about the plastic. I was taking my swimming pool down for the winter and laid the bubble wrap heat blanket on the lawn to dry out on a hot sunny day. In just 20 minutes it killed the grass underneath and I had a circle of bare soil that took a couple of years to regrow. One of life's little lessons.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Well my first try at DIY didn't go that well.

From the 3 one shots i got i didn't really like any of them,the key lime was ok i guess...fresh cola tasted like dishwasher soap and the pineapple was just plain bad.

Now i am stuck with 60mls of each flavor i didn't really like the cola and the pineapple.

Thinking of going smaller next time,going to buy some 30ml bottles and use those,can't really afford to be wasting e-liquid or vaping something i don't like.

Was thinking that maybe it could have been the brands of aroma i got,anyone got any suggestions on good one shot brands i could look up?
    Better if they are available here in EU,would save me some money on delivery costs.

For now i will just have to make do with the 60ml of yucky pineapple and 60ml of the dishwasher cola i got he he,it is what it is :D

The first DIY recipe I made I thought man, this sucks! It was absolutely unvapeable...

However, being the tightwad that I am and seeing as how I made 60ml of it and the bottle had nicotine in it I put it in the back of a cabinet thinking someday I might figure out how to fix it and at least get through it...

Well I had actually forgot about it at one point and one day as I was cleaning out that cabinet I found it and was like oh... I remember that.. lol

Not too terribly long afterwards I needed some ejuice as I had run out, so I pulled the bottle out and thought screw it... I'll vape this regardless of how bad it tastes.

Now I had allowed that recipe to steep according to recipe directions, but it had still been just horrid, which is why I gave up on it...

However, when I loaded up and vaped it all those months later, it was just plain awesome! Im talking it was one of the best ejuices I'd ever tried to date - even from a manufacturer...

And that moment changed the trajectory of my life in vaping... I trusted myself, and began really doing and getting into DIY...

I'm not saying this exact scenario will happen to you, or that you should do anything right before gaining confidence... but just wanted you to know that DIY can produce awesome ejuice, it's just time and more experience. Just because the first go didn't give you good results doesn't mean you should give up..

You CAN do this!

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I hear about more rural areas being like that but I honestly don't remember the last time I went in a store and everyone wasn't wearing masks. We had a customer from one of our bigger accounts come in and tell our owner that if he comes in and people aren't wearing masks that are near him then he will go buy their supplies somewhere else. Trust me, we don't want to lose that account or any as a matter of fact. We still have the occasional person come in without a mask but my boss doesn't make them leave or anything.

Businesses do notice what their customers say. When it started up last year there was one Meijer store here that didn't require masks, they had a policy but didn't enforce it. They got a lot of flack and customers went elsewhere in large numbers. Same thing happened with one of our local Lowes. They both got the message pretty fast.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    Well my first try at DIY didn't go that well.

From the 3 one shots i got i didn't really like any of them,the key lime was ok i guess...fresh cola tasted like dishwasher soap and the pineapple was just plain bad.

Now i am stuck with 60mls of each flavor i didn't really like the cola and the pineapple.

Thinking of going smaller next time,going to buy some 30ml bottles and use those,can't really afford to be wasting e-liquid or vaping something i don't like.

Was thinking that maybe it could have been the brands of aroma i got,anyone got any suggestions on good one shot brands i could look up?
    Better if they are available here in EU,would save me some money on delivery costs.

For now i will just have to make do with the 60ml of yucky pineapple and 60ml of the dishwasher cola i got he he,it is what it is :D
    if you are just doing single flavors, why not get some flavorings instead of oneshots
    vt sugarloaf pineapple is a good pineapple flavor
    i'm not sure about cola but there are plenty of cola flavors, fa, tfa, cap, ssa

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    The first DIY recipe I made I thought man, this sucks! It was absolutely unvapeable...

However, being the tightwad that I am and seeing as how I made 60ml of it and the bottle had nicotine in it I put it in the back of a cabinet thinking someday I might figure out how to fix it and at least get through it...

Well I had actually forgot about it at one point and one day as I was cleaning out that cabinet I found it and was like oh... I remember that.. lol

Not too terribly long afterwards I needed some ejuice as I had run out, so I pulled the bottle out and thought screw it... I'll vape this regardless of how bad it tastes.

Now I had allowed that recipe to steep according to recipe directions, but it had still been just horrid, which is why I gave up on it...

However, when I loaded up and vaped it all those months later, it was just plain awesome! Im talking it was one of the best ejuices I'd ever tried to date - even from a manufacturer...

And that moment changed the trajectory of my life in vaping... I trusted myself, and began really doing and getting into DIY...

I'm not saying this exact scenario will happen to you, or that you should do anything right before gaining confidence... but just wanted you to know that DIY can produce awesome ejuice, it's just time and more experience. Just because the first go didn't give you good results doesn't mean you should give up..

You CAN do this!

I had a similar experience with Earl Grey. Stopped using it because it really wasn't very good. Most of a 100ml bottle sat on the shelf for almost a year, then I tried it and it was great. Only problem is I don't know how long it took to improve. I made 2 bottles and started using one and left the other one to sit.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?

My plans are for mixing today. I've been clearing off my nightstand of two weeks worth of mail and paperwork this morning, and my over the bed table of anything immediately unnecessary so there's more room to work.

And yes, I'm mixing in bed.. haha.

Getting a bit sore from all this cleaning/organizing, but it's nice to see open space.. haha.. it's been a bit.

Butch

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    My plans are for mixing today. I've been clearing off my nightstand of two weeks worth of mail and paperwork this morning, and my over the bed table of anything immediately unnecessary so there's more room to work.

Getting a bit sore from all this cleaning/organizing, but it's nice to see open space.. haha.. it's been a bit.
    o_O

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Makes no difference where you do your mixing as long as it gets done.:thumbs:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Recently I changed my vaping habits. I had 13 setups going, each with a different juice. Now I'm down to six, with just the flavors I liked the most. Plus I'm more diligent about changing wicks and coils. It's less of a chore and I'm enjoying it more.

Users who are viewing this thread