Random DIY mixing and More

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia I mixed a Orange tobacco Rum that's pretty tasty but I'm desiring more of an Orange presence. My little bottle of FW Blood Orange is empty:( What do I have that would make a decent sub?
Don't you have FA mandarin? That should work, it's a snv flavor tho I like it better if it sits for at least 24h. Flavors that can make orange pop are peach, apricot, mango, raspberry; .25-.5%.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia I mixed a Orange tobacco Rum that's pretty tasty but I'm desiring more of an Orange presence. My little bottle of FW Blood Orange is empty:( What do I have that would make a decent sub?
Forgot...think you have FA orange as well, that would be the best.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Been reading nothing but the DIY boards all this week and saw quite a few mentions of one-shot flavors by OSDIYS and FA Pazzo. I'm thinking these handy babies will be perfect for me to mix up vape-able juice easily. These are currently in my OSDIYS cart:

One Stop Blends - Lucky Shot* - 10mL
One Stop Blends - RJ4 - 10mL
One Stop Flavors - Arnold Palmer - 10mL
One Stop Flavors - Pink Lemonade - 10mL
FA Pazzo - King - 10ml
One Stop Flavors - Blue Raspberry Slush - 10mL
One Stop Blends - Lotta Latte* - 10mL
Tobacco Absolute - 1/4 oz (haven't seen this anywhere else before, so tossed it in)

Am I good to go with these or should I remove any?

BTW, the '*' is used to mark flavorings with those questionable custard notes, correct?

Question: I haven't seen mention of it, but wanted to ask if there is a particular order I should mix at? Mix flavoriings first, nic base first, etc.? As one should mix wet ingredients together, dry together, and then slowly incorporate dry (as with baking), how do I approach mixing e-liquids? Or does it not matter? I do plan on testing my flavors individually in small batches, before I start combining flavors in recipes, but wanted to ask first.

Also, my NR DIY Kit order arrived today and my nail polish/flavor cases arrived yesterday. :banana:Hubby is beyond ......, BTW (he's one of them that firmly believes vaping is worse than smoking, no matter what I say) and said he wants me out of the house now... Because of vaping. He tells me he wants me to stop vaping, so I'm simply supposed to, but I keep reminding him that I'm an adult who can make her own, informed, choices. That translates to 'he can't trust me' to my husband... Seriously??? o_O

Last edited:

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Question: I haven't seen mention of it, but wanted to ask if there is a particular order I should mix at? Mix flavoriings first, nic base first, etc.? As one should mix wet ingredients together, dry together, and then slowly incorporate dry (as with baking), how do I approach mixing e-liquids? Or does it not matter? I do plan on testing my flavors individually in small batches, before I start combining flavors in recipes, but wanted to ask first.
I've wondered a bit about this too. I've mostly been measuring in a graduated cylinder and I put in flavoring, then PG, VG, and nic base last until it measures up to the size of my batch. I'm thinking I should do nic base first though, so that if I overshoot I can pour some back into the bottle before it gets mixed with other ingredients. Other than that I don't think it particularly matters.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I've wondered a bit about this too. I've mostly been measuring in a graduated cylinder and I put in flavoring, then PG, VG, and nic base last until it measures up to the size of my batch. I'm thinking I should do nic base first though, so that if I overshoot I can pour some back into the bottle before it gets mixed with other ingredients. Other than that I don't think it particularly matters.
I personally do flavors first (if you make a mistake its cheap to fix), then nic, then PG/VG. If you over shoot the PG/VG it is still vapable

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have always put the nic in first because if I do overshoot it its easy to adjust and no harm to the mix is done. Over-shooting the other ingredients do not pose the same problem and what's a couple of extra drops with those ingredients? I am just picky with the nic amounts.

:)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Lazy old frat here.

I mix my base at slightly over my preferred nic % and slightly over my preferred VG %. (For me, that's 20 mg/ml in 60PG/40VG.) I get my nic in PG, and most flavorings are in PG as well.

When I mix, I use an appropriately sized graduated cylinder to mix in, and 3 or 5 ml needle-less syringes for measuring out the flavors. Into the cylinder. Add my base to the proper level, mix well, decant into bottles and wait :)

P.S. That's the base at 20. Final mix down is about 18 mg/ml, and closer to 65/35 on the PG/VG, depending on total flavor %. )

Last edited:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Flavors Express is the lemon it turns out I ordered.

Glad I can be inspiring. :) Let us know what you do too, I'm curious how others' tastes differ and what works for them. As I said in my last post the lemon was really the finishing touch for me. But YMMV.
IMO, this is one of the best lemons and doesn’t disappear to a faint whisper of a lemon after it ages. What percentage worked for you? I might have to start with lemon also and add from there but Idk yet. All this fruit talks making my mouth water:p

Only disappointing thing is that it seems like the Koolada has faded, I still get the coolness but not as much as I wanted. Maybe 1.5% next time.

The WS-23 doesn't seem to fade any but you don't use as much.
Seems I’ve mentioned WS-23 to you before but you really like koolada. (Though that might’ve been someone else.) I strongly recommend having both at your disposal as, IMO, they each have their place. But WS-23 usually takes the edge for me personally.

Last edited:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Glad I can be inspiring. :) Let us know what you do too, I'm curious how others' tastes differ and what works for them. As I said in my last post the lemon was really the finishing touch for me. But YMMV.
464 flavors, 16 raspberries and 2 blackberries but I don’t have FW of either:facepalm: Looks like I’ll have to determine my own percentages using what I have with FE lemon. Now I’m wondering if I’m missing out with these FW fruits... On the list they go:rolleyes:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Question: I haven't seen mention of it, but wanted to ask if there is a particular order I should mix at?

I've wondered a bit about this too.

In everything I read before I started DIY, it was suggested to add nic first, PG & VG 2nd and 3rd, then flavors. Though I’ve found two things. I over pour PG more often than anything else. So I start with PG, then nic, then flavors. Then I mix before adding VG and then mix again afterwards. I do this because IMO the flavor molecules can mix well easier without the thicker VG. Also, this might lesson steep time but no valid proof. I usually don’t mind if an extra drop or two of flavor sneaks out on me but I prefer my PG & nic to be spot on. PG because I seem to have a mild sensitivity to it and nic for obvious reasons. I think everyone will eventually find what works best for them.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    464 flavors, 16 raspberries and 2 blackberries but I don’t have FW of either:facepalm: Looks like I’ll have to determine my own percentages using what I have with FE lemon. Now I’m wondering if I’m missing out with these FW fruits... On the list they go:rolleyes:
    You counted? I'd be afraid to.

Users who are viewing this thread