Random DIY mixing and More

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?
Good morning Francine. I'm already in weekend mode, so no actual work will probably get done today. I have a few errands to run and have am going to give away some of my blood today. Other than that, not a whole lot. I might mix up a couple of fruit recipes that I've had bookmarked for awhile too.

Yourself?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning Francine. I'm already in weekend mode, so no actual work will probably get done today. I have a few errands to run and have am going to give away some of my blood today. Other than that, not a whole lot. I might mix up a couple of fruit recipes that I've had bookmarked for awhile too.

Yourself?
    I have plans on trying two new mixes. I already have the Mango Guava Yoghurt Drink tanked and first thoughts are good,

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Morning Hitt. It always seems to rain on the lake holidays. Every year it either rains on Memorial Day, the 4th, or Labor Day.

Or on all of them. We just finished about two weeks of scorching heat and as soon as we get some time off then it rains and rains. The wipers on my Jeep aren't working right but I can't get it looked at until next week after the holiday. It was really pouring this morning and I had to keep turning my control to get it to run the wipers. The regular on speed and the extra fast speed are both running extra fast which is annoying. It's probably in the switch on the steering column. It's a company car so I'm not going to mess with it. I'll just take it in after the holiday weekend.

Into Deftones?

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan but like the stuff I've heard of theirs. Here's some of the bands on my recent download playlist. Hyro the Hero, Motionless in White, Bring me the Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Avenged Sevenfold, I Prevail, Volbeat, In This Moment, Godsmack, Disturbed, Korn, Badflower, Falling in Reverse, and of course there's always some Metallica thrown in.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I wouldn't say I'm a big fan but like the stuff I've heard of theirs. Here's some of the bands on my recent download playlist. Hyro the Hero, Motionless in White, Bring me the Horizon, Asking Alexandria, Avenged Sevenfold, I Prevail, Volbeat, In This Moment, Godsmack, Disturbed, Korn, Badflower, Falling in Reverse, and of course there's always some Metallica thrown in.

Sounds like a pretty good selection of music. I listen to a lot of Volbeat and really like that they are kind of a crazy mixup of several different genres. And Metallica is the greatest band of all time. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Can't stand them. Been listening to 70's stuff like Boston but I like a lot of the bands hitt posted. Especially love Volbeat.
    Volbeat has such a unique sound. It's like a combo of metal, rockabilly, groove, punk and rock.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Sounds like a pretty good selection of music. I listen to a lot of Volbeat and really like that they are kind of a crazy mixup of several different genres. And Metallica is the greatest band of all time. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

I actually saw Metallica in concert in 87 or 88. It's hard to remember now. They were part of a tour called Monsters of Rock.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I actually saw Metallica in concert in 87 or 88. It's hard to remember now. They were part of a tour called Monsters of Rock.
    I bet that was a great concert. I've seen them several times live, but obviously not during that era. I have box set that has a bunch of live concerts from their 80s shows though.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas

We saw Metallica here in Vegas a few years back and Godsmack opened for them! It was incredible. Redbird is right, greatest band ever.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Dave Mustaine disagrees :lol::lol::lol:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?
    Whew, I just spent two hours walking around my garden, tidying up everything, get a bunch of cherry tomatoes ripe every day, and a big pink brandywine tomato today. Capresi salad for dinner tonight!

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Whew, I just spent two hours walking around my garden, tidying up everything, get a bunch of cherry tomatoes ripe every day, and a big pink brandywine tomato today. Capresi salad for dinner tonight!
    Sweet red peppers too, Corno di Toro Italian peppers and Candy Apple bell peppers. Tomorrow's dinner will be sauteed chicken and peppers with a side of rice.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My bottle of yoghurt drink was not full, leading me to think I’ve vaped some before now. Checked Zazie’s blog for the recipe but I didn’t see it. So here it is @Zazie

Mango/Guava Yoghurt Drink
    VT Yoghurt Drink 5%
    FW Yogurt 3%
    FW Mango/Guava 3%
    SSA Malaysian Guava 1%

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Yeah, Mustaine is not their biggest fan.
    I'm going to say something here just once, and never talk about it again. When I was 12 years old, for Christmas we got a cd player for the house stereo. Big thing at the time for the kids. My mom asked me if I wanted a couple cds for Xmas and I asked for Metallica and Megadeth. I didn't know much about metal and listened to normal rock radio, but all my friends at school were already getting into this stuff. She got me the Black Album and Rust in Peace. I was a Megadeth fan from then on. And it went much farther to the stuff most of you really dislike lol.
    That music is a bit outdated though, I don't seek it out anymore. I'm into Electro stuff and anything under the sun (or moon) I guess.
    I still listen to metal, rock, alternative, etc., but not as much. I used to be a passionate (if shy) metalhead.

But the way I think about music is, it is part of me. Just because I don't want to listen to it now doesn't mean it's not still there. There is a world of music to explore, and it is basically all good in some way shape or form. Music is part of our soul.

Users who are viewing this thread