Random DIY mixing and More

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have room in my drawer divider for them now. Most are 10ml bottles.The flavors are in all different odd categories. I'll probably just put them all together for now.
As long as it works for you. I've found that what "should" work, what seems most logical, seldom is the best solution. What actually works takes a little experimentation.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    As long as it works for you. I've found that what "should" work, what seems most logical, seldom is the best solution. What actually works takes a little experimentation.
    You got that right. At least I have greatly cut down on the search.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't have enough flavors yet to need an organizer, but it's interesting to see just how deep one can get into this hobby.

"Once you start down the dark path, forever it will dominate your destiny..."
    Yes indeed,but it's so much fun:)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am mixing tomorrow. Got some great ideas from the thread. I want to redo my mint chocolate chip ice cream flavor (one of my favorites) but add a touch more mint.

I kind of think white chocolate and peppermint might be a neat combo and it's one of my favorite flavors.

Will be making testers of some new stuff, too. But yes, tomorrow is mixing day. I will also be upping my PEG400 percentage, so it should be interesting. Thank you Nicotine River for selling that stuff at like $20 a gallon. LOL.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Oh my. I forgot I have a flavor order coming today.

FwW8H2g.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2014
    Jenks, OK, USA
    So a coworker asked me what I did this weekend. He's not a vaper so I had to sort of step him through DIY and what I'm trying to accomplish with it, but he thought it was kinda cool that you can do it. He's a pipe and cigar guy so he compared it to mixing your own pipe tobacco. He did think that a mint chocolate chip ice cream flavor was kind of crazy though.

So I just kind of wonder how you folks who are deep into it as a hobby explain it to people who don't vape.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    So I just kind of wonder how you folks who are deep into it as a hobby explain it to people who don't vape.
    I don't, except in very basic terms. No details. That's what ECF if for. To talk to people who understand!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So a coworker asked me what I did this weekend. He's not a vaper so I had to sort of step him through DIY and what I'm trying to accomplish with it, but he thought it was kinda cool that you can do it. He's a pipe and cigar guy so he compared it to mixing your own pipe tobacco. He did think that a mint chocolate chip ice cream flavor was kind of crazy though.

I don't explain unless someone asks.In that case I explain as simple as possible.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Oh my. I forgot I have a flavor order coming today.

FwW8H2g.jpg

I'm rebottling nicotine, and I have the FA magic additives, plus a refill or two.

You've got me curious. Do you keep a list of all your flavors so you know what you have?

The recipe calculator I have gets them entered off the invoices. It uses that to calculate how much a bottle costs. It can also keep an inventory to alert you if you run out, if you click the button when you make it.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
    Oct 22, 2014
    Jenks, OK, USA
    I don't, except in very basic terms. No details. That's what ECF if for. To talk to people who understand!

I don't explain unless someone asks.In that case I explain as simple as possible.

I see. I probably wouldn't want to explain it to everyone either. The guy I was talking to though tends to "get" stuff like this so I felt comfortable stepping him through it. He knows I've been vaping to quit smoking and all that.

There are others in the office who I may just as well not mention it to. If they ask what I did over the weekend I'll probably just say I relaxed around the house. That's basically what I did anyway, I just broke it up with some mixing from time to time.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA

I don't run into that IRL. Online I passed on the suggestion to use food/ecig flavoring in colonoscopy prep and someone came back panicked about that dangerous ecig flavoring so just use food flavoring. I explained to her that they are all food flavorings, the risky ecigs flavorings are from food flavoring companies that won't test for things that shouldn't be inhaled.

Users who are viewing this thread