Random DIY mixing and More

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Nice use of the christmas ham bone.:) I did 15 bean soup yesterday with ours. I'm supposed to take it easy on salt, but have to have a country ham at chrismas. ham salad today :)

The only problem is that it wasn't my Christmas Ham Bone (nor was it a Country Ham, but a Pork b u t t ) that someone else cooked . . . Worse I wasn't invited to dinner, nor given any Ham/leftovers -- that's why I don't understand why I was making the soup . . . :confused:

Anyway, it's done and will be distributed later today . . . And even if I have to say it myself, it pretty dam good . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Just cleaned my fridge. It’s a job, but so satisfying when it’s done. The garbage men are gonna hate me between old food and broken down boxes along with the everyday stuff. Feels good to start the New Year somewhat clean around here.

I found a recipe from “what can I make” on elr. It’s called Honeycomb Custard. I’ve never used the VTA Honeycomb so this should be interesting. I hope it doesn’t smell bad like regular honey.

I wish I could get half as motivated as you are. Besides mixing, I’ve done nothing but binge watching Lost in Space this morning. Gotta get up and moving.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I wish I could get half as motivated as you are. Besides mixing, I’ve done nothing but binge watching Lost in Space this morning. Gotta get up and moving.
    I make a list and go at it. Yesterday I didn’t do much. I’ve also folded towels, made up my bed, took garbage to the can, and helped my son finish his puzzle he got for Christmas and now I’m watching football. I’m about to change the A/C filter and spray off the vent. Then scrub litter boxes. :lol: I want to mix that recipe I found. Honeycomb sounds interesting based on reviews.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Good afternoon Folks :wub:

Hope y'all are doing well!

Here's a tranquil photo from early today shot just before our morning ride. That's my dear lady friend with her lovely horse Lexi.
    IMG_2357cr.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got an appointment to get my booster shot later today. CVS was booked but Walmart had appointments so I’m going there instead. I wanted to give myself at least two days before I have to go back to work.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    Happy birthday @AttyPops
    :bday::bday:

Happy Birthday @AttyPops :bday:

Happy Birthday @AttyPops!

Happy Birthday @AttyPops

happy-birthday-cupcake.gif

1-1.gif

To YOU

54440d1320312634-happy-birthday-ainars-bday02-copy-bday-birthday-gift-smiley-emoticon-000129-large.gif

TO YOU

ec3e6d93f14bdaf17212a7d39b87b58d.gif

@AttyPops

39553.jpg

Demcember 30, 2021

LuBergmann-happy_birthday_words.gif

To YOU

NOW - Remember to Blow Out The Candles . . .

ALL OF THEM . . .
    c1b263e7d4f19e4b9dd864e446cf362e.gif

s3weDS0.gif

SO I DID . . . :facepalm:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Thank you all! :wub:

Great group in here. Just say'n.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have to go out and take care of a couple minor things to prepare for the impending freeze and snow Saturday. I figured I better do it now in case I don’t feel good after the booster.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    I have to go out and take care of a couple minor things to prepare for the impending freeze and snow Saturday. I figured I better do it now in case I don’t feel good after the booster.
    I had moderate chills the day after, and a general tired feeling. Nothing too serious, but glad I scheduled it as I did so not on a work day. Overall it was good news in that my immune system reacted well against the booster, it had been over 6 months since 2nd shot vaccination.

Wishing you good timing and strong immunity.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I had moderate chills the day after, and a general tired feeling. Nothing too serious, but glad I scheduled it as I did so not on a work day. Overall it was good news in that my immune system reacted well against the booster, it had been over 6 months since 2nd shot vaccination.

Wishing you good timing and strong immunity.

Thanks. It’s been 8 months since my second shot which I missed a day and a half of work from. I’m off this week so wanted to get it done.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    One of several I've been working on up here. After a few iterations I'm happy with where it's at. @Zazie, please and TIA. :)

Creamy Pear (creative name eh, eh, eh? :lol:)

FA Pear 2%
    WF Ripe Pear 2%
    FA Caramel 2%
    WF Bavarian Cream 1.5%
    SSA Madagascar Vanilla 1%
    FA Fresh Cream 1%
    FA Marshmallow 0.75%

10.25% total flavoring. 30 day steep (the creams demand and dictate that). YMMV, someone might like it off the shake or after minimal steeping. FWIW it's good a day after mixing, and a week after ...blah, blah, blah... however it comes to life after 30 days.

The two pears complement each other very nicely. Together they make for a very realistic tasting pear profile. WF Bavarian Cream (which is a really good BC btw) has a very light caramel note. I used FA Caramel to bring the caramel more forward. Overall the caramel is still a light tease.

The Bavarian cream, Madagascar vanilla, Fresh Cream and Marshmallow are the base for the recipe. On it's own it is a fine creamy base for nearly any other type of mix.

All-in-all it's a very smooth, tasty and refreshing vape. The creamy base has a very pleasing and full mouthfeel (but not heavy, IMO).

The creamy base works to completely reduce and balance what would have been some sharpness from the pears. Vanilla pairs excellently with pear. The touch of marshmallow helps to smooth out and ever so slightly sweeten the mix. FA Marshmallow also helps to flesh out more of the vanilla from the Bavarian cream and Madagascar.

CAP Vanilla Custard v1 or FA Custard Premium could easily be used minus the Marshmallow. Lol, a custard will sweeten the same as marshmallow does but a custard will lend it's unique flavor characteristics to the mix. If I was using a custard it would likely be with ~1% FA CP.

The FA Caramel could be skipped altogether (lookin' at you Fran ;)). With the other flavors the very light caramel note in WF Bavarian Cream is completely nonexistent. :D FWIW, VTA Chocolate Mousse 2% would be a good alternative (or additive) to the caramel. Chocolate also pairs nicely with pear.

Next time I make this I will likely add either OOO Pie Crust, a cake or a cookie for added texture and complexity.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    One of several I've been working on up here. After a few iterations I'm happy with where it's at. @Zazie, please and TIA. :)

Creamy Pear (creative name eh, eh, eh? :lol:)

FA Pear 2%
    WF Ripe Pear 2%
    FA Caramel 2%
    WF Bavarian Cream 1.5%
    SSA Madagascar Vanilla 1%
    FA Fresh Cream 1%
    FA Marshmallow 0.75%

10.25% total flavoring. 30 day steep (the creams demand and dictate that). YMMV, someone might like it off the shake or after minimal steeping. FWIW it's good a day after mixing, and a week after ...blah, blah, blah... however it comes to life after 30 days.

The two pears complement each other very nicely. Together they make for a very realistic tasting pear profile. WF Bavarian Cream (which is a really good BC btw) has a very light caramel note. I used FA Caramel to bring the caramel more forward. Overall the caramel is still a light tease.

The Bavarian cream, Madagascar vanilla, Fresh Cream and Marshmallow are the base for the recipe. On it's own it is a fine creamy base for nearly any other type of mix.

All-in-all it's a very smooth, tasty and refreshing vape. The creamy base has a very pleasing and full mouthfeel (but not heavy, IMO).

The creamy base works to completely reduce and balance what would have been some sharpness from the pears. Vanilla pairs excellently with pear. The touch of marshmallow helps to smooth out and ever so slightly sweeten the mix. FA Marshmallow also helps to flesh out more of the vanilla from the Bavarian cream and Madagascar.

CAP Vanilla Custard v1 or FA Custard Premium could easily be used minus the Marshmallow. Lol, a custard will sweeten the same as marshmallow does but a custard will lend it's unique flavor characteristics to the mix. If I was using a custard it would likely be with ~1% FA CP.

The FA Caramel could be skipped altogether (lookin' at you Fran ;)). With the other flavors the very light caramel note in WF Bavarian Cream is completely nonexistent. :D FWIW, VTA Chocolate Mousse 2% would be a good alternative (or additive) to the caramel. Chocolate also pairs nicely with pear.

Next time I make this I will likely add either OOO Pie Crust, a cake or a cookie for added texture and complexity.
    It’s not that I don’t like caramel but I just can’t taste it. Unfortunately pear isn’t one of my #1 fruits either.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    What? No new recipes?
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Ha ha, :pervy:, see my last post.

Oh yeah, I got my Pfizer booster shot. Like the first two pokes, very minimal soreness and zero side effects. Unless I count the freakin' aliens from the Pleiades (known as The Seven Sisters) who are now actively tracking me. And I now glow more than ever! :lol: On a serious note, from what I've read we could be seeing a fourth booster in another six months. Israel is testing that currently.

Users who are viewing this thread