Random DIY mixing and More

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I really have to get some kind of better organization
I know I go a little overboard with organizing. I have a pretty big toolbox with lots of trays and containers that really helps me to organize. But then again. . . my spice cabinet is alphabetized. unnamed.gif

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Do you have TFA Smooth? It will help to cut down harshness and throat hit. If you have it add a couple drops to your mix. Test. Add a little at a time as needed.

Alternatively, adding a cream or two will help to smooth out the rough edges.

I used TFA Smooth a lot when I started mixing, based on various recommendations. Not recently though, and I don't recall ever trying the same recipe with and without Smooth to see what the difference was. I still have a bottle of it. From what I've read it seems to be used for the same purpose as Marshmallow, which I've been using a bit recently. Are there differences between the two?

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Out of the blue, my tablet died on me. It would overheat while charging and then quit charging. I tried changing chargers but that didn't work. Tech support at Samsung wasn't helpful, they put me on hold then hung up on me even before they would tell me the cost to send it in to be looked at. Oh well, it was like over 2 years old anyway. I just ordered a new tablet from Amazon for $250. I'll get it on Tuesday. In the meantime, I'm stuck posting with my phone.
I always post on my phone x

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning mixers. Starting a new work week. I actually feel pretty rested. I worked some more on my next review last night. It needs to be posted this week. I think the boss is leaving again later in the week for California. His wife returns here next month so that will be the end of his trips for the year.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Back then I didn’t buy much. It was later that I started stockpiling hardware. One of these days I really have to get some kind of better organization in place instead of throwing a bunch of random stuff in a box and writing a list.
    You could open a store.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Looking over my written recipes and realized I wrote one recipe with no fruit at all. I’m not sure if I should add fruit or mix as I wrote it.
    I will mix as written. I know the right recipes can be good with no fruit. I can always add if needed.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I used TFA Smooth a lot when I started mixing, based on various recommendations. Not recently though, and I don't recall ever trying the same recipe with and without Smooth to see what the difference was. I still have a bottle of it. From what I've read it seems to be used for the same purpose as Marshmallow, which I've been using a bit recently. Are there differences between the two?
    Yes. The big difference is TFA Smooth has Triacetin in it. Over time Triacetin will cloud and crack plastic tanks. Same thing with FA MTS Wizard, which does the very same thing as Smooth.

Either one of those (besides reducing harshness) can also help to blend (versus layer) flavors in a mix. Nearly any sweetener, when used imperceptibility, can help to do the same (blend).

My preference is to use a cream, a vanilla, a custard or a marshmallow (many times a combination of) to take the edge off a harsh mix. Those will also thicken, and enhance, nearly any mix.

Some fruits are harsh. Using another, complimentary, non harsh fruit flavor will help to minimize harshness.

Using a higher VG ratio, and/or lower nic mg, will also reduce harshness.

Some confuse harshness with throat hit. Some like a strong TH while others don't.

Wayne at DIY or Die has an excellent webpage, and video, on the topic. Why is My Ejuice Harsh? (Updated) - DIY OR DIE Vaping

@Zazie can you please add this to the Tips section. Thank you muchly! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread