Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm going with day three of survival for a plan. Two days in a row and it has worked out.

Cloning a favorite liquid that was no longer available due to a business shutting down was the reason I started trying mixing. I'm glad I did now but have also had many failed mixes. I think that our memory of how good something was in the past and the reality of how good it really was often doesn't quite match up.
    How’s the survival plan going!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good afternoon :)

It got hot here, 75° currently. I'm lounging in shorts and a tank top.

The weather folks say it's supposed to be unusually hot, upper 80s flirting w/low 90s, for the next couple days. o_O The AC will be put to good use. :D
    After today we have four in the low 80’s.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    How’s the survival plan going!

Pretty good so far. I made it through lunch and am on the back half of the day. I had a machine sent in for repair that the customer swears it was doing all this weird stuff but I can't get it to fail and have checked everything I can think of. I'm at the point where I'm going to have to send it back to them and let them know. I did do a calibration that they requested but never did see the problem they were talking about.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Pretty good so far. I made it through lunch and am on the back half of the day. I had a machine sent in for repair that the customer swears it was doing all this weird stuff but I can't get it to fail and have checked everything I can think of. I'm at the point where I'm going to have to send it back to them and let them know. I did do a calibration that they requested but never did see the problem they were talking about.
    Maybe you fixed it.

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I guess my Fat Rabbits have been busy digging 'cause I think I just fell down a hole...

IMG_20220511_143008300.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I'm going to give CAP shortbread another go. Will mix it solo this time. Maybe I screwed up the mix I had it in or maybe the flavor combination was no good for shortbread, IDK... just thinking out loud.

I don't like to give up easily! ;)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just picked up a 30ml for starters, but I saved a bunch of your recipes so might be an early reorder on that!

-haha, somehow I quoted myself!
    Goodness, I really hope you like the recipes.

I have a new recipe for the shortbread that I’ll be trying shortly. I do expect to like it.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I guess my Fat Rabbits have been busy digging 'cause I think I just fell down a hole...

View attachment 974436
    Nice bunch of flavors!

Be very careful... Before you know it you will be in the DIY rabbit hole deep. Once you catch a serious case of flavoritis it's all over. :D
    down-the-rabbit-hole-alices-adventures-in-wonderland-framed-graphic-art.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm going to give CAP shortbread another go. Will mix it solo this time. Maybe I screwed up the mix I had it in or maybe the flavor combination was no good for shortbread, IDK... just thinking out loud.

I don't like to give up easily! ;)
    Good luck.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Nice bunch of flavors!

Be very careful... Before you know it you will be in the DIY rabbit hole deep. Once you catch a serious case of flavoritis it's all over. :D
    View attachment 974437

Haha, I have set myself a limit of 100 flavors - we'll see how that goes.
    All these flavors are from recipes that I saved except one, I think. Double Apple I added to pad the apple options.
    With these my stash is at 42, elr gives me 678 recipes with what I have now, forget what +1 added.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    All these flavors are from recipes that I saved except one, I think. Double Apple I added to pad the apple options.
    With these my stash is at 42, elr gives me 678 recipes with what I have now, forget what +1 added.

I wish you luck staying at 100. I started with a small cardboard box and maybe 10-20. I now have nine storage cases almost full plus more overflow of large bottles.

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I wish you luck staying at 100. I started with a small cardboard box and maybe 10-20. I now have nine storage cases almost full plus more overflow of large bottles.

Thanks, I'll need it.
    My stash +1 flavor recipe list could add another 500 flavors...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    When I started DIY I thought I was stylin' with like 30 flavors. Told my wife we won't ever need anymore.

Ha ha... ha ha ha... ha ha... famous last words. :D

Guess who always wanted, and found, new flavors to try? My wife. Our little 30ish flavor collection grew, and fast.

A while back I gave my younger brother about 200 flavors to help him get started with DIY. Told myself never again will I have tons of flavors.

Ha ha...... that didn't last very long, at all. Companies released new flavors and I couldn't say no... I mean... they're new and improved!
    :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread