Random DIY mixing and More

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, mixers,

More sun here, although the rain scheduled for the weekend has been moved up to Thursday. We'll see :)

It appears to be plastic. I can only access the bolt and nut on the underside. I have lousy tools and can't get a grip on the nut, so I don't know whether it's corroded in place or not.

Many have a "cap" over the top, snaps down, may be hinged. Since any new one will come with new bolts, feel free to destroy that ;)

2295392.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    GV Max 100 Kit. TY!

That's a great win! I just reviewed that kit a little while ago. Too bad it uses drop in coils. They are good coils but I'm not about to start buying more new coils.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sometimes a mix comes into it’s own on day 2. Such was the case here.

@Zazie with much thanks :) @NolaMel

Berry Cheesy
    FLV BlackBerry Cheesecake 2%
    SSA Cheesecake on Graham 1%
    FLV BlackBerry 1%
    WF Yangmei Berry 1.5%
    WF (Mora) BlackBerry 2%

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    That's a great win! I just reviewed that kit a little while ago. Too bad it uses drop in coils. They are good coils but I'm not about to start buying more new coils.

I have enough kits for use right now, so I will probably just put this away like I did the hero 2 kit I bought. Save it for "later" lol.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas

Ah yes I just saw it uses different coils than my Hero 2. Definitely save for later.

Chiisaiinu

• Apr 20, 2022
    Tacoma, WA USA
    For my taste, this has turned out to be a nice(tasty) simple vape.
    Blackberry delight:
    Bavarian cream-tfa-1%
    Marshmallow-tfa-.5%
    Blackberry-cap-2%
    Fresh cream-fa-1%
    Out of curiousity why did you choose bavarian cream and fresh cream? Was it for mouth feel or flavor? Just curious because at least culinary wise I wouldnt think to mix blackberries with dairy as the blackberries are astringent with a sharp taste that would make the sourness of the dairy more pronounced.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    It appears to be plastic. I can only access the bolt and nut on the underside. I have lousy tools and can't get a grip on the nut, so I don't know whether it's corroded in place or not.
    You will need a deep socket wrench to loosen the nuts. I would spray a healthy amount of Liquid Wrench on the bolts and nuts before trying to loosen them. Repeat as needed. LW might help to loosen those.

Yes, I'm hoping my sister has a mini hacksaw. I think it's going to be necessary.
    If it comes to that use a 6" putty knife positioned up against the bolt so it's between the hacksaw and toilet. That's so you don't damage the porcelain. Alternatively, you could use a thin piece of plastic.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    It appears to be plastic. I can only access the bolt and nut on the underside.
    Cutting the bolts should be quick and easy if they are plastic. There should be access to cutting the bolts from the top. Are you able post a photo?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Is anyone familiar with PUR Simply Cake? If so is it sweet to you?
    PUR Simply Cake is a nice neutral cake flavor. A while back I tested it with a creamy vanilla mix. I didn't find it to be any sweeter than any other cake flavor. I like it. :)

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Out of curiousity why did you choose bavarian cream and fresh cream? Was it for mouth feel or flavor? Just curious because at least culinary wise I wouldnt think to mix blackberries with dairy as the blackberries are astringent with a sharp taste that would make the sourness of the dairy more pronounced.
    To be honest I just mix things together and once in a while I get a winner.
    I use fresh cream in quite a few of my mixes, I just like it in a mix.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?

I was finally able to sort out the insurance problem about the mouthpiece for my sleep apnea. My medical insurance does pay for it, but I have to pay for it myself then file for reimbursement. Since I don't have $1200 lying around, I applied for one of those interest-free medical loans. I have another dental appointment at noon today. Today is also election day so I'm going to go vote while I'm out.

We are finally getting some much needed rain.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Creams offer some sweetness (depending) and help to smooth out many mixes. They also add mouthfeel and flavor. Likewise, marshmallow will add sweetness and mouthfeel to mixes.

I don't find the creams or Bavarian creams we use in DIY to be sour. IRL creams can be made to be sour or sweet; same is true in DIY.

FA Fresh Cream is usually paired with another cream because on its own it doesn't have much in the way of flavor. But it does add creaminess and mouthfeel. It is one of the best neutral creams for DIY. IMHO, every DIY'er should have FA Fresh Cream as it is very useful.

Not all blackberry, or berry, flavors are "astringent with a sharp taste". Best example being FLV Blackberry; a very smooth and lightly sweetened berry with no astringency or sharp taste whatsoever. There are other berries with a similar profile.

Users who are viewing this thread