Random DIY mixing and More

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Oh, I also got a bottle order today, so I think I'm all set for mixing, at least to start.
Seem to have travelled safely, all droppers okay and no obvious damage to the bottles - didn't pull every one out for a thorough check yet though.

Just need to order up some motivation.

And clean some bottles, droppers, caps...

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Just got the lawn mowed so that’s one less thing to do this weekend. I am going to work on cleaning up the deck furniture and give it a new coat of paint. I’d like to get the deck power washed too but am not going to make plans I don’t know if I’ll keep.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Oh, I also got a bottle order today, so I think I'm all set for mixing, at least to start.
    Seem to have travelled safely, all droppers okay and no obvious damage to the bottles - didn't pull every one out for a thorough check yet though.

Just need to order up some motivation.

And clean some bottles, droppers, caps...
    After they’re all clean it will be much easier to clean as you empty them.

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    After they’re all clean it will be much easier to clean as you empty them.
    Thank you, Fran!
    Yeah, I learned that with my dishes some years ago - always wash them up right away or as soon after using as is practical. So I'll have to not be lazy thinking "Meh, it's just juice bottles, I'll do 'em later!"

I did go with glass to help avoid staining or lingering flavors. I had some plastic ones bookmarked but held off for now.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you, Fran!
    Yeah, I learned that with my dishes some years ago - always wash them up right away or as soon after using as is practical. So I'll have to not be lazy thinking "Meh, it's just juice bottles, I'll do 'em later!"

I did go with glass to help avoid staining or lingering flavors. I had some plastic ones bookmarked but held off for now.
    Yes, my preference is glass.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Oh, haha, thinking now that you meant that all the chore in cleaning new bottles is front loaded by doing them all at once!

It's not late yet but I guess getting late for me today!
    Well, you don’t have to clean them all. Just a reasonable amount to use.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend! Any fun plans for you?

I’ll be home with my fur kids same old same old.

I’m hoping to get started on my cataloguing and storage started but I had steroid injections into my right thumb yesterday. I had “trigger thumb” where the thumb or finger is stuck bent or open then painfully pops back into place. Haven’t been able to do much for a couple of weeks since I’m right handed and I can’t grip or grasp much not even a coffee cup. Try drinking hot coffee with your non predominant hand! It’s exciting lol!

I don’t want to push it too soon but I’m getting antsy on getting started before I lose my motivation lol!

so it’ll just be me watching Red Sox games and playoff hockey. If it’s nice out I’ll take Haley out for a walk and enjoy the yard.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Yeah I was alright with it but next time I know to use a coupon and go to Jiffy Lube or somewhere like that. I did go to JL once and they told me it's be over an hour wait so I left. I downloaded a coupon for $15 off a synthetic oil change too.

I used to go to Jiffy Lube. The last time they stripped the drain plug. When I picked the car up they gave me a mountain of bull. They said it was stripped when I took it in, but they were the people who did the previous oil change. They put it back in but said it was loose and could fall out. Also told me the plug fitted in a plate on the bottom of the engine that was held in with 4 bolts and 2 of those were missing. That plate didn't even exist. A buddy took it to a friend and got it drilled out for an oversized plug. Now I pay a little more and take my wheels to a real shop.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I got a box of bottles last week, plus replacement drip caps. The old ones were losing their air seal and didn't work too well. Turns out the glass parts on the new ones are shorter than the old ones and don't reach the bottom of the bottle, which is a bit annoying. The glass on the old caps are fine though so I can stick them in the new caps. Took another look at the site and they sell them with either 62mm or 66mm glass. I didn't notice that and got the 62mm because they came with a black top and the 66mm came with a white top.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend! Any fun plans for you?

I’ll be home with my fur kids same old same old.

I’m hoping to get started on my cataloguing and storage started but I had steroid injections into my right thumb yesterday. I had “trigger thumb” where the thumb or finger is stuck bent or open then painfully pops back into place. Haven’t been able to do much for a couple of weeks since I’m right handed and I can’t grip or grasp much not even a coffee cup. Try drinking hot coffee with your non predominant hand! It’s exciting lol!

I don’t want to push it too soon but I’m getting antsy on getting started before I lose my motivation lol!

so it’ll just be me watching Red Sox games and playoff hockey. If it’s nice out I’ll take Haley out for a walk and enjoy the yard.
    It’s safer to be home. I have will be too.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got a box of bottles last week, plus replacement drip caps. The old ones were losing their air seal and didn't work too well. Turns out the glass parts on the new ones are shorter than the old ones and don't reach the bottom of the bottle, which is a bit annoying. The glass on the old caps are fine though so I can stick them in the new caps. Took another look at the site and they sell them with either 62mm or 66mm glass. I didn't notice that and got the 62mm because they came with a black top and the 66mm came with a white top.
    I guess it depends where you buy them. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them offered with white tops.

Users who are viewing this thread