Random DIY mixing and More

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I solved a mystery last week. The tank I use for Earl Grey always made a loud crackling noise. Even worse when I went to TC. Rebuilt it, moved the coil up and down, more and less wick. Then I finally remembered Earl Grey flavor is one that can't be shipped by air which means it contains alcohol. I took the top off the big bottle and the small dropper bottle and left them open for a couple of days, it doesn't crackle any more.

Now I have another mystery. I had a Lemo that started randomly saying it couldn't detect the coil. Tried everything I could think of. Then end of last week I stripped it down completely, took the deck apart which I never do, removed the orings and cleaned them, etc. After that it worked perfectly. Then today I found a tank ring on the kitchen floor, one of the flat ones that go at either end of the glass. It could have sat on the countertop for days or weeks, they are transparent and almost invisible.

My first theory is that there were 2 washers at one end of the dodgy tank. Not sure how but maybe that caused the loss of electrical connection. Or I could have put a different tank back together with only one ring.

If I never figure it out that won't be the first vaping mystery I never figured out.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I don't have a problem with strawberry but I've noticed that a fair amount of folks do. I don't want to burn out on strawberry so I started mixing more with raspberry a while back. At present, I mix with both.

When I was getting pre-mixed juice there was a strawberry I liked. Can't remember what it was. I tried many times to mix my own but just can't taste it any more. I do fine with raspberry though.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I solved a mystery last week. The tank I use for Earl Grey always made a loud crackling noise. Even worse when I went to TC. Rebuilt it, moved the coil up and down, more and less wick. Then I finally remembered Earl Grey flavor is one that can't be shipped by air which means it contains alcohol. I took the top off the big bottle and the small dropper bottle and left them open for a couple of days, it doesn't crackle any more.

Now I have another mystery. I had a Lemo that started randomly saying it couldn't detect the coil. Tried everything I could think of. Then end of last week I stripped it down completely, took the deck apart which I never do, removed the orings and cleaned them, etc. After that it worked perfectly. Then today I found a tank ring on the kitchen floor, one of the flat ones that go at either end of the glass. It could have sat on the countertop for days or weeks, they are transparent and almost invisible.

My first theory is that there were 2 washers at one end of the dodgy tank. Not sure how but maybe that caused the loss of electrical connection. Or I could have put a different tank back together with only one ring.

If I never figure it out that won't be the first vaping mystery I never figured out.
    At least you solved one mystery. That’s a win:thumbs:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When I was getting pre-mixed juice there was a strawberry I liked. Can't remember what it was. I tried many times to mix my own but just can't taste it any more. I do fine with raspberry though.
    I have no idea why but it seems a lot of folks have problems with strawberry. From not being able to taste it to not being able to make a good recipe.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Today was a lot cooler with a high of 86, currently 81. We did get a touch of rain this morning, just enough to mess up my plans to mow the lawn. I'll try again in the morning. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 91 and no rain. After I mow, I'll go into town for some errands.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Today was a lot cooler with a high of 86, currently 81. We did get a touch of rain this morning, just enough to mess up my plans to mow the lawn. I'll try again in the morning. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 91 and no rain. After I mow, I'll go into town for some errands.
    Here in the north anything over 75 is hot.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Went out with the wife today in her car, it said 107 on the dash. I got a (horrible) haircut, the first time that's happened at Sport Clips. Finally we went home after she got done shopping and relaxed. I've been sleeping much better on the new bed. Oh yea @englishmick I started a new save on NMS!

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?

Mow the lawn, go to town to pick up my groceries and contact lenses, and get the oil changed on my truck and get the state inspection and registration renewed.. Church this evening.

Users who are viewing this thread