hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It’s still a little chilly here but think my wife might be slightly warming up. She’s busy making these evergreen arrangements that she likes to do this time of year. We still don’t have a Christmas tree up yet. Maybe this weekend.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It’s still a little chilly here but think my wife might be slightly warming up. She’s busy making these evergreen arrangements that she likes to do this time of year. We still don’t have a Christmas tree up yet. Maybe this weekend.
    A bit warmer is good.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I had a bugger bear of a day, but not as bad as last Sunday. I had to be at the hospital at 7am for my pre-op so I had to leave home at 5:45. I was then asked to work today, but because I was at the hospital, I couldn't get to work until after 10am. There were tons of packages and the regular carriers were too busy to help me and the other new person has a weekday job, so he couldn't work today. I got 'em done and finished at 5:30 (instead of 7:30 like Sunday). I did my regular route much more efficiently than I have been, but I had to deliver on the second route, too and I was going places that I didn't even know existed in my town.

In other news, I'm in the market for a new vehicle. I currently own a car and a pickup truck and neither are reliable. I did manage to get pre-qualified for a loan. Tomorrow I'm going to a local dealer to see a Ford F150 that I saw online. It's a 2016 and only has 89k miles. It's fairly bare bones without a ton of bells and whistles, but that makes it more affordable. My current car is a 1999 and needs some work. I'd rather put the money into a new vehicle. The truck is a little better. It's a 2003. About 6 years ago, I had a new engine put in it. I doubt either vehicle will be used for resale.

That's my update for the day. BTW, we got a little rain this evening.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I had a bugger bear of a day, but not as bad as last Sunday. I had to be at the hospital at 7am for my pre-op so I had to leave home at 5:45. I was then asked to work today, but because I was at the hospital, I couldn't get to work until after 10am. There were tons of packages and the regular carriers were too busy to help me and the other new person has a weekday job, so he couldn't work today. I got 'em done and finished at 5:30 (instead of 7:30 like Sunday). I did my regular route much more efficiently than I have been, but I had to deliver on the second route, too and I was going places that I didn't even know existed in my town.

In other news, I'm in the market for a new vehicle. I currently own a car and a pickup truck and neither are reliable. I did manage to get pre-qualified for a loan. Tomorrow I'm going to a local dealer to see a Ford F150 that I saw online. It's a 2016 and only has 89k miles. It's fairly bare bones without a ton of bells and whistles, but that makes it more affordable. My current car is a 1999 and needs some work. I'd rather put the money into a new vehicle. The truck is a little better. It's a 2003. About 6 years ago, I had a new engine put in it. I doubt either vehicle will be used for resale.

That's my update for the day. BTW, we got a little rain this evening.
    I don’t envy you delivering packages. Do most fit in mailboxes or do you have to walk a bunch to doors? I got four packages today but everything fit in the mailbox. In all fairness, two were supposed to be delivered yesterday. We didn’t get any delivered yesterday. It’s becoming a common occurrence where we only get mail maybe four days a week. I know they are short staffed and won’t complain about it. I know they are doing their best.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I don’t envy you delivering packages. Do most fit in mailboxes or do you have to walk a bunch to doors? I got four packages today but everything fit in the mailbox. In all fairness, two were supposed to be delivered yesterday. We didn’t get any delivered yesterday. It’s becoming a common occurrence where we only get mail maybe four days a week. I know they are short staffed and won’t complain about it. I know they are doing their best.

Except on Sunday, the regular carriers do the "chunks", mail that fits in the box. I have to deliver the larger packages to the front door. On Sundays, I have to deliver every Amazon Prime package and every one HAS to be delivered. There's no regular packages on Sunday, but since the vast majority of packages are Amazon, it doesn't make a significant decrease in the number. Despite it being hard work, I like the job. It gives me something to do and the people I work with are very nice. The extra income will go towards paying for the new vehicle.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Here's a pic of the truck.

1670471253000.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, mixers.

Rain. :) Hey, it's not snow!

I just don't want to come in to work one day and find out that my boss sold out and the new company is letting everyone go.

Yeah, that would not be good. Hope it doesn't come down to that. Or they might keep you on as the boss ;)

I got 'em done and finished at 5:30 (instead of 7:30 like Sunday). I did my regular route much more efficiently than I have been, but I had to deliver on the second route, too and I was going places that I didn't even know existed in my town.

Sounds like you've gotten the regular route down. I suspect the growing familiarity helps :)

1670509478329.png

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Morning Mixers, we got rid of our cable company (Cox) and Verizon for our phones and moved everything to T-Mobile. I also got Sling TV so we are streaming now, and we're still saving money over the constantly rising prices of Cox. The internet is not as fast as Cox but seems ok and the wife and grandkid got new I phones out of the deal.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Just checking in on my lunch break. Nothing exciting to report. I still have three reviews left to post and think there are more samples that were delivered today. I also got an email that I'm getting two packages tomorrow via UPS which I am all but positive are more review samples. I need to get busy and get these three finished up.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I test drove the truck today and I really like it. They are going to give me a lot more on my trade ins than I expected, $3000 instead of $2000, but they aren't going to come down on the price any. Apparently, there's been a lot of interest in that truck, which doesn't surprise me. It's got new brakes and tires, which are important for delivery work, and it just got serviced. I've already been pre-qualified through my credit card company, but I'm supposed to get a call tomorrow about if they can do better on interest rates.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,
    I've had some attys rebuilt today, a couple more to be done.

Tomorrow I will mix, here is one question.
    SSA Waffle with Butter
    WF Pancake.
    Where would you start when it's a single flavour?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,
    I've had some attys rebuilt today, a couple more to be done.

Tomorrow I will mix, here is one question.
    SSA Waffle with Butter
    WF Pancake.
    Where would you start when it's a single flavour?
    I usually do 2-3% on single flavor tests depending on the brand. I haven't tried either of those you listed.

Users who are viewing this thread