Random DIY mixing and More

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, mixers.

Looks to be a couple days of summer here, temps in the low 80s, dry.

I'd suggest you look through Zazie's blog to see what you'd like and use the identified flavors. Plus you can post right here and ask questions like is this a mtl or dl recipe, how long to steep, etc.

Yep, that, and whether SnV (Shake and vape) or needing a steep.!

1685023328306.png

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
Where do hornets live? Maybe they nest inside walls. I had bee problems a few years ago. The bug guy finally discovered they were getting in through a tiny hole under the eaves, they built a nest in the wall and got into the house through a drywall gap under a windowsill.
I read that european hornets can get in the attic or walls, that's what concerned me. I noticed these hornets in abundance the last few years along the treeline at the shore of the bay where I was working, don't know why. I'm only a couple blocks from there as the crow flies. Cicada killers live in the ground, i think and are almost identical looking, but more black stripes.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I figured as much since you’re behind in your work.
    I really shouldn't be on here now but had to take a break. I just finished putting parts in the machine that had the brand new transistor modules fail last week and I am having some serious anxiety over turning it on to test it. If it fails again then there is nothing else I or the service engineers at the manufacturer can think of that could be causing the failure.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I really shouldn't be on here now but had to take a break. I just finished putting parts in the machine that had the brand new transistor modules fail last week and I am having some serious anxiety over turning it on to test it. If it fails again then there is nothing else I or the service engineers at the manufacturer can think of that could be causing the failure.
    Hoping it doesn’t fail.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Hey the juices I made last night, I wanted to taste them again. The super tart sour flavor is gone now, and the flavors aren't as loud anymore. Wth?

Just let them steep. If 10ml testers, then give those a good 10 - 14 days steep time.

• Agree
    Reactions: DavidOck

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2022
    Just let them steep. If 10ml testers, then give those a good 10 - 14 days steep time.
    I tried the one I made last night that I thought was delicious and right now it tastes like a commercial juice I bought and didn't like. :( Where did the delicious flavor I tasted last night go? Will the flavors come back and taste like when I first made it?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Building a flavor order from BCF, was waiting for a Memorial Day sale, not happening.

Are you saying BCF has said there won't be a Memorial Day sale this year?

I just checked BCF's FB page, nothing is listed yet.

They list all their sales on their FB page. Last year BCF announced their Memorial Day 15% off sale on 29 May (Sunday) the day before MemDay and it ran through 31 May (Tuesday).

If they're having a sale this year, they may not announce it until this Sunday.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I tried the one I made last night that I thought was delicious and right now it tastes like a commercial juice I bought and didn't like. :( Where did the delicious flavor I tasted last night go? Will the flavors come back and taste like when I first made it?

Thus the importance of steeping. Flavors change as a mix becomes more miscible.

The best thing that you, as a brand new mixer, can do - - - IS - - - do a mix - - - then set it aside so it steeps for a good 10 - 14 days for 10ml mixes using fruits.

Expect to steep for 30 days with bakery type flavors, creams and custards.

Leave your mix alone - - - don't vape any - - - until it is well steeped. Then, and only then, vape and judge your mixes. Tweak them as needed ONLY after a good long steep!!!

All (ALL) mixes change over time as flavors/VG/PG/nic develop into a homogeneous mixture.

Users who are viewing this thread