Random DIY mixing and More

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I added some lemon to FranC’s cheesecake base yesterday. I couldn’t wait to try it so vaping Yes, I Lemon Cheesecake and am really liking it. @FranC thanks for sharing your cheesecake base. Very tasty and an easy recipe which is right up my alley.

Then I mixed another lemon juice called Afternoon Delight by BravesFan on ATF. The inspiration was Chick-Fil-A’s Frosted Lemonade which I have never tasted. After I mixed this I soon remembered that last year I mixed ID10-T Frosted Lemonade also based on Chick-A-Fil’s Frosted Lemonade. I decided to compare both recipes and they both use the same ingredients but at different percents. The one I mixed yesterday uses higher percents. I neglected to read the developer’s notes beforehand and later learned this recipe is made for use with a Pod. Regardless I still like it and it is probably the most tangy lemon juice I have had premixed or DIY. In both recipes I did not use the WS-23/Koolada nor the sweetener in BravesFan’s version. Afternoon Delight and
Frosted Lemonade

I am going to let the rest of Yes, I Lemon Cheesecake and Afternoon Delight continue to steep to see how it changes, if indeed it does.
I’m going to try to mix the Frosted Lemonade recipe using FE Lemon. I’m going to order the INW Lemon & Lemon Mix just waiting for Presidents Day sale.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Excellent idea. Will be interested in what you think using FE Lemon. INW Lemon and Lemon Mix to my taste are sour lemons so you would need to like sour/tart or add some sweetener as indicated in the original recipe. I saved some to try on Sunday as it will be a week since I mixed it to see how it tastes. If it is still good then the next time I mix I am going to try a little FA Polar Blast. I have used this before in one of HIC’s recipes and it did not have a taste for me — no menthol taste that I recall. It could have been the recipe but I have no idea. He has a recipe called Lime Coolers that I like on his website that also include Metaphor. This in combination with Polar Blast worked well for my taste. One of the first recipes I mixed ;)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Excellent idea. Will be interested in what you think using FE Lemon. INW Lemon and Lemon Mix to my taste are sour lemons so you would need to like sour/tart or add some sweetener as indicated in the original recipe. I saved some to try on Sunday as it will be a week since I mixed it to see how it tastes. If it is still good then the next time I mix I am going to try a little FA Polar Blast. I have used this before in one of HIC’s recipes and it did not have a taste for me — no menthol taste that I recall. It could have been the recipe but I have no idea. He has a recipe called Lime Coolers that I like on his website that also include Metaphor. This in combination with Polar Blast worked well for my taste. One of the first recipes I mixed ;)
Yes I remember Hic’s Lime Coolers. Can’t remember what it taste like though :D

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
All this talk about Tiramisu has been nervous. I am planning to mix a new recipe that uses this flavor. Mild coffee taste I am fine with however not so sure how I feel about bold. I do like eating a good Tiramisu though.
FA Tiramisu?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
All this talk about Tiramisu has been nervous. I am planning to mix a new recipe that uses this flavor. Mild coffee taste I am fine with however not so sure how I feel about bold. I do like eating a good Tiramisu though.
It’s not in your face coffee, a secondary flavor, but still present. I only steeped it two weeks so far, and it feels like it hasn’t settled in yet. It’s a simple recipe (Tiramisu ShkokS by Omar on ELR I thought would help me decide if I like it

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It’s not in your face coffee, a secondary flavor, but still present. I only steeped it two weeks so far, and it feels like it hasn’t settled in yet. It’s a simple recipe (Tiramisu ShkokS by Omar on ELR I thought would help me decide if I like it
    I find it amazing how the same flavor can taste so different to different folks. It's been a long time since I've been able to vape coffees but I remember Tiramisu as being a very strong flavor. I didn't care for it at all.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    My Lemon Notes, for what they are worth. I lost some notes when my HD crashed so a few of my tests are missing but I think most of the lemon flavors were backed up on the external HD that I can no longer access.

CAPELLA

• CAP Italian Lemon Sicily
      This is a nice enough lemon but a bit weak. It is sweetish, more a sweet, light hint of lemon than a true Italian Lemon Sicily flavor. Some say it is candy-like lemon. Maybe if a lot is used, it could be a lemon drop but lemon drops are tart and there is no tart here. This is definitely not a sub for FA Lemon Sicily. This could a nice accent for blueberry, fruits, and cakes – something where a touch of a lemon note is desired. Not all that citrusy. The sweetness does give it some mouthfeel but not as much as some.
    • CAP Lemon Juicy
      A little sweet, a little tart and a touch stronger in flavor than CAP Italian Lemon Sicily. This reminds me of a lemonade type flavor. It does have juiciness about it. I can see it added with some full lemon flavors and some lemons with a bit of zest for a well-rounded lemon flavor. It is lemon, but not a lemon juice. Rather thin on mouthfeel.
    FLAVOUR ART
    • Lemon Sicily
      Fuller citrus flavor, a bit of zest, lightly sweet and a bit tart with a lemon candy sweetness. This lemon is very versatile. It can accent bakery, give a sharper tang to lemonade or other citrus drinks. At a low percentage, it should give a touch of peel to a mix. A unique citrus tang, true to a Sicilian lemon. It tastes like a Limóncello liqueur without the alcohol. Not all that different from CAP Lemon Juicy but much stronger. Imparts a nice, tangy mouth feel.
    FLAVORS EXPRESS
    • Lemon
      FE Lemon is the most natural lemon I have tasted. This is a full natural lemon flavor that does not taste artificial. It is bright without being bitter. It is lightly sweet and lightly tart, like a real lemon. This is a 100% natural lemon flavor – the Queen of lemons. It is sweeter than biting into a freshly cut lemon, but the lemon flavor is absolutely natural. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Like INW Lemon, it does not fade. My favorite lemon, hands down. Use at 4% for lemonade. Not particularly thick, but there is some mouthfeel from the tangy flavor.

JUNGLE FLAVORS

• Juicy Lemon
      This is more concentrated than the CAP Lemon Juicy. It is fuller, sweet and tart and another lemonade flavor. It reminds me of CAP Lemon Juicy but is much more concentrated. It can, to my taste, be used like CAP Juicy Lemon but just use less. Word is that this is a rebranded lemon flavor from China. Lemon fruit but not a lemon juice. This one is thin on mouthfeel and might need some help from EM or Marshmallow.

INAWERA
    • Lemon Concentrate
      Stronger lemon than the others tried. It is bright and tart and moderately sweet. Not at all an astringent lemon, but the light sugariness is there. This could be a component of lemonade with Lemon Mix at a mix of 3% LC and 1% Lemon Mix. Half as strong as lemon mix. Use Lemon Concentrated at about 3% for a sharp lemon flavor. Tangy mouthfeel but still a bit thin. No noticable fading.
    • Lemon Mix
      Fresh, tart and slightly sweetened lemon juice with a hint of grapefruit in the background. Somewhat similar to FA Lemon Sicily but juicer and sweeter. Reminiscent of bottled lemon juice with a bit of sugar, not a freshly squeezed lemon juice. Try this in a grapefruit drink mix. Use Lemon Mix at about 1%. Tart zing in mouthfeel but not particularly full. No noticable fading.
    LORANN
    • Lemonade
      My favorite lemonade – need to compare to a lemonade base made with 3% Inawera Lemon and 1% Inawera Lemon Mix. LorAnn Lemonade isn’t strong – I use 6% in my Lemonade. This is a sugary, tart, and bright lemon flavor. Maybe not a freshly squeezed lemonade, but a very good lemonade nonetheless. This is a sweet, tart, bright lemonade! You get mouthfeel here – sweet and tangy.

ONE STOP DIY
    • Pink Lemonade
      Just a touch perfumy to my taste. Not as bright as LorAnn. Not as sugary either. It is nice but not my favorite.

VAPE TRAIN
    • Lemonade (Clear)
      Tested at 7%. Strong, sour lemon on the S&V. After 48 hours, it is a fairly sweet/tart lemonade flavor. After 7 days, the lemonade flavor is stronger. At 18 days, it is still bright and delicious. It is a bright tart, realistic lemonade with no fizz. Of the lemonades I have tried, this is my favorite. I would use it like LA Lemonade at the same percentages, though this lemonade flavor is brighter and tarter and just a more fresh lemonade tasting than LA. Use this as the primary lemonade flavor at 4%-7%. As a background 2%-4%, stand-alone 7%-10%. This the perfect lemonade for mixing with other fruit flavors to make a Pink Lemonade or another fruit lemonade as the lemon flavor will hold up. It does fade though not after two weeks. I don't know how long until the fade begins.

• Lemonade (Solo)
      Tested at 6%. This is stronger than the Clear but a bit perfumy on the S&V. Mostly a sweet flavor at this point. At 7 days, it is a sweet, soft lemonade flavor with less perfume on the exhale and the lemonade flavor is about equal to the Clear but sweeter, yet rather sharp and acidic. At 18 days, the flavor has faded a bit and lacks the bright lemon flavor of Clear. There is a very light perception of effervescence. This will probably be best used at 2% in a mix. There is better effervescence from other flavors, like Fizzy Sherbet or RF Soda Base, so I don't see that Lemonade Solo fills a void in flavors.

• Sour Lemon
      Tested at 3.5%. Tart and bright after 48 hours if a bit weak. At 7 days, the flavor is stronger but doesn't give the sour I expected from something called Sour Lemon. At 15 days, the sourness has increased. This is now a pleasant sour juicy lemon including a bit of lemon flesh. It is the tartest of the all the lemons I have tried. I LOVE THIS FLAVOR! It is great for adding some real tart lemon to a lemon or lemonade mix. 2 to 3% will do the trick. There is no noticeable fade at 19 days.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    My Lemon Notes, for what they are worth. I lost some notes when my HD crashed so a few of my tests are missing but I think most of the lemon flavors were backed up on the external HD that I can no longer access.

CAPELLA

• CAP Italian Lemon Sicily
      This is a nice enough lemon but a bit weak. It is sweetish, more a sweet, light hint of lemon than a true Italian Lemon Sicily flavor. Some say it is candy-like lemon. Maybe if a lot is used, it could be a lemon drop but lemon drops are tart and there is no tart here. This is definitely not a sub for FA Lemon Sicily. This could a nice accent for blueberry, fruits, and cakes – something where a touch of a lemon note is desired. Not all that citrusy. The sweetness does give it some mouthfeel but not as much as some.
    • CAP Lemon Juicy
      A little sweet, a little tart and a touch stronger in flavor than CAP Italian Lemon Sicily. This reminds me of a lemonade type flavor. It does have juiciness about it. I can see it added with some full lemon flavors and some lemons with a bit of zest for a well-rounded lemon flavor. It is lemon, but not a lemon juice. Rather thin on mouthfeel.
    FLAVOUR ART
    • Lemon Sicily
      Fuller citrus flavor, a bit of zest, lightly sweet and a bit tart with a lemon candy sweetness. This lemon is very versatile. It can accent bakery, give a sharper tang to lemonade or other citrus drinks. At a low percentage, it should give a touch of peel to a mix. A unique citrus tang, true to a Sicilian lemon. It tastes like a Limóncello liqueur without the alcohol. Not all that different from CAP Lemon Juicy but much stronger. Imparts a nice, tangy mouth feel.
    FLAVORS EXPRESS
    • Lemon
      FE Lemon is the most natural lemon I have tasted. This is a full natural lemon flavor that does not taste artificial. It is bright without being bitter. It is lightly sweet and lightly tart, like a real lemon. This is a 100% natural lemon flavor – the Queen of lemons. It is sweeter than biting into a freshly cut lemon, but the lemon flavor is absolutely natural. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Like INW Lemon, it does not fade. My favorite lemon, hands down. Use at 4% for lemonade. Not particularly thick, but there is some mouthfeel from the tangy flavor.

JUNGLE FLAVORS

• Juicy Lemon
      This is more concentrated than the CAP Lemon Juicy. It is fuller, sweet and tart and another lemonade flavor. It reminds me of CAP Lemon Juicy but is much more concentrated. It can, to my taste, be used like CAP Juicy Lemon but just use less. Word is that this is a rebranded lemon flavor from China. Lemon fruit but not a lemon juice. This one is thin on mouthfeel and might need some help from EM or Marshmallow.

INAWERA
    • Lemon Concentrate
      Stronger lemon than the others tried. It is bright and tart and moderately sweet. Not at all an astringent lemon, but the light sugariness is there. This could be a component of lemonade with Lemon Mix at a mix of 3% LC and 1% Lemon Mix. Half as strong as lemon mix. Use Lemon Concentrated at about 3% for a sharp lemon flavor. Tangy mouthfeel but still a bit thin. No noticable fading.
    • Lemon Mix
      Fresh, tart and slightly sweetened lemon juice with a hint of grapefruit in the background. Somewhat similar to FA Lemon Sicily but juicer and sweeter. Reminiscent of bottled lemon juice with a bit of sugar, not a freshly squeezed lemon juice. Try this in a grapefruit drink mix. Use Lemon Mix at about 1%. Tart zing in mouthfeel but not particularly full. No noticable fading.
    LORANN
    • Lemonade
      My favorite lemonade – need to compare to a lemonade base made with 3% Inawera Lemon and 1% Inawera Lemon Mix. LorAnn Lemonade isn’t strong – I use 6% in my Lemonade. This is a sugary, tart, and bright lemon flavor. Maybe not a freshly squeezed lemonade, but a very good lemonade nonetheless. This is a sweet, tart, bright lemonade! You get mouthfeel here – sweet and tangy.

ONE STOP DIY
    • Pink Lemonade
      Just a touch perfumy to my taste. Not as bright as LorAnn. Not as sugary either. It is nice but not my favorite.

VAPE TRAIN
    • Lemonade (Clear)
      Tested at 7%. Strong, sour lemon on the S&V. After 48 hours, it is a fairly sweet/tart lemonade flavor. After 7 days, the lemonade flavor is stronger. At 18 days, it is still bright and delicious. It is a bright tart, realistic lemonade with no fizz. Of the lemonades I have tried, this is my favorite. I would use it like LA Lemonade at the same percentages, though this lemonade flavor is brighter and tarter and just a more fresh lemonade tasting than LA. Use this as the primary lemonade flavor at 4%-7%. As a background 2%-4%, stand-alone 7%-10%. This the perfect lemonade for mixing with other fruit flavors to make a Pink Lemonade or another fruit lemonade as the lemon flavor will hold up. It does fade though not after two weeks. I don't know how long until the fade begins.

• Lemonade (Solo)
      Tested at 6%. This is stronger than the Clear but a bit perfumy on the S&V. Mostly a sweet flavor at this point. At 7 days, it is a sweet, soft lemonade flavor with less perfume on the exhale and the lemonade flavor is about equal to the Clear but sweeter, yet rather sharp and acidic. At 18 days, the flavor has faded a bit and lacks the bright lemon flavor of Clear. There is a very light perception of effervescence. This will probably be best used at 2% in a mix. There is better effervescence from other flavors, like Fizzy Sherbet or RF Soda Base, so I don't see that Lemonade Solo fills a void in flavors.

• Sour Lemon
      Tested at 3.5%. Tart and bright after 48 hours if a bit weak. At 7 days, the flavor is stronger but doesn't give the sour I expected from something called Sour Lemon. At 15 days, the sourness has increased. This is now a pleasant sour juicy lemon including a bit of lemon flesh. It is the tartest of the all the lemons I have tried. I LOVE THIS FLAVOR! It is great for adding some real tart lemon to a lemon or lemonade mix. 2 to 3% will do the trick. There is no noticeable fade at 19 days.
    Wow! Thank you! Very comprehensive!

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014

I found the recipe you used — thanks. 3% for FA can be high depending. The recipe that I plan to mix uses 1% plus has a number of different flavors in it. I cannot post it because it is a HIC’s recipe. Try a Google or VU search although it did come up on Google — HIC’s Five-Star Tiramont (creamy vanilla-coffee milkshake). I don’t know if this meets your flavor profile however be sure to read the notes as he gives some other suggestions. A fellow random DIYer told me about this recipe.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014
    @PJReid — thanks so much for posting this. Great, great overview on lemons that I have copied/pasted to save for future reference. I could be totally wrong on this so take it for what it is worth— I always thought that JF flavors were from Germany and somewhere along the way ECX started remixing these. I am under the impression that FE is from China. I may have this backwards.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I find it amazing how the same flavor can taste so different to different folks. It's been a long time since I've been able to vape coffees but I remember Tiramisu as being a very strong flavor. I didn't care for it at all.
    Agree. Recipe has it at 3%, but in going back to its flavor page, I see median is 1%. I may try and remix it at that, and maybe add some custard

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I found the recipe you used — thanks. 3% for FA can be high depending. The recipe that I plan to mix uses 1% plus has a number of different flavors in it. I cannot post it because it is a HIC’s recipe. Try a Google or VU search although it did come up on Google — HIC’s Five-Star Tiramont (creamy vanilla-coffee milkshake). I don’t know if this meets your flavor profile however be sure to read the notes as he gives some other suggestions. A fellow random DIYer told me about this recipe.
    I’ll go look it up. TY!!!:)
    Edit: got it! I would never have thought to just google the maker +recipe name!

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @PJReid — thanks so much for posting this. Great, great overview on lemons that I have copied/pasted to save for future reference. I could be totally wrong on this so take it for what it is worth— I always thought that JF flavors were from Germany and somewhere along the way ECX started remixing these. I am under the impression that FE is from China. I may have this backwards.

JF might be from Germany. You are probably right and I confused them with the FE and SC flavors. Thanks for pointing that out.

ECX has 20% off (CAP excluded) with code PRESIDENTIAL20. Good through Feb. 18.

I just took advantage of that 20% to get some VG and refill a few flavors where I was running low. Not enough for free shipping but the coupon paid for the shipping so I will take it.

Users who are viewing this thread