Random DIY mixing and More

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
OSDIY may be having a Valentine's Day sale, according to what Kim said this afternoon, when I called to ask a couple questions about their 2 newer Blends. She said if they have 1 it'll be shown on the home page of their website either late tonight or in the morning.

Last edited:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
OSDIY may be having a Valentine's Day sale, according to what Kim said this afternoon, when I called to ask a couple questions about their 2 newer Blends. She said if they have 1 it'll be shown on the home page of their website either late tonight or in the morning.
OSDIY has had me on the ropes the last couple weeks. Had an order in the cart, but when I went back to order it, TFA Juicy Peach had disappeared. Out of stock.

Set up an email notification, and a few days later they let me know they had it. Went back to order, and Ripe Strawberry had disappeared. Out of stock. So, I've been waiting about a week for it to be re-stocked.

So, I figured if BCF had a sale, I'd go with them. I do really like both companies, but I'm partial to OSDIY because I usually add one of their blends as a special treat for myself.

Not in a huge hurry. Just thought if I could find a sale, I'd jump on it.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I had to go look up Pandoro. Sounds like lemon pound cake? Could I sub FW or JF yellow cake, or CAP cake batter? I have yet to try any of them
I don't see any reason why not... both look like possible cake subs. :)

Subbing is almost always possible, as long as you remember, it is going to be different from the original. The difference may be as good as, better, or worse, than the original. if that is an acceptable risk in your eyes... then go for it!:thumbs:
Anyone know of a BCF code? Valentine's maybe?
If nothing better comes along; you can always use VU6. It is an ongoing discount code for 6% off.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have been adding my orders from BCF into elr for the past hour or so. Did get quite a few entered plus the size and cost of bottle. Since the wording for the flavor name is the same format that elr uses it is an easy add when using copy(from BCF orders in your acct) to pasting it in elr's 'add a new flavor'. I think I managed to do at least 96 flavors. whew. LOL

:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@MikeADore, and anyone else wanting to place a OSDIYS order:
Kim, just shared on her suppliers thread, that they are offering 14% off (February 14th only), by using the regular discount codes of either ECF or JFK. :thumbs:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
@MikeADore, and anyone else wanting to place a OSDIYS order:
Kim, just shared on her suppliers thread, that they are offering 14% off (February 14th only), by using the regular discount codes of either ECF or JFK. :thumbs:
I could have told you that. I just placed an order with Bull City 15 minutes ago...lol. I looked at OSDIY first and they had a sale banner, but when you clicked it there wasn't any sale info there.

Oh, well, the TFA Ripe Strawberry is still out of stock, and while I've been waiting, the 60ml bottles I wanted also disappeared out of my cart. Guess we just didn't get synced up this time.

Oh, and the vu6 worked at BCF. Thanks for the tip. I'll get back to OSDIY some time where our stars are more aligned.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I could have told you that. I just placed an order with Bull City 15 minutes ago...lol. I looked at OSDIY first and they had a sale banner, but when you clicked it there wasn't any sale info there.

Oh, well, the TFA Ripe Strawberry is still out of stock, and while I've been waiting, the 60ml bottles I wanted also disappeared out of my cart. Guess we just didn't get synced up this time.

Oh, and the vu6 worked at BCF. Thanks for the tip. I'll get back to OSDIY some time where our stars are more aligned.
Just for a future FYI; if you run into out-of-stock issues again, shoot them an email (sales@onestopdiyshop.com) and let them know what and how much you are looking for.

They sometimes "ration out" their "available" inventory. Evidently they have some e-liquid manufacturers that like to wipe out their entire inventory of certain flavors. So, they will "back room" some inventory, to try and save some for us little DIY shoppers.

Tell them what all you are wanting to buy. And, they may be able to give you a more precise idea, as to when they can fill it. They might be able to fill it immediately. Or, if not, they may be willing to hold in-stock items, while waiting on replenishment. They are extremely accommodating. :D

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I have been adding my orders from BCF into elr for the past hour or so. Did get quite a few entered plus the size and cost of bottle. Since the wording for the flavor name is the same format that elr uses it is an easy add when using copy(from BCF orders in your acct) to pasting it in elr's 'add a new flavor'. I think I managed to do at least 96 flavors. whew. LOL

Awesome start! :thumbs:

I would suggest you to take some time, and be selective, as you choose your ingredients. A lot of the ingredients on ELR have multiple entries for the same ingredient. Here is one simple example (INW Am4a; chosen, because I know no other flavor manufacturer uses the same flavor name):
upload_2019-2-14_1-4-17.png

Notice that this one ingredient has 5 different entries! This is not a rare occurrence. Sometimes there can be pages of possibilities.

You can certainly set up your stash as you like. But, when I set up mine, I wanted the most commonly used entry. In the example above, that would be the second one, that is used in 1,794 recipes. My logic being; that the most commonly used one will have the greatest possibility of containing useful information. Such as: flavor notes, percentages, and other recipes containing the same ingredient. <--- This last one is a biggie if you are looking for recipe ideas. Choose one of the last three above, and search results would return only 2 recipes max. And, that is only if both have been marked for public display.

Just something to think about, as you build your stash and recipe files, to get the most out of your efforts. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I used my new scale again last night. I mixed up some more of Fran's cheesy rhubarb bar recipe. I could kick myself for not ordering one sooner. I cleaned out all but a couple of the syringes out of my vape cabinet and boxed them up. Like many other things vape related, I went a little overboard buying syringes. I've still got a bunch that aren't opened.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Awesome start! :thumbs:

I would suggest you to take some time, and be selective, as you choose your ingredients. A lot of the ingredients on ELR have multiple entries for the same ingredient. Here is one simple example (INW Am4a; chosen, because I know no other flavor manufacturer uses the same flavor name):
    View attachment 798089
    Notice that this one ingredient has 5 different entries! This is not a rare occurrence. Sometimes there can be pages of possibilities.

You can certainly set up your stash as you like. But, when I set up mine, I wanted the most commonly used entry. In the example above, that would be the second one, that is used in 1,794 recipes. My logic being; that the most commonly used one will have the greatest possibility of containing useful information. Such as: flavor notes, percentages, and other recipes containing the same ingredient. <--- This last one is a biggie if you are looking for recipe ideas. Choose one of the last three above, and search results would return only 2 recipes max. And, that is only if both have been marked for public display.

Just something to think about, as you build your stash and recipe files, to get the most out of your efforts. :)
    Well that bites. LOL
    When I hit 'my flavor stash' I did have some in there already and it lists them in this format--
    Flavor name is first then it list flavor maker that is abbreviated and in (). ie..(CAP) or (TFA) (FA). I may have been entering them too quickly as I was not offered any alternatives to 'pick' from. I don't have any plans to go back and re-enter them and if I remember when I reorder them then I might. Thanks for the post explaining all of the ins and outs of elr input and possible use but I doubt I will ever use it---except for the recipes that I input(but never say never lol).

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Well that bites. LOL
    When I hit 'my flavor stash' I did have some in there already and it lists them in this format--
    Flavor name is first then it list flavor maker that is abbreviated and in (). ie..(CAP) or (TFA) (FA). I may have been entering them too quickly as I was not offered any alternatives to 'pick' from. I don't have any plans to go back and re-enter them and if I remember when I reorder them then I might. Thanks for the post explaining all of the ins and outs of elr input and possible use but I doubt I will ever use it---except for the recipes that I input(but never say never lol).

When I’m putting mine in I put the name then the first letter of the brand to cut down on searching for the main entry. EX: Marshmallow (T
    The available options for TFA/TPA should be the first ones then

Users who are viewing this thread