Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So many threads get off topic so fast. It figured it would be hard to get a random topic thread off topic:lol:

Soooo,I have a couple questions to start.

Anyone mixing with plum flavor? I have INW Plum in my cart at BCF but I'm wondering about uses. Maybe a Bourbon/plum or Brandy? Maybe a cheesecake or custard? Anything not too sweet. Any ideas?

Also has anyone tried Capellas Silverline Biscuit or Blueberry Extra? Interested in flavor descriptions.

Also a description of Acai berry?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I just got FA plum and RF(SC) sugar plum in. Haven't tested them yet. I'm wanting to get some WF sesame candy to mix with it and maybe a wine to mix with it. Needed the plum for a Mr. Miyagi clone.
    I'm happy with INW biscuit and NR strawberry biscuit and haven't wanted to try any others honestly.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    So many threads get off topic so fast. It figured it would be hard to get a random topic thread off topic:lol:

Soooo,I have a couple questions to start.

Anyone mixing with plum flavor? I have INW Plum in my cart at BCF but I'm wondering about uses. Maybe a Bourbon/plum or Brandy? Maybe a cheesecake or custard? Anything not too sweet. Any ideas?

Also has anyone tried Capellas Silverline Biscuit or Blueberry Extra? Interested in flavor descriptions.

I have TFA Plum. I use it at 2% with Purilum Sweet Tobacco. It is grsat in that but I tried itas a stand alone and it was kind of meh. Wasn't bad, just wasn't great. I heard someone complain that it was chalky but I didn't think it was. Everybody's taste is different though.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I'd be interested in a plum/wine mix. Minus the candy of course.

When I get the plum I'll try the mix with the Pur Sweet Tobacco. I'm not into solo fruit mixes anyway.
    It goes good with the PST. I like the TFA Plum for that one personally. I find the PST sweet enough on it's own without too much added sweetness from other things. I am back on solo Pur for a bit. I also have some Gold Ducat steeping I'll give it a try in 2 more weeks. Plum/ wine would be good. Or even plum with Black and Mild Wine.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    @Skunk! Fran started a diy rabbit hole thread!
    images(149).jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got this recipe from,Pam. @PJReid Going to mix this in next mixing session,minus the sweet of course.

Too Cool
    10% Menthol Solution (Optional) 1%
    TFA Blackberry 2%
    TFA Blueberry Wild 4%
    TFA EM/Cotton Candy .75%
    TFA Raspberry Sweet 3%
    VTA Russian Vodka 1%
    WS-23 .75% (optional)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    @ceeceeisme What kind of mixes go with the FLV Milk and Honey?

A quick check of my recipe file says it plays nicely with chocolate, nuts, cakes, cookies and custard. It's also indispensable in my Milkshake base which I mix up and then add a fruit of my choice to. Looks like I've tried it with INW Strawberry Shisha, FA Bilberry, FE Mango (all winners).

Vanilla Milkshake Base
    INW Biscuit 1.50%
    FLV Milk & Honey 1.50%
    TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4.00%
    INW Shisha Vanilla 1.50%

From my notes: This recipe is credited to Ella Robinson (on ELR "Ella's Vanilla Milkshake" by VHM).

I've changed some of the amounts but this makes a very fine creamy milkshake base for just about any fruit. By itself it's a very good vanilla milkshake and that's great if you like plain vanilla but I bore of it quickly.
    Age minimum of 2 weeks but 3 weeks is better. I let it steep then add whatever fruit strikes my mood. After 8 weeks I find it's a bit rich so when I mix it up I try to just make enough to last me 6 weeks.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Grasshopper
    Another super simple PST recipe.
    6%Purilum ST
    1.5% Flavorah Creme de Menthe
    0.5% FA Fresh Cream
    The Flavorah Creme de Menthe is a combination of Chocolate,Coffee, and Mint I have a lot of PST that has steeped for 1 month and I added the other flavors and steeped for a week. Came out really good. I did the fresh cream to tone down the mint a bit. If you like it more minty you can leave it out.

I want to try that milkshake with the CDM. I have a nice custard but I bet the milkshake would be better.

Last edited:

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

This is really, really good. Tart and refreshing. I am enjoying it now.
    I got this recipe from,Pam. @PJReid Going to mix this in next mixing session,minus the sweet of course.

Too Cool
    10% Menthol Solution (Optional) 1%
    TFA Blackberry 2%
    TFA Blueberry Wild 4%
    TFA EM/Cotton Candy .75%
    TFA Raspberry Sweet 3%
    VTA Russian Vodka 1%
    WS-23 .75% (optional)

The EM does give this some body and texture, but leave it out if you must. :)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

I don't know anything about CAP's Blueberry Extra. TFA's Blueberry Extra is part of the holy trinity of blueberries that many feel makes the perfect blueberry flavor to include in most any blueberry recipe.

Blueberry Trinity
    FW Blueberry 2%
    TFA Blueberry Extra 3%
    FA Bilberry .5%

Mix it up as a stone and keep it in your flavor box for use whenever you need the perfect blueberry.

CAP Acai Berry notes from ConcreteRiver:
    "Slightly mysterious mystery berry candy flavor.

Tastes like a red candy flavor with some tarter blackberry or cranberry accents. That candy red flavor kind of dominates the body of the flavor, at least at higher percentages. Feels very much in the FA blackcurrant family of red candy flavors. Could very well be some super candied raspberry type flavor, but I can’t untaste swedish fish now. The top notes of the flavor are a bit more lively with some tartness and just a bare hint of astringency. Reminds me a lot of TPA Cranberry up top, a bit brighter and thinner. Doesn’t seem floral so much as just a bit bitter and medicinal. Definitely not full on cough syrup, but more along the lines of something like CAP Harvest Berry. I think I’m also getting a slightly darker berry somewhere in the mix, right between that sweet red candy body and tart cranberry top notes. Seems somewhere on the boysenberry-blackberry axis.

As far as realistic acai, I don’t think this really hits the profile? My experience with actual acai is just in weird juice blends, so I’m definitely not an expert. While it has some of the tartness of the applications of acai I’ve tasted, it doesn’t seem to have the dark cocoa edge of actual acai berries. The only other acai concentrate I’ve actually tried is FLV, and that definitely has a cocoa component to it.

Overall mouthfeel is moderately dense. That candied red flavor is fairly full and sweet, and sort of has a gummy candy vibe to it. Doesn’t seem particularly juicy, and those astringent and medicinal top notes seem to be drying this out a bit for me. Sweetness level is fairly high, although those more tart top notes kind of temper that a bit and keep it from going fully cloying."

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Sorry to be on topic:
    They go good in chocolate.

Mandarin (FA) 4%
    Orange Cream (TFA) 2%
    Plum (TFA) 2%
    Chocolate Cream (IW) 2%

The TFA Plum will be directly exchanged for IW Smoked Plum next time. The IW Chocolate Cream looks like a real coil killer in the bottle with chunks of chocolate floating around and it is but the IW flavors are so potent it's not that bad at only 2%, but it is a coil killer. It's also good, the winner in my recent chocolate trials.

The first try at the above was just TFA Plum, Orange Cream (TFA) and Double Chocolate (TFA) and it was close to a chocolate covered cherry.
    I think they might work like using raspberry to boost the berry in strawberry but for cherries.

I have TFA Plum, IW Plum (not sure I've used that yet so I am OT) and IW Smoked Plum.
    Japanese Plums are the only fruit I eat as fresh fruit. I don't think any of these will be making me happy as a stand alone flavor. I didn't really expect it, plums are so complex changing from skin to pit plus there's the Japanese vs European option.
    Eww, European plum flavoring would be like prune juice. Where's the over 55 thread?

Users who are viewing this thread