Random DIY mixing and More

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I have a lot of taste blind spots, but apparently nutty isn’t one of them. Don’t panic if yours tastes totally different than what I picked up. I didn’t get chocolate or coffee out of it. I saw other reviews that said caramel, butterscotch or custard too. I’ll test it at two weeks, then at a month to see if it changes.
I have a huge aversion to AP, unless it is a very small amount. I think Nut Mix has it too so I might be in trouble

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Oy, just got back from getting my 2nd Pfizer shot. I think my nurse added some funky messenger RNA to my shot cuz by the time I got home I had a second thumb. o_O
View attachment 939961
Before I got my shot my nurse wanted to know my temperature that they took at the hospital entrance. I told her it's 97.4. She calls over two of the other nurses, tells them my temp, shakes her head and says "we can't give him his 2nd shot, he's below the minimum required temp". :facepalm: She likes messing with me all the time.
When we meet maybe rather than shaking hands we can do a fist bump. Or maybe just wave from a distance. No, skip the wave, don't want to see that hand.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
lol the only accidental mixing I've done with flavors was I had a dripper I was using banana in and grabbed it by mistake to add coffee in it

surprisingly it was pretty good....I still say a hint of banana in coffee flavors is good.
I've never had a banana coffee, but I did once bought some banana tobacco from Real tobacco Extracts, and it was very nice

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Yep. I have it downloaded to Kindle (but converted to a pdf), also transferred to VU and ATF. ELR makes it so easy to add. I really don’t want the additional upkeep of a spreadsheet. One master list is enough.
I wouldn't bother with one except that it's where I keep track of all the numbers assigned to my flavors.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
After steeping in the tank, I’ve decided that my lemon cookie is over flavored.

I mixed a couple two flavor mixes last night using the ssa ice cream base. I used ssa blueberry in one and ssa raspberry syrup in the other.
Let me know how the Raspberry Syrup one turns out. I was planning on adding that into an ice cream mix once I finally get the SSAs in the mail.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Wonder where the licorice taste comes from?
I have no clue, guessing the eggnog maybe...though i've used it before and I don't remember a licorice taste to it....unless it's the oakwood

it's toned down some now, hopefully after a few days that goes away....kinda enjoying this

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
The thing about the spreadsheets is that if you begin saving recipes on spreadsheets when you first begin mixing then it's very little work. Just a bit of typing versus a bit of writing by hand. Not much difference in my book.
On the other hand if all your stuff is on paper, and you've accumulated a bunch of paper...
Then forget about it. You're doomed.
I may be triple doomed then :cry:. Now y’all understand my reluctance to change my methods…
image.jpg

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I wouldn't bother with one except that it's where I keep track of all the numbers assigned to my flavors.
I think partly my aversion to doing it is I spent years keeping the lab inventory that way. Both on a computer spreadsheet, and an old school card file system where every use or disposal had to be initialed and dated. Which was ridiculous, since 99% of those were me.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
:lol: I mean hey if that works for you
I prefer to use my diy juice calculator
though I do take my ingredients list from it and save it to a spreadsheet so I can then break it apart into categories so I quit ordering things that I already have but just named differently from different vendors
because I really don't need 2 different passion fruits, or 2 different grapefruits, or 2 different papayas, or 3 different mangos, or 4 different guavas :lol: one of each would suffice as they aren't particularly flavors that I care for :pervy:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I just use ELR for recipes.
Me too. It “remembers” stuff I don’t. I make the initial at 10 ml, and put the date mixed in the notes. If I make it again, I edit it to 30ml.

I try and go back and note why I didn’t like one, but leave it in the file. Keeps me from making the same mistake again with a “new” recipe. Also, some have been salvageable with flavors from different brands that came out later.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Yesterday my Kroma-Z wouldn't charge again so I did the same routine as the day before (taking bottom off, pull battery/board down and clean everything, let it sit) and now it works again. Have kept using the Sceptre, it's handy although it doesn't have the bigger battery or tank size like the Kroma-Z does. We went out for a few hours yesterday and I took the Sceptre and it worked great.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    There are quite a few flavorings whose ingredients still include acetyl propionyl and acetoin. But, it's been awhile since I've come across 1 that still includes diacetyl (even in a very tiny amount) and is still sold in the US. So this surprised me:

Undiluted concentrated flavoring by Capella.

This is concentrated flavoring and must be diluted before use!

Contains 8ppm Diacetyl.

It's for Capella Cup a Joe. Was thinking about adding a 10mL bottle to my BCF Cart for a friend.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    My wife is the queen of basement dumping. She’ll clean or put away stuff for holiday decorating and just fill a box and dump it in the basement. I still can’t find my sanding block she used for a project a year ago. I tried looking in the basement but couldn’t find it.

In Australia, a basement is a part of a house in America that contains ghosts, killers, concealed ancestors, diabolical dolls and chainsaws.

We know this is true because we watch Hollywood movies.

Most houses in Australia don’t have basements. We had sheds out the back.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I got my first ever BCF order! Wow they are good. I ordered on Sunday Sydney time and the order has already arrived. Remember I live in Sydney Australia so this is amazing shipping time.

It is clear that FedEx and USPS have no issues shipping concentrates. And yet one of my friends who tried to return a defective 8 bay battery charger had it sent it back by one of the carriers because it is considered to be vape gear!

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Yesterday my Kroma-Z wouldn't charge again so I did the same routine as the day before (taking bottom off, pull battery/board down and clean everything, let it sit) and now it works again. Have kept using the Sceptre, it's handy although it doesn't have the bigger battery or tank size like the Kroma-Z does. We went out for a few hours yesterday and I took the Sceptre and it worked great.
    Have you tried using a different charger? Innokin products seem sensitive to chargers. For example, my Zbiip's won't work half the time if I use a charger from another brand/kit.

Users who are viewing this thread