rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Prolly will not be on much tomorrow. Eye doc is 70 miles away & I have to drive myself. If he dilates it will be several hours before I can drive home.
    Take your time and please be careful.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    :lol: my nails would break that thing :lol:
    I have really thick strong nails that grow quickly (it's the only good gene in my body, hair and nails...everything else is down the toilet)...ug it's nice for my fingers but not so much for my toes :facepalm:
    Take the toenail clippers off and hook up a pair of heavy duty wire cutters. I'm thinking those would cut nearly any human toenails. :D

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I think I killed my pepper plants :shock: They looked so good this year (better starts from the nursery), sturdy stems, healthy and I didn't let them dry out like last year. There were so many weeds I could never hand pull them all so I had an idea... cover them with plastic bags (from the produce section at the grocery store) Made sure they were totally sealed at the bottom and spayed Roundup. No, the roundup never got on them (that part worked) but it was mid-afternoon with full sun. 20 minutes later... pulled the plastic bags off and all the top leaves were toast. This morning they look like they got hit with a blow torch! Put up a piece of plywood to shade them all day. Just removed it and they look worse. The bottom 2/3 of the plants are fine but the small leaves (and new "buds forming") are fried. "The best laid plans of mice and men... " It was 93 deg F yesterday.
    Good news is mom's tomatoes look good this year.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    This toenail conversation is so ironic! I stumbled upon a YouTuber called the toe bro. He’s a podiatrist who deals with elderly and all sorts of problematic toes in Canada. Not for the faint of heart. I told my Mom she should make an appt for a podiatrist to cut her toenails and she did. I take her in a couple of weeks. She has a bad back so I asked her if she wanted me to cut them and she said no so I mentioned podiatrists will do it.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I think I killed my pepper plants :shock: They looked so good this year (better starts from the nursery), sturdy stems, healthy and I didn't let them dry out like last year. There were so many weeds I could never hand pull them all so I had an idea... cover them with plastic bags (from the produce section at the grocery store) Made sure they were totally sealed at the bottom and spayed Roundup. No, the roundup never got on them (that part worked) but it was mid-afternoon with full sun. 20 minutes later... pulled the plastic bags off and all the top leaves were toast. This morning they look like they got hit with a blow torch! Put up a piece of plywood to shade them all day. Just removed it and they look worse. The bottom 2/3 of the plants are fine but the small leaves (and new "buds forming") are fried. "The best laid plans of mice and men... " It was 93 deg F yesterday.
    Roundup will spread in the soil. I’ll spray a tiny line around my fence and A/C unit and it spreads.

Butch

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    433 miles north. of the Alamo

OK, gonna be nosey neighbor here. Prolly a good thing if your pepper plants don't make it. That Roundup is systemic which means the plant will pick it up & deposit it in the leaves , stem, & fruit. It is a known carcinogen and will remain in the soil for several years. You really should not be using it around anything you are going to eat. You can bind it up with activated charcoal so that you can use veggies grown there next year.

Ok Environmental whacko rant over ...........:blink:

Users who are viewing this thread