markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Natural weed killer works well.

Cover the plants you want (e.g., peppers), then spritz the weeds with plain vinegar. That'll knock the sprayed plants back for some time without damaging the soil (and taking out your pepper plants).

A more permanent solution, that will impact the soil it contacts, is about 30oz of vinegar, 4 oz of table salt, and a tablespoon of any common liquid dish detergent. I use this for poison ivy, spray the plants that had infested posts/fence around our garden, and just outside the fence where I could see the poison ivy coming out of the ground.

For a pretty heavy infestation, you may want to do two rounds of the vinegar/salt/soap, a few weeks apart. That'll take care of any residuals.

The vinegar messes up the growing plant. The salt truly wipes it out, with the dish soap helping break through the glossy film on the PI leaves so there's good contact to them.

Soil where I spray the solution, direct contact with it, is sterilized. Not forever, but it really throws the balance off for some time.

Remember ancient stories about armies salting the earth so nothing would grow? That's real [emoji3]

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
BCF has the Flavorah Blackberry in stock now... just got the email and bought mine, y'all have fun!
I'm really striking out mixing fruits (except for Melons). But, the blackberry has been talked about a lot so I should give it a shot. Is the favorite the FLV or the Caps?

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
ok so...if I wanted to get some storage cases for my flavorings :lol: what would be some good ones....something that I could like stack up in the corner of a closet?
with these new flavorings coming in, I'm really not going to have anywhere to put them and most of them are 2oz bottles...thinking I'll put ones that I won't hardly use into the cases and leave the ones I use more often in the displays. I'd like to get another display but I really at the moment do not have a place to put it...I have a glass shelving unit that I eventually plan on clearing off to put them on it but I have no where at the moment to put the stuff from the shelves anywhere else :lol: ug I hate this apartment, it's just entirely too small for 3 people

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
She did not.
I'm not a big enthusiast about the medical profession nor about its bureaucracy. I'm in good health so really haven't felt the need to see an MD. The last time was around 5yrs ago, just to establish a relationship when I moved into town. Did the blood tests and all .as well, just as it was a couple of years before that in my old town.
So, a few months ago I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the bloodwork done and called his office. They said gee whiz you haven't been here in 5yrs, so we consider you a new patient and the next new patient office slot isn't for 4 months.
So, I waited the 4 months went in to see him and .....ed about that. He was surprised but not apologetic. Set up the hospital appointment for the blood work, did that and he wrote back saying all is well.
But, if I hadn't re-established myself with his practice and felt ill, then what? ER.
Pains in the .....

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
ok so...if I wanted to get some storage cases for my flavorings :lol: what would be some good ones....something that I could like stack up in the corner of a closet?
with these new flavorings coming in, I'm really not going to have anywhere to put them and most of them are 2oz bottles...thinking I'll put ones that I won't hardly use into the cases and leave the ones I use more often in the displays. I'd like to get another display but I really at the moment do not have a place to put it...I have a glass shelving unit that I eventually plan on clearing off to put them on it but I have no where at the moment to put the stuff from the shelves anywhere else :lol: ug I hate this apartment, it's just entirely too small for 3 people
Well I was about to recommend the one I just got, but then I saw you said 2oz bottles. I'm not sure how tall those are, but I doubt they fit into what I have.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
ug I have 2 packages from china that have been sitting up in Chicago for a week, so hopefully I get them sometime next week...if they follow suit, usually sits up in chicago for a week, goes past my house down to kentucky for a few days then finally backtracks its way back up to me
another package that is lost somewhere, there's no tracking on it and I never did get a notice that it had been shipped so not sure what's up with that...need to go check my mailbox sometime soon then shoot them an email...that one was coming from the uk so it shouldn't have taken this long
I've had the same experience, though not in Chicago but in NYC before moving onto to MA.
But, I won't complain, since my friends in China are very willing to do business with me.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm really striking out mixing fruits (except for Melons). But, the blackberry has been talked about a lot so I should give it a shot. Is the favorite the FLV or the Caps?

With the FLV I now have every blackberry - I think - made by every company that makes it.

This blackberry by FLV is a new product so I've never tried it. I like the medicine flower blackberry just by itself, it's that good. But i have a couple more complex hand pie, cobbler and pie recipes that I plan on swapping fruits along with a couple other small changes to make the blackberry work thereby making blackberry cobbler and blackberry handpies..

For that I plan on using the Medicine Flower, FLV, and maybe try the Capella all together and see how they play with one another, i.e. complement one another, rounding one another out for a fuller flavor experience.

I've been doing similar with peach (MF, FLV and INW) and it's just plain awesome, so I'm going to play with the blackberry in similar fashion and see if I can't create perfection... lol

But I can't say anything about FLV yet since its new, and I'm figuring on a few months before I can say much..

Last edited:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
I use stackable plastic storage tubs for miscellaneous things.. They're probably 6 quart size.
I saw something like that on Walmart's site the other day. Looks like they could be useful.
Verify your identity

Edit: Ok, not sure why the link says "verify your identity". It just goes to the Walmart product page. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread