Random DIY mixing and More

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I hope everyone in the eastern US got gas today. I fear the price is going to jump come tomorrow because of the sabotage of the pipeline from Texas that flows through NC and eastward. At any rate---its been shut down and they are working on getting it fixed.

This is just an fyi sorry no diy included.....

:)

that's the one plus side of being stuck in isolation....I've only filled my gas tank twice since march of last year :lol:

Well folks, I have washed out my new Galaxies RDTA and it is now drying. Right now I have the Vandy vape Pulse 2 bottles soaking in hot water with Dawn soap. BTW, thanks for the tip on that @Opinionated. If all goes according to plan, I should have my first squonking experience tomorrow.
are you going to be using the rdta on the squonk mod? That's a bit redundant but I guess a good way to not over squonk since the juice will be going into the tank

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    That's great Hitt. Did you know you can shave years off of your mortage by just paying a $100.00 extra every month(or whatever amount). You can't pay interest on what you do not owe and legally they cannot charge it either.

Just another fyi.

Yes, I do know and consistently pay extra every month. After we get the youngest through college then I’m going to start paying a lot extra each month.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    are you going to be using the rdta on the squonk mod? That's a bit redundant but I guess a good way to not over squonk since the juice will be going into the tank
    Well the official name of it is "Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA". I'm not sure I would say it's redundant. I bought it specifically to use with the Pulse. I also have the Galaxies RDA on the way from FT, so looking forward to trying that one out too.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well folks, I have washed out my new Galaxies RDTA and it is now drying. Right now I have the Vandy Vape Pulse 2 bottles soaking in hot water with Dawn soap. BTW, thanks for the tip on that @Opinionated. If all goes according to plan, I should have my first squonking experience tomorrow.

I hope you like it. I couldn’t remember which one I had and looked. It’s called the pulse x special edition. I just use it for testing rdas for reviews.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    yeah got my guar-21's in...only opened one of them, the other 2 are getting stored for later
    man this thing is light!
    not really sure about the "waterproof"ness of it....water resistant sure maybe but waterproof? there's no cover on the charging port and the battery door I could see water getting in to it though the inner workings are closed in their own part so water wouldn't reach the board or anything just the batteries and contacts.
    really liking the buttons, nice and clicky...
    yeah I think this is going to work out real well

now to see about batteries...I threw my samsung 30t's into them but I don't know just seemed weak...typically I vape my profiles at 20 - 25w, but on the guar with the 30t I cranked it up to 30w and it still wasn't very warm, usually 30w and I'm hacking up my lungs....so threw my sony vtc6s in it with the battery adapters and yeah 30w was too much....
    so not sure why....guessing it's because the 30t is 35a whereas the vtc6 is 15a (whatever that means)
    then again my 30t's have been sitting for a while, even though it showed fully charged.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Well the official name of it is "Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA". I'm not sure I would say it's redundant. I bought it specifically to use with the Pulse. I also have the Galaxies RDA on the way from FT, so looking forward to trying that one out too.

Same setup up I got this week, I don't want the trouble of squonking all the time with a RDA, using the Galaxies RDTA on the squonk, I can fill the tank and squonk bottle before going to work and will last me all day and no need to be carrying a bottle with me.

Think you will enjoy it @Redbird11 :)

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    sorry I meant redundant as the rdta has a tank to it (though a small one) so you'll be squonking to fill the tank and then the tank will supply the juice to the wick
    don't get me wrong the galaxies rdta is a good one but rdtas are kind of a combination of an rda and rta
    it has a little tank on the bottom and then cut outs where the wick goes down into the tank and pulls the juice up to the rda part...so it's really the best of both....but adding a tank to the top of a squonker :D like the 80ies shoulder pad build up :D
    either way I'm sure you're going to enjoy it

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Same setup up I got this week, I don't want the trouble of squonking all the time with a RDA, using the Galaxies RDTA on the squonk, I can fill the tank and squonk bottle before going to work and will last me all day and no need to be carrying a bottle with me.

Think you will enjoy it @Redbird11 :)
    I am glad you are liking it. I am very much looking forward to trying it out.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    sorry I meant redundant as the rdta has a tank to it (though a small one) so you'll be squonking to fill the tank and then the tank will supply the juice to the wick
    don't get me wrong the galaxies rdta is a good one but rdtas are kind of a combination of an rda and rta
    it has a little tank on the bottom and then cut outs where the wick goes down into the tank and pulls the juice up to the rda part...so it's really the best of both....but adding a tank to the top of a squonker :D like the 80ies shoulder pad build up :D
    either way I'm sure you're going to enjoy it
    I think I will too. I've heard nothing but good things about the Galaxies. I just wish they weren't discontinued because all they really sell now is the rainbow colored ones. I'll keep on the lookout for some other colors, but I won't get my hopes up.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    She laid them.
    182453217_815976845694177_1703684494863801724_n.jpg

Bottom one on the right, never chalked so it's not viable. The other 3 did, so they should hatch in about 50 to 55 days.
    Here's some pics to show her... These are some of what I hatched last year.
    182041203_824994068089230_1812117102256304713_n.jpg

181996852_129996625784623_6365541028156984485_n.jpg

182550528_2610759669221125_1651952331858278714_n.jpg

That’s beautiful! I showed my niece. She loves the photos.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    I think I will too. I've heard nothing but good things about the Galaxies. I just wish they weren't discontinued because all they really sell now is the rainbow colored ones. I'll keep on the lookout for some other colors, but I won't get my hopes up.
    if I can find it among all my other stuff.... I have a black one, we could swop, though it is used so keep that in mind. But if you'd like it I'll dig around for it and the box and stuff.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

Before I hunted in my box of tanks and found I already had a black one, I was searching sites for it, and all I found was the rainbow ones, glad I found the black one I already had :facepalm:

You know you got a lot of tanks, when you nearly buy one you already got :laugh:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    if I can find it among all my other stuff.... I have a black one, we could swop, though it is used so keep that in mind. But if you'd like it I'll dig around for it and the box and stuff.
    Well let's see first how I like using the Galaxies. I don't mind having the rainbow, but I know I am going to probably want a second one and would prefer to have a different color. I guess I could always order another rainbow version and then trade you. But let's hold off any plans until I actually using the squonker in the next day or so.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Before I hunted in my box of tanks and found I already had a black one, I was searching sites for it, and all I found was the rainbow ones, glad I found the black one I already had :facepalm:

You know you got a lot of tanks, when you nearly buy one you already got :laugh:
    Yep, but I have had the same thing happen sort of. I was doing some reorganizing and saw a couple of RTAs I don't even remember buying.

BTW, you were never able to actually find any color besides rainbow were you?

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    Well let's see first how I like using the Galaxies. I don't mind having the rainbow, but I know I am going to probably want a second one and would prefer to have a different color. I guess I could always order another rainbow version and then trade you. But let's hold off any plans until I actually using the squonker in the next day or so.
    no worries, I'm sure you're going to like it....my offer stands if you decide, I don't use it often but it's a nice little atty to have

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    Nevermind - You already know what to do . . . :facepalm:
    hehehehe I did keep 3 bags and can close my freezer door properly now :p

you did give me an idea though...forgot I have a package of broccoli cheddar soup mix I could fix up and add some of the broccoli to it because it's really more just a cheese soup with little bitty flakes of broccoli in it

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    no worries, I'm sure you're going to like it....my offer stands if you decide, I don't use it often but it's a nice little atty to have
    Appreciated. I was thinking that if I end up buying another Pulse 2, I could get the Rainbow Resin to match up better with the Galaxies I have.
    vandy_vape_pulse_ii_-_rainbow_resin.jpg

Then a solid color, like the black, would go best with the Pulse I have, which is the Obsidian Black model.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    hehehehe I did keep 3 bags and can close my freezer door properly now :p

you did give me an idea though...forgot I have a package of broccoli cheddar soup mix I could fix up and add some of the broccoli to it because it's really more just a cheese soup with little bitty flakes of broccoli in it
    I'm not a big soup person, but broccoli cheddar is one of my favorites. Good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread