Raptor Flip-Top VV Mod with 20A, 120W dc/dc converter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Figlar

Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
you'd have to look at the data sheet and what the minimum input voltage is

Ok yeah the data sheet for the chip is 4.5 min and let's say the vtc 4 the data sheet says the minimum discharge is 2.5 vs but the batteries are wired in series so would that be 5volts or higher because the lead battery discharges faster or am I thinking way to far

Greg Figlar

Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
IMG_1105.jpg IMG_1106.jpg IMG_1107.jpg
here are my fet and fuses

markbarnaby

Apr 18, 2014
Qatar
Use batteries with a higher amp rating, lower the output voltage, use a higher resistance coil, connect the sense pins. One of these is sure to work.
Batteries, check; lower output voltage, same drop; higher res coil, same drop;
Connecting the sense pins, not tried it yet but i guess ill have to give it a go..thanks! Moreover, is the voltage under load the real voltage you are getting to your atty?

Last edited:

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Batteries, check; lower output voltage, same drop; higher res coil, same drop;
Connecting the sense pins, not tried it yet but i guess ill have to give it a go..thanks! Moreover, is the voltage under load the real voltage you are getting to your atty?

Yeah the voltage out under load Is what your atty is actually getting.
With my vtc5s and the sense pins hooked to 510 i had a .04v drop.

I had a pair of noname 10a ICR, i didn't have the sense pins hooked up. The battery sag was ridiculous, i didnt measure it that time but you could tell a huge difference, compared to the same atty/coil with my vtc5s in the mod.
Still need to re attach my sense pins...

sig-153231.jpg

markbarnaby

Apr 18, 2014
Qatar
maybe 0.2 tops 0.3 but I use silver solder
Thanks! I've connected the sense pins, a bit of improvement on a .6ohm build but on a .3ohm build my loaded Vout is 5.5v - no difference :( Oh well not that I would vape that high all the time anyway. I was just not expecting it. Maybe my voltmeter is off? I'm using this one for now. Still waiting for the actual voltmeter in the mail. IMG_20141016_233210.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread