RAVEN PHOENIX Is Here, Up For Sale Now, The Hottest Carto/Tank To Hit The Scene ..Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
Has anyone tried to separate the 510 connection from the tube? It looks like its pressure fitted on and im wondering if i could wiggle it while on a battery to see whats going on inside. I will try this once my first one dies. I've had mine for almost 2 days and not going to attempt quite yet.

Also, i was surprised to see that mine has probably 9 wraps of wire around the wick, they must use very thin wire.

Bob92985

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Indiana
I'm not sure. But I am starting to get frustrated with mine... 1st tank with the 1st carto it came with was working great so i ordered 2 more tanks and more cartos. I've since replaced the orginal carto from my 1st tank and now not a one of them works right. They are either leaking or not wicking. I do dry puffs, I dripped the 2-3 drops down the center on the 1st fill when it gurgled I blew through the air hole to clear it but it blew ALL of the liquid out of the tank. I've been vaping long enough and have had other carto tanks to know this isnt user error. 1 carto out of 4 is working acceptably.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
my first carto is working pretty good, few times it has given me quite the gurgle and every now and then i have to do dry pulls (70pg) for it to wick properly. sounds like its just a matter of time before mine will start giving me grief but as of now i am enjoying the vape. these dont hit quite as hard as a boge 2.0 but its still a fairly nice vape.

Bob92985

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Indiana
my first carto is working pretty good, few times it has given me quite the gurgle and every now and then i have to do dry pulls (70pg) for it to wick properly. sounds like its just a matter of time before mine will start giving me grief but as of now i am enjoying the vape. these dont hit quite as hard as a boge 2.0 but its still a fairly nice vape.

I really hope I just got a bunch of bad cartos (not likely but hey lets be optimistic). My 1st tank/carto worked so good i bought the 2 others and more cartos as previously stated. But Not a single one has been able to give me the experience than that 1st one did. Since the time of me posting my complaint I've gone back to using my EVODs and ViVi Nova. EVOD replacements are also only $1.50 so I count that as a plus.

Bob92985

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Indiana
I don't recall seeing a video on their website showing how to reset the Raven... I do think there is one here in the forum though but I didn't search for it.

If you go to the website and you click on the image of the clear tank to see the product info there is a video closer to the bottom of the page showcasing the tank. In the video he does say that if it gets juice in the air tube to just blow it out.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
If you go to the website and you click on the image of the clear tank to see the product info there is a video closer to the bottom of the page showcasing the tank. In the video he does say that if it gets juice in the air tube to just blow it out.

????? I've just checked the site....the page with the clear tank has no videos....the pages for the colored tanks do have two videos...neither of which say anything about how to reset the carto ?????? Are you sure you were watching a video for the raven?

Bob92985

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Indiana
It is critical not to get any juice down the tube when filling, it will cause much frustration.
I find the GV funnel works great for me. Been using the same carto now for 1 week, been dry burned 3 times and its still working great.

Eh, thats just it though. I dont drip down the tube. Except for a new carto like that video I linked recommends.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Ok I got mixed up where I saw the video. It wasnt on the website, it was in an email from gotvapes advertising the new raven tank.

PHOENIX RAVEN Has Arrived!! 3.5ml Bottom Coiled 510 Tank ,similar to kanger evod - YouTube

Please re-watch the video ;) He says to blow it out through "the battery connection end"......not the top. Sorry you seem to be having issues with them....I love them. :) I don't prime the coil.....just fill my tank...let sit a couple of minutes and vape.

Bob92985

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Indiana
Please re-watch the video ;) He says to blow it out through "the battery connection end"......not the top. Sorry you seem to be having issues with them....I love them. :) I don't prime the coil.....just fill my tank...let sit a couple of minutes and vape.

Thanx for the tip. I'll try doing that. I really liked the 1st carto that i got with my tank but i just havent had any luck making the others work. thx for the help

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
sorry I mean so it comes out the bottom

Oh dear....confusion going on here.....if you must blow out juice because of flooding......blow from the bottom end...the part that connects to the battery ;) you don't want to blow from the top and cause juice to come out of the bottom.

Bob92985

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Indiana
Oh dear....confusion going on here.....if you must blow out juice because of flooding......blow from the bottom end...the part that connects to the battery ;) you don't want to blow from the top and cause juice to come out of the bottom.

Yeah if you blow from the top you will just end up emptying your tank and wasting juice. To make it very simple. Blow from the threaded end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread