Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Oh yeah dude, serious.:) I've used nothing better in rba tanks.

I did boil my batch from the bottles but didn't seem to make much difference. I'm sure that's even cleaner that what i got from bottles. boiling doesn't hurt at all. No worries of compacting just try to keep the fibers straight and in line. Don't break it all up.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Has anyone bought from this source? How much approximately is 2 ounces? As in enough for 1 wick, a million, somewhere in between?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

A lot really. 6 months to a year depending on your use.

No I haven't, I'm sure it's good but I'm putting an order in today.. Before the gold rush.. :)

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I ordered from amazon this morning, I figured it was well worth a try. I know what you are thinking, 1/2 pound!! But if it works as well as advertised here......

Amazon.com: Louet Ramie Top (1/2 lb bag)

Hey you ordered ramie not rayon..:/

Ramie is totally different bud, dice has a just ramie thread .

I have the ramie and don't find it to be anywhere near as good yet.

Rayon - traditional

Tencel - is lyocell , a new rayon produced with out environmental impact - or the stuff that doesn't matter that the rayon fear mongers talk about.

I have only yet used standard rayon, its fine... the chemicals they use to manufacture it are not in the end product. tencel is made with a new total safe chemical process.

FYI even degummed hemp is processed with acids. So tencel has potential to be even safer than degummed hemp.!

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I pulled the trigger today as well.

Looking froward to trying this stuff !

Cool kjr, since you can get a 1oz sample for 5.00 you got nothing to lose.. And everything to gain. 1oz is enough for 3+ months easily.

I look forward to hearing how you guys get down with it. Helping and answering questions.

But really don't expect you guys to have any trouble.. It's the easiest thing I've used.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I began with rayon, yes that is the same I have used for months.. but in research have found tencel/ lyocell to be an even better option. It is rayon, just made with a new process. I just have an order in on tencel right now so I'll see. It's essentially the same, but different manufacturing process. And based on that I would try the tencel. I'll be able to report on it fully next week when I work with it. I hope it's exactly the same as traditional rayon, if anything possibly slightly even better.

I began with rayon, yes that is the same I have used for months.. but in research have found tencel/ lyocell to be an even better option. It is rayon, just made with a new process. I just have an order in on tencel right now so I'll see. It's essentially the same, but different manufacturing process. And based on that I would try the tencel. I'll be able to report on it fully next week when I work with it. I hope it's exactly the same as traditional rayon, if anything possibly slightly even better.

I ordered both, i think i got in before the backorder

ffwd4490

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
Florida
Hey you ordered ramie not rayon..:/

Ramie is totally different bud, dice has a just ramie thread .

I have the ramie and don't find it to be anywhere near as good yet.

Rayon - traditional

Tencel - is lyocell , a new rayon produced with out environmental impact - or the stuff that doesn't matter that the rayon fear mongers talk about.

I have only yet used standard rayon, its fine... the chemicals they use to manufacture it are not in the end product. tencel is made with a new total safe chemical process.

FYI even degummed hemp is processed with acids. So tencel has potential to be even safer than degummed hemp.!

Well I derped on that one, but I guess no harm done as I will still try it and see how well it performs as opposed to cotton. As it stands right now cotton is good but requires maintenance on a level thats a bit of a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread