Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
That's only one more page of comments here. Is there a new thread yet? We should load up the next 20 posts with important links to the new thread, Jeremy's blog, etc.
He's asked to stop posting at 14995, cuz he has some things lined up for the last 5 pages to tie in to the new one.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Even with the airflow shut all the way the Zephyrus is still a bit too loose for my liking for MTL. I didn't buy it for MTL, it's awesome for lung hitting.

The height is at the top end on the Zephyrus, anything taller is too tall for my liking. If the Goliath II had been out I would have went with it. Will the single coil plug fit the Zephyrus? I don't understand why UD hasn't releases one for it.

I may just grab a Goblin Mini clone to test if I like it, those airflow holes on the bottom is a huge turnoff though. If it leaks it's going directly in the top of the mod.

I'm looking hard at the Bellus. These manufacturers need to understand there are plenty of us who vape MTL and full on high power lung hitting.

I'm happy with the kayfun and will continue to use it likely even when when I find something that fits my needs better.

I would try the FlashE but man that thing is a monster.

Met with @Landman today at a local vape shop. Tried his rayon wicked Aromamizer tank on a dna200. Holy:censored:that was awesome!

He was kind enough to show me his rayon wicking technique on my STmini. Sure enough, the crappy flavor I was getting in all my previous rayon attempts was due to not thinning the tails.

Just so you all know, he's not near as creepy as his avatar.:lol:Gawd I hate mimes and clowns, they scare the crap outta me:shock:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
FWIW I overcame the thickness with VG by using DW. I generally use about 10% DW with my mixes and love the way it thins out the juice. IMO it wicks sooooo much better in tanks. I used to shoot for a 40/60 PG/VG, but it seemed too harsh. My latest recipe is below and it is superb without the excess harshness that I got from the extra PG.

Code:
Blueberry Cheesecake v2

5% Blueberry (CAP) 
10% New York Cheesecake (CAP) 
2.5% Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 
2.5% Whipped Cream (TPA)
10% DW
The rest is VG

Kingboomer

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Commerce City, CO
FWIW I overcame the thickness with VG by using DW. I generally use about 10% DW with my mixes and love the way it thins out the juice. IMO it wicks sooooo much better in tanks. I used to shoot for a 40/60 PG/VG, but it seemed too harsh. My latest recipe is below and it is superb without the excess harshness that I got from the extra PG.

Code:
Blueberry Cheesecake v2

5% Blueberry (CAP)
10% New York Cheesecake (CAP)
2.5% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)
2.5% Whipped Cream (TPA)
10% DW
The rest is VG

Interested in this method. Do you get your nic in VG base as well?

-Kingboomer

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
MMMMmmmm... fresh coils and wick in my Derringer on a Praxis mech mod. Slightly altered my Peaches-N-Cream recipe to include a bit of chai spice... and I just gotta say that I LOVE watching rayon pull juice into the coil! I wrapped dual coils, 0.22 ohms (don't worry, I'm using VTC4s! ;) ) 2.9mm I.D., spaced with 24g NiChrome80, trimmed the tails and tucked 'em under. Then squeezed a bit of juice at each end of the 'fluffs' and you can literally watch the rayon pull the juice into the coil. Drip a bit more until everything is nice and wet, put the cap back on and...... ahhhh... bliss has been achieved! I'm really diggin' this new spiced peaches and cream, and the glory that is rayon allows me to taste every little nuance...

Y'all mighta got me to pick up a VW/TC mod, and it's great, but I'm still lovin' my mechs! :D

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
When I start the new thread there will be multiple posts reserved for additional info and much will be added during the two days editing is allowed. After that I can have a moderator add more. I'm extending the amount of time I have without moderator imtervention by delaying a few days.

I still see more I can add so continuing to work on it till I feel it's good enough. You can view the progress in my blog. The introduction is pretty much done I believe. So it can be posted. Working on more details in a second blog. And probably need to reorganize some info into separate specific posts.. This all takes some time..

You guys need to post your own build photos and stuff too once we get going. Only post if you know the density was correct in the photo.. One can only put so many photos per post and I only have 3 atties anyway.

Also long as we get most information out in the beginning pages it will be easy to find.

I also plan on time spacing a number of the last link posts a week or more apart so people get the updates in the top of their watched thread list.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I just recently saw that tiny aromizer deck. Not much room.. The Tails will need to be paper thin similar to this.. But smaller and more extreme trimming.

But even thinner on the tail. You will cut 80-90% of the density out before bending down to the deck.. You want it paper thin going down. You want the main Full wick nearly touching chamber walls. Cut the full Wick curved to the shape of the deck.

You'll be surprised how a few strands of Rayon on the deck can supply an entire coil.

Just bare with me a bit, I'll see if I can go live tonight with new thread.

Here's a link to my blog.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/jeremyr.113723/

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I'm looking hard at the Bellus. These manufacturers need to understand there are plenty of us who vape MTL and full on high power lung hitting.

The Bellus is awesome, I got mine yesterday and I'm loving it with either 30 or 32 gauge kanthal, 10 wraps around 2mm dual coil, comes out to about 0.67 ohms.
Great flavor, gotta build the coils up higher, mine are up to the top of the posts and it's doing well.

It does leak when I topfill but I haven't gone in and fattened up the wicks yet for fear of over-wicking.
I will say it is nice if you don't get the MTL hits with the airflow, you can use enough cotton to block off the airflow some from the inside and probably get a nice MTL hit

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
The Bellus is awesome, I got mine yesterday and I'm loving it with either 30 or 32 gauge kanthal, 10 wraps around 2mm dual coil, comes out to about 0.67 ohms.
Great flavor, gotta build the coils up higher, mine are up to the top of the posts and it's doing well.

It does leak when I topfill but I haven't gone in and fattened up the wicks yet for fear of over-wicking.
I will say it is nice if you don't get the MTL hits with the airflow, you can use enough cotton to block off the airflow some from the inside and probably get a nice MTL hit

I was thinking about getting one but I hate top fill with no juice flow control.

Hey, all you atty makers out there -- here's a free tip: make it bottom fill like a billow V2 or make it top fill with a usable juice juice control ring. Is that really so darned hard to do lol. Make the deck two post, four hole velocity style. I will buy it. :thumb:

Last edited:

CbrVapeRR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2014
Utah, USA
Reactions: JeremyR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread