RBA's for VMods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have screwed an extender on, and used (kinda):facepalm: an Odysseus in drip mode. Meh.. :?:
Almost everything else required the tower to be removed and left the shell far from secure. :grr:
I have a vision-aurora-infinity thing headed in, so I'll try the heads and mouthpiece in my 2.0. :sneaky:

It has been a great learning experience and I'm now looking to join "THEM" as the next and final step in BFing. :blush:
Have my eyes on a black grand wrinkle beauty...:wub:

Good luck
I

texasguy4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Wylie, TX
I was hoping to save a couple bucks....NOT
Just ordered REO #3 - orange with white door (Hook'em Horns)

I have screwed an extender on, and used (kinda):facepalm: an Odysseus in drip mode. Meh.. :?:
Almost everything else required the tower to be removed and left the shell far from secure. :grr:
I have a vision-aurora-infinity thing headed in, so I'll try the heads and mouthpiece in my 2.0. :sneaky:

It has been a great learning experience and I'm now looking to join "THEM" as the next and final step in BFing. :blush:
Have my eyes on a black grand wrinkle beauty...:wub:

Good luck
I

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Ok just bought a XL and a 2.0. How anyone could mentionthese in the same sentence as an REO is beyond me.
Before I throw these things in the trash, which, if any,rda will work on the Vmod without having to modify the shell?

You can sell your Vmods since you're verified. I sold mine in the classifieds and bought my second REO.

Some people like them a lot or are looking to try a lower cost bottom feeder, they just weren't working out for me.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
When I got my first bottom feeder, I searched and searched the forum. After hearing all the good things about the Vmod, I almost did it.
Then I started reading about the REO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And here they are. With Reomizers on top.

Attachments

• Reo's.jpg
    Reo's.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 84

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ok just bought a XL and a 2.0. How anyone could mentionthese in the same sentence as an REO is beyond me.
Before I throw these things in the trash, which, if any,rda will work on the Vmod without having to modify the shell?

You don't have to modify the shell of the XL. I did it with a IGO-L and someone else used a Squid. Both needed modification to allow juice in. More info in this thread.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
So let me ask this since it sounds like we've got some folks who've used both devices and prefer the Reo. What makes it a better mod? I've heard about the atty and can see some advantages to that, but what about the mod itself? Why would it be worthwhile to spend twice as much on it as the Vmod??

Oh boy. Did you ever open a can of worms! Prepare for an avalanche of REOnaut effusiveness. I think basically it's because some people don't like the plastic chassis on the Vmod, many think "tipping" is too much effort, and just about all the REOnauts carry on about how the REO is "indestructible" and can be rebuilt if needed. All valid points. I just haven't been able to justify the cost at this point.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Oh...and anyway...I happen to LIKE the Vmod. Particularly the XL. It suits me and I find it a pleasure to vape!

I have another box mod that is very like the REO only it's wood (Bogger..but I shudder at the possibility of an attack by the 'nauts) and it's very lovely, and works perfectly, and I like it a lot. I just like the form factor in my hand of the Vmod a bit better. I also like the rhythm when vaping it. It's comforting to me.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
So let me ask this since it sounds like we've got some folks who've used both devices and prefer the Reo. What makes it a better mod? I've heard about the atty and can see some advantages to that, but what about the mod itself? Why would it be worthwhile to spend twice as much on it as the Vmod??

degnr8, it's SO individually preferential. I've had and used both, and definitely prefer the VMOD. For whatever reason, the feeling and aesthetics of the Reo didn't suit me at all. It always felt heavy and cold... sort of the difference between an extremely modern home vs. one with the warmth of antiques (if that makes sense).

But just remember, the answer to all of life's questions...

Just get a

;)

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
There's somewhat of a detente between most Provari and REO owners, and a few who own both. Both owner groups are extremely passionate about their mods, but REO owners are more laid back about it. We'll share the joy and the advantages with you, but don't see REOs as the answer for everyone--only those who want the best in vaping, dripping, one-handed all day long. Reonauts know you don't choose a REO, a REO chooses you (as with cats), and we realize not all are chosen. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread