RBA's on Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Just wanted to start a thread on rba's on our provari's. I would like to hear what type of set-ups we like & are currently using, or experimenting with.

From my experience, I've found I like 29guage kanthal above any thing else. I use a 4-5 wrap & get around 1.3-1.5ohm. The 29g responds instantly around 4.0-4.2V. I didn't really care much for the 28g on the provari. Seemed a little slow to respond. I had to prehit the button.

So what to you all like?

I really wish provape would give us a provari that would allow .8ohm's & crank the wattage limitation up. Then I wouldn't have to lean on a mechanical for that.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've had a really good experience using mesh rbas on my provaris. I try to get my coils down to at least 1.2 and the vape is great. I can't imagine it being any better if I got a mech and went down to .08.. I may or may not have a mech on the way but if I do get it, I still plan on oxidizing before installing instead of trying to do it by pulsing. I love the protection the provari provides.

I'm using 30g kanthal. When I said I may or may not have a mech coming..I ordered something but have since requested the order be cancelled. If its too late then I'll try it out. If not, I think I may just stick with my provaris. I've spent so much already.

Edit..too late! Just after posting I got the "order shipped" email. :D

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have 2 AGA T2's. I may be an odd ball in the rebuildable world, because I actually prefer using a 2.0 ohm coil on my Provari over a sub-1.0 ohm coil on my Silver Bullet. But perhaps this is because I prefer adjusting my voltage to my flavors and prefer a cooler vape. Not being able to adjust my voltage (like on a mechanical mod) would make me feel like I'm in the stone age of vaping. Lower ohm coils are just too harsh a vapor for me and I believe that it adversely affects the flavor.

I'm using 30g wire. I've been using pre-rolled, lightly oxidized stainless steel 400 mesh from Vapor Kings.

Baditude.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for all of the information, everyone. How is the portability with a RBA? Any issues with the unit leaking juice through the wick port.
I have carried my AGA T2 out-and-about with the fill screw in and didn't experience any leaking. However, I've somehow managed to lose the fill screw in both of my AGA's so yes, they will leak without the fill screw. They are now reserved for home use only now.

There is a noticable difference in wicking speed with and without the fill screw in place. A slightly stiffer draw with it in. I did increase the size of the air hole slightly in both of the AGA's caps for a better draw.

PBusardo increased the size of the wick holes in his AGA's, but the pre-rolled wicks I am using are perfect for the default-size hole.

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
I am a big fan of the did. It has a screw on cap so the top cap coming off is one less thing to worry about. I just got home from a road trip to DC and carried my provari with the did in my purse for 2 days. It was slid down in my purse upright but I didn't worry too much about it. No leaking whatsoever and the fill screw was out.

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
My ac9 will leak also, if I let it fall over. I still think it's worth it.

I use to love my carto/tanks but since the hole bogegate thing I got really frustrated. Now that I've used rba's I don't really think I can go back. The flavor is so much cleaner. I had to lower my nic level right away.

I have a V2 prov and can't really get it working good below 1.2ohms.

I will say if you haven't tried a rba, give it a shot. They are really satisfying & kind of fun once you learn your way around. Not to mention saving time & money in the long run. I can get 100ft A1 kanthal for $8 & a 12" X 12" sheet of 500 mesh for $20. That will last for a really long time. If you get 400 or 325 its a lot cheaper as well.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
In addition to my AGA-T2 I really enjoy using my IGO-L on my Provari. I'm using 32g Kanthal on a hybrid SS #500 / 2mm silica wick. With a 5/6 wrap it's at 2.2ohms. Given my beginner experience, I find it easier to set up than my AGA-T2 and the flavor is spectacular. It can leak ever so slightly from the air hole and I would not consider it pocket friendly. It's a pretty simple and inexpensive RBA. It looks real nice on my chrome Provari.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
When I first tried a genny.. and finally got it set up right, I thought the draw was way too airy and it was too quiet but I loved the pure flavor. Now when I try a carto, it's like sucking a golf ball... and they're so noisy! This DID, coiled at 1.3 vaping at 3.7 is absolutely perfect. With a 50/50 mix, I'm getting huge clouds of vapor :)

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Let's see... Cobra, AGA-Ts, AGA-T2s, Chobras (and occasionally a Chid). I have a DID on the way too...

All (except the Chids) are set up w/ #500 mesh & 30ga Kanthal-A1 wrapped at ~1.6Ω (5/6). I'll set the DID up the same way since it seems to be working for me. :)

The Chids are all set up w/ #400 mesh & 32ga Kanthal-A1 wrapped at ~2.0Ω (5/6). I use them mostly on my Twists.

I keep the fill screws in all of them. No wicking issues & no leaks. :D

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have 2 AGA T2's. I may be an odd ball in the rebuildable world, because I actually prefer using a 2.0 ohm coil on my Provari over a sub-1.0 ohm coil on my Silver Bullet. But perhaps this is because I prefer adjusting my voltage to my flavors and prefer a cooler vape. Not being able to adjust my voltage (like on a mechanical mod) would make me feel like I'm in the stone age of vaping. Lower ohm coils are just too harsh a vapor for me and I believe that it adversely affects the flavor.

I'm using 30g wire. I've been using pre-rolled, lightly oxidized stainless steel 400 mesh from Vapor Kings.

View attachment 194514

I have a 2.0Ω coil on my Reo, and would do the same on a Provari because LR is just not my thing. My next purchase will be the AGA-t2. For the price, I think that it is at least trying out.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread