Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
My EA will be here in a day or two and I've been preparing a coil for it. I've got the clone down to .8 and it's actually firing on the provari at 2.9. That's 3.6amps and over the 3.5 limit. I've not gone down past 1.0 on the provari. I think I'll take it off and set it aside and not use it on the provari anymore. I don't know why I haven't got a E2 but I don't want to push it. I don't feel comfortable using that low of a resistance on this.

I just can't imagine getting any better of a vape with slr on a mech than I can 1.1 on the provari.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Well, I received my AGA T2, this afternoon. I managed to make a 5 wrap coil, using 30g Kanthal and 400 SS mesh. It comes in at 1.4 ohms. Currently, I am running my provari at 3.4 volts. Had 1 hotspot at the lower coil, which was quickly remedied with a couple of adjustments.

During the first attempt, I wrapped the coil with wick inside the AGA T2. Didn't like the way it came out. So, I decided to take wick out and re-wrapped it. That was the trick for me. It was much easier wrapping the wick outside of the AGA T2.

I have been enjoying it for the past 2 hours. It doesn't get any better than this.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their information. The said surely saved me a lot of time and a headache.

Happy vaping and have a great weekend.

Andy

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
So I've been hearing for months how great the sub 1 ohm vape on a mech was so wonderful. OK.. I've been playing with my EA for the last couple days, I coiled a .8 coil with the requisite 28g kanthal. And used it on my new EA. To tell the truth, I'm enjoying 1.2ohms with 30g at 3.8v on the Provari more. 30g seems to be perfect for the Provari. I've still got a lot of fun experimenting to do. I really like my EA mod and plan on keeping it but FOR ME, I don't need a mech to get an awesome vape with a rba.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So I've been hearing for months how great the sub 1 ohm vape on a mech was so wonderful. OK.. I've been playing with my EA for the last couple days, I coiled a .8 coil with the requisite 28g kanthal. And used it on my new EA. To tell the truth, I'm enjoying 1.2ohms with 30g at 3.8v on the Provari more. 30g seems to be perfect for the Provari. t FOR ME, I don't need a mech to get an awesome vape with a rba.

I hear ya. It may all boil down to if you prefer a cooler or warmer vape. I prefer the cooler vape, and that's what I get with a 2.0 ohm coil on the Provari.

Same goes for low resistance, standard resistance, and high resistance juice carrier devices like cartomizers. Some go for the warmer vape of low resistance. Not me, too harsh.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I have been recently using an AGAT2 on my provari. 1.2 ohm twisted 32 coil on a 400 straw wick. Running it at 4 volts generally and really enjoying the vape. But today I got this beauty which may never leave the provari , hmm I might need a second one for other attys and tanks :p

005C24AC-0FD8-471D-AC14-FD808153781D-871-000001413A346A16.jpg

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
I plan on getting a rsst exclusivly for Boba's. What mesh would you recomend to start with? I see so many conflicting answers... This will be my first RBA

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

most people seem to like 400 or 500. I've been using 400 and it wicks pretty well. Whenever I need more, I"m going to try the 500. Steammonkey has good prices on mesh. and wire. I'd use 30g if you're going to be using a provari.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
I have been recently using an AGAT2 on my provari. 1.2 ohm twisted 32 coil on a 400 straw wick. Running it at 4 volts generally and really enjoying the vape. But today I got this beauty which may never leave the provari , hmm I might need a second one for other attys and tanks :p

005C24AC-0FD8-471D-AC14-FD808153781D-871-000001413A346A16.jpg

It looks great! what is it? links please :D

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
It's an eBaron Dripper Pro by Leo. I also have one of his Bullet drip tips on there , I got both here. It's an RDA made to specifically look great on the Provari and I will say it does indeed look awesome.

http://www.greekvapes.eu/THE_DRIPPER_PRO/p1666110_7784833.aspx

I think I remember hearing he was planning on making 1000 of them and mine is 934 so if you want one I'd buy it soon maybe ?

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Today, I made another assembly using #500 with a 5/6 wrap w/30g Kanthal. It measured in at 1.8 ohms. This is such a blast. I so enjoy tinkering with the AGA. I find it to be quite calming. I have another AGA T2 arriving. The problem was, while I was using my provari mini to do this, I was vaping with my ego batteries. They worked just fine, but it wasn't the same.

If I decide to continue on with RBAs, I may opt for another prothingy thing.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I have the AGA-T2 and I just ordered the RSST has anyone had great success with my new addition on a ProVari?

Absolutely loving my 2 AGA T2s. The only slight issue I have, is that they are both very thirsty. I guess thats the price for a great vape. Took one out with me, yesterday.

Have had a 2 thumbs up experience with my 2 IGO-Ls. These are great when I'm simply sitting around and want to sample different juices.

Have a Smok RSST arriving, today.

Thus far, I have had an excellent time with these devices. Having said that, for my long drive back to Vegas, I will be using cartotanks.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I have an AGA T2, Mini DiD, ZAP. DiD Mini Clone...

I've tried them all from .5 ohms to 2.0 ohms while they taste ok the flavor never comes close to my 306 Cisco low resistance dripping atomizer. The good flavor of an RBA comes from replacing the silica wick for stainless steel. My bridgeless atomizer already does that and it brings out the flavor alot more, also isn't as harsh on my battery.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I have an AGA T2, Mini DiD, ZAP. DiD Mini Clone...

I've tried them all from .5 ohms to 2.0 ohms while they taste ok the flavor never comes close to my 306 Cisco low resistance dripping atomizer. The good flavor of an RBA comes from replacing the silica wick for stainless steel. My bridgeless atomizer already does that and it brings out the flavor alot more, also isn't as harsh on my battery.

Probably not as finicky either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread