Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I've used mesh rba's on my provari's but never really got the performance that I do with a mech. I've gone to using silica and cotton in my genesis rbas when using them on the provari's. I recently did a microcoil with cotton in an rsst.. it meters out to 1.5Ω and it throws out tons of vapor.

I also have a kayfun lite and a gp spheroid that I use on the provari's.

As much as I love a .8Ω coil with mesh in a mech (and keep one set up and use it daily here at home) I prefer silica or cotton, higher resistance and the safety and regulated voltage of the provari.

I've heard it predicted that with the popularity of mesh rbas and mechs, that the provari would start to lose favor. I don't see that happening. People (me for one) are getting tired of messing with mesh and having to keep the devices in certain positions. Micro coils at higher resistances are comparable to the subohm setups that have been popular and they're easy to build, safer and can be used on the provari. they still have to be kept pretty much upright but they aren't as positional.

edit... just wanted to add... after trying both silica and cotton, I much more prefer cotton. The only problem with it is you have to roll the strip of cotton really tight to get it down through the coil into the tank and with a did or a rsst, there's nothing to grab onto to pull it through. It's not really all that hard but it's not the easiest thing I've even done either. For those of you with a zap, you can take the glass tank off without disturbing the coil and it would be super easy to thread the cotton through the coil and pull it through then put the tank back on. Makes me wish I hadn't traded my zap :glare:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread