Recipes for no nic VG formulas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No burn baby

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
I would like to make myself some zero nicotine VG formulations, I guess that may be the way to go to ensure the ultimate purity and simplicity. Could you guys kindly advise me? Do I literally go to the pharmacy, buy a bottle of VG and mix it with flavouring at around 10%? And that is it?

I guess I want to be looking at the LorAnn candy flavours as recommended by Kate. I would like to avoid vanillin however, due to the possible health risks, and was wondering how I could get a break down of these LorAnn flavours. Any recommendations, hints, tips? Thanks!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
That's about right No Burn, glycerine or propylene glycol will produce vapour and a slightly sweet taste. Flavourings and distilled water can be added for taste and consistency. Some people use small amounts of alcohol too.

I've talked about LorAnn flavourings but to be honest I don't know how safe any flavourings are. This might be of interest to you - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...oking/2666-inhaling-flavouring-chemicals.html

You can find out what is in the LorAnn ones by checking on their website. Choose a flavour and then 'item details'.

https://www.lorannoils.com/c-6-super-strength-flavors-candy-oils.aspx

No burn baby

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
Thanks Kate, it seems to be such a mine field doesn't it. Do we have no indication at all in regards to what may be safer to inhale? I was wondering if flavoured liquids which have been tested by labs have over turned anything, for example the tests on Johnson creek and Totally wicked liquids. Did the labs take flavours into consideration.

Kate, as far as recipes go, do I literally buy the VG and mix it with the flavourings? Lor Ann contain propylene glycol as it is, is there any way to avoid this altogether?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I haven't heard about any tests on Johnson Creek juice. Some Wicked is tested and as far as I know the lab didn't specifically mention applying results to different flavours.

You can get glycerine from some baking isles at supermarkets, apparently Tesco stocks it in small bottles.

Put your glycerine and flavouring in a bottle and shake to mix, that's all, you don't need to heat it or anything. I'm not sure that all LorAnn flavours have propylene glycol. That's probably nothing to worry about anyway, it might even protect you from germs.

You might be able to find other flavours that use alcohol as a base but pg is fairly common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread