Suggest a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
I was recommend the uwell nanchuku which I bought and is still being shipped. In the meantime, I am now wanting to buy another mod, I am looking for easy, not to large, single battery mod. I also want to buy the Falcon tank and the Freemax mesh pro tank as well.

I have been hearing good things about the Geekvape aegis, can someone comments if this will be a good combo?

Doing a vapecrawler search shows the price of the mod under $50 and the legend under $60.

However, vapewild shows as $39 but when you click and go to the link the price jumps up.

How to tell if they are authentic vs clones. Looked at fasttech and the price is actually higher.

Reactions: stols001

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Budget? Buttons or touch sensitive screen? If you can, it's a little expensive, get an Asmodus Minikin 2. I've had mine for a while now, and it's a great vape. You'll already have a quite trusty 1 battery mod. All triangular shapes are comfy in the hand and not so heavy.

Asmodus-Minikin-V2-180W-Eightvape-Color-options.jpg

AsMODus Minikin V2 180W Touch Screen Mod

Also, the eleaf invoke 220 is a nice, rounded mod. It will accomodate most all tanks you can think of. And it's quite small too!

eleaf-invoke-mod.jpg

Eleaf Invoke 220W TC Box Mod | Vape Device

Now, the Colossus 80w is the 1 battery version of the Minikin. Another fab, durable mod
333585662178.jpg

asMODus Colossal 80W Touch Screen Box Mod | Vape Device

Nowadays most of us prefer 21700 battery mods. Last a little longer and fill the niche between 1 battery and 2 battery mods. Will give you a longer battery life but 2 different sized batteries. Make sure you get a charger for them
ESPION_Solo_01.png

All of the places for the mod only are in China. I'll keep you updated. Meanwhile, here
Joyetech ESPION Solo 21700 80W TC Box Mod - $59.24 Free Shipping|GearBest.com

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
That Minikin is a nice looking mod. Love the raw finish – the other finishes are nice as well! Saw video of one Admodus model changing colour from white to pink under sunlight. Pink is not my thing but that’s kinda neat.

@Surfer369 – If you do surf, perhaps a water resistant/dust, sand proof mod that will hold up well under some abuse. The Geekvape Aegis and Aegis Legend would fit that bill very nicely!

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
It was your suggestion to get the nanchuku and I got it. So thanks for recommending these, I would want to keep it under $50 if possible.

The reason for getting a second mod is so that I have it as a backup and also to have switch between two different flavors. Speaking of which would it be better to invest in multiple tanks as opposed to mods. Fill the tanks with different flavor juice and attach as when needed?

How do you guys usually vape? Change flavors on the fly?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
It was your suggestion to get the nanchuku and I got it. So thanks for recommending these, I would want to keep it under $50 if possible.

The reason for getting a second mod is so that I have it as a backup and also to have switch between two different flavors. Speaking of which would it be better to invest in multiple tanks as opposed to mods. Fill the tanks with different flavor juice and attach as when needed?

It's always a good plan to have a back up mod just in case something goes wrong with the primary.

A good backup that I have used (and can vouch for) and is reasonably priced is the eleaf Pico, and they have a few different styles to choose from.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Being on this side of the boarder I can’t comment on the price of mods in the states. I think the Aegis Legend is around $60 US +/- a few $$. To me, well worth the extra $10 above your budget.

Using multiple tanks to change flavours is very convenient. I have about half dozen all with different flavours. Using multiple mods with tanks to change flavours is just as convenient but comes with an added cost. There is no right or wrong way, just what ever works best for you

And if your looking for a mod for the purpose of swapping tanks, take note of how big of a tank the mod can accept. The majority of them can accept pretty much any sized tank, aesthetic issues aside. But some such as the Vaporesso Swag with it’s protruding battery cap is limited to what can be used on it. The Swag mod for example can only accept 22mm in diameter tanks – so that writes off the Horizontech and Freemax tanks. BUT…you can get mesh coils for the Swag tank!!

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

:evil::evil::evil: I no longer remember what is in which tank. Since I use rebuildables, I wash them, load them up and vape. I would keep different tanks with different flavors, definitely.

The Aegis Legend is the 18650 dual battery rugged mod, not completely waterproof but quite water resistant. 55 bucks at eightvape

GeekVape Aegis Legend 200W Mod
:banana::banana::banana:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's always a good plan to have a back up mod just in case something goes wrong with the primary.

A good backup that I have used (and can vouch for) and is reasonably priced is the eleaf Pico, and they have a few different styles to choose from.
I understand the love of the Pico but most modern tanks won't fit... 22 mm only!
I keep one for going out with a Melo mini, but there are better options nowadays.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
would it be better to invest in multiple tanks as opposed to mods.

Surf...you may want to get yourself a handy-dandy money saved Banner...(you can just click on mine and set it up with your numbers)…

Then you can easily see whether you can afford to buy 2 (or more) Tanks...or...2 (or more) Mods...or BOTH...

(My banner shows me that I've saved $11,000+...so I can, really, buy any vaping supplies I want...and still have plenty of saved $'s left over)..:thumbs:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@Surfer369 – you should check out some of the YouTube reviews to expose your self to whats available. Ignore their personalities – some are complete muppets, but the majority go over the device in somewhat detail which can be beneficial to you. And if you are looking for long term opinions/recommendations, ask here

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I was recommend the uwell nanchuku which I bought and is still being shipped. In the meantime, I am now wanting to buy another mod, I am looking for easy, not to large, single battery mod. I also want to buy the Falcon tank and the Freemax mesh pro tank as well.

I have been hearing good things about the Geekvape aegis, can someone comments if this will be a good combo?

Doing a vapecrawler search shows the price of the mod under $50 and the legend under $60.

However, vapewild shows as $39 but when you click and go to the link the price jumps up.

How to tell if they are authentic vs clones. Looked at fasttech and the price is actually higher.

Efun has the Aegis for $30 and the Aegis Legend for $40. Takes around 3 weeks for USPS delivery from China. Shipping is around $6

You have to set up an account to see the discounted price on the Legend.

Geek Vape AEGIS 100W Box Mod - $29.99

GeekVape Aegis Legend 200W TC Box MOD - $73.90

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I understand the love of the Pico but most modern tanks won't fit... 22 mm only!
I keep one for going out with a Melo mini, but there are better options nowadays.
There is a Pico 25...

I did mention there are a few different styles of Picos in my post.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@Surfer369 – you should check out some of the YouTube reviews to expose your self to whats available. Ignore their personalities – some are complete muppets, but the majority go over the device in somewhat detail which can be beneficial to you. And if you are looking for long term opinions/recommendations, ask here
Google Image Result for https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/5/5d/How-to-be-a-Complete-Muppet.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080612050108

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The 21700 is nice. But I prefer the Solo, smaller footprint
cub-esp-kit-4.jpg
I was just suggesting something I have used that fits what was being asked. I cannot comment on what you posted in the pic since I never used it, but my Picos have outlasted a lot of other mods and been abused the whole time.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Ha! If it doesn't have a self-contained 8 megawatt nuclear reactor it isn't worth looking at! Oh wait... Did I say that? Never mind. I only vape 30-40 watts myself. If you want a single battery budget mod, you might take a look at a Pico. Not top drawer, but they work just fine.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
No discredit to the Pico. I personally don’t have any experience with it but it looks to be well built and seems to be a popular unit. But the reason for the OP’s question is so he can explore the possibilities of larger mesh tanks to which the Pico is very limited in accepting.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
No discredit to the Pico. I personally don’t have any experience with it but it looks to be well built and seems to be a popular unit. But the reason for the OP’s question is so he can explore the possibilities of larger mesh tanks to which the Pico is very limited in accepting.
He was speaking of a Mesh Pro. A two batt mod would be my choice. Vaping it at 60 watts the battery will last 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread