Recommend MTL RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Started out 3 years ago with mainly big stuff DTL clouds after quitting smoking. Now I find myself in love with the pod systems (von erl and Boulder) and enjoying MTL much more. Looking for a recommended Clone of something easy to work with and preferably would like a recommendation on some premade coils wicked or just what OHM to start with? (I'm lazy and like to just pop in a coil trim and go). I really enjoy the really restricted hit the von erl provides (except when the trigger is being a pain and does not activate until you blow a lung out getting it to turn on lol). Going to be something to keep at home so doesn't have to be tiny or anything.

Any recommendations on a mtl rta and premade coils to go with it would be awesome main concern is flavor all the way. Thanks in advance!

Been eyeing the kayfun v5 by sxk on fasttech but since i'm new to this side of vaping figured I'd get some opinions before i make a commitment on something.

Also side note I've been mainly vaping 70-80% pg based juice in my pods. Like to stick with that with a mtl tank also.

Last edited:
I've tried many tanks looking for the best MTL experience.
I haven't personally found anything that beats my Kayfun Mini V3. I bought an SXK clone to start, I loved it so much I bought an authentic. Best money I ever spent.
Second to the KMV3 is my Digiflavor Siren 22mm. If you aren't interested in building coils, the Nautilus 2 is also good, with lots of coil options. The Triton Mini 1.8ohm Claptons were my favourite.

Quit

MOUTH TO LUNG VAPERS
on Facebook

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Nice I was thinking about the kayfun mini 3. I was looking at the 5 also but was debating which one would have the tighter mtl hit. Looking for a tight draw like My Von Erl.

Also I was checking out the Cthulthu RTA MTL on vapordna seemed interesting with all the options for adjusting the airflow.

So many options for tanks lol just can't decide what to go with.

Reactions: stols001

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
I would suggest the Serpent Mini. IMO it's a great little RTA with adjustable airflow. Vapecrawler

I have the serpent mini I thought i had read you couldn't use it for MTL tho due to it's design? Might have to give that a try and get a smaller tighter drip tip.

You can pick up a Kayfun Mini V3 clone for under $20.
It has an adjustable air flow control so you can tighten the draw as much as you'd like.
Try and get either a Tobeco or SXK clone. I'm certain you won't be disappointed.

Ya i was looking at the SXK clone on fasttech last night think i might try ordering that. What coils do you recommend build wise? I tend to order premade lol so might toss thsoe in the basket also.

Re: Coils

The Kayfun Mini V3 requires you to build coils. Not sure if you do, but I was a beginner when I got the Kayfun. It's not hard at all, and saves lots of money.

I use NiChrome 80, on a 2.5mm bit, 7 wraps, and it ohms out at about 1.0 ohms. 8 wraps will come out about 1.3 ohms.

The air flow adjustment screw is behind the 510 pin screw. Take the 510 pin out to tighten or loosen airflow to your liking.

Remember to close off the juice flow control before you fill it, and open it again when you're ready to vape.

If you prefer a tank with pre-made coils get the Nautilus 2, with the Triton Mini 1.8 ohm Clapton coils.

Cheers,

Quit

MOUTH TO LUNG VAPERS
on Facebook

• Agree

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Re: Coils

The Kayfun Mini V3 requires you to build coils. Not sure if you do, but I was a beginner when I got the Kayfun. It's not hard at all, and saves lots of money.

I use NiChrome 80, on a 2.5mm bit, 7 wraps, and it ohms out at about 1.0 ohms. 8 wraps will come out about 1.3 ohms.

The air flow adjustment screw is behind the 510 pin screw. Take the 510 pin out to tighten or loosen airflow to your liking.

Remember to close off the juice flow control before you fill it, and open it again when you're ready to vape.

If you prefer a tank with pre-made coils get the Nautilus 2, with the Triton Mini 1.8 ohm Clapton coils.

Cheers,

Quit

MOUTH TO LUNG VAPERS
on Facebook

I ment premades from fasttech hehe. I can make coils but i'm lazy and always in a rush lol. So I tend to order premade coils with wicks from fast tech. Just set it in cut,cut and bam rolling. So i'll look at some 1 to 1.5ohm premades wicked and probably order them around those specs. Thanks a lot bud.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Started out 3 years ago with mainly big stuff DTL clouds after quitting smoking. Now I find myself in love with the pod systems (von erl and Boulder) and enjoying MTL much more. Looking for a recommended Clone of something easy to work with and preferably would like a recommendation on some premade coils wicked or just what OHM to start with? (I'm lazy and like to just pop in a coil trim and go). I really enjoy the really restricted hit the von erl provides (except when the trigger is being a pain and does not activate until you blow a lung out getting it to turn on lol). Going to be something to keep at home so doesn't have to be tiny or anything.

Any recommendations on a mtl rta and premade coils to go with it would be awesome main concern is flavor all the way. Thanks in advance!

Been eyeing the kayfun v5 by sxk on fasttech but since i'm new to this side of vaping figured I'd get some opinions before i make a commitment on something.

Also side note I've been mainly vaping 70-80% pg based juice in my pods. Like to stick with that with a mtl tank also.
If your looking for a KF5 clone 1:1. I would get the SMJY KF5 from 3fvape.. I've had one for about almost year now..no issues. It has all the original parts on it still , the screws n even the orings have not needed to be replaced. I use it every day and it still performs just like the day I bought it. You can also buy the authentic Mtl reducer kit to go with it if you want an even tighter draw. I got my kit from Origin Vape.
Read the reviews.. 5 stars. $24.99
SJMY Kayfun V5 Kayfun 5 Style RTA 22mm 4ml Silver Rebuildable Atomizer

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Damn, got myself a SXK Doggy Style 2k16 from FT after being recommended by you folks just to find out that it only has a plastic tank and my all-day is a "Tank Killer" ... bummer... was exited to try this simple "high flavour" MTL RTA.... so what are the alternatives? Or are there any glass tanks for this atty?

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Damn, got myself a SXK Doggy Style 2k16 from FT after being recommended by you folks just to find out that it only has a plastic tank and my all-day is a "Tank Killer" ... bummer... was exited to try this simple "high flavour" MTL RTA.... so what are the alternatives? Or are there any glass tanks for this atty?
Read my post above. KF5 it comes with Glass tank and a SS tank. There's a link to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread