Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy all, another fine day on the high seas, ime5k, you sound like a busy man!

Things seem to be getting slower and slower around here, too many alternatives out there nowadays? Time for a contest? Time to start taking custom orders again? Time for a new design? Time to start looking for a 9 to 5 job? I wish I could also use E-Bay as a alternate selling point, alas ... well, all we can do is keep a steady course and see.

Kinotto

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
€-zone
in my humble opinion, people do not know how to recognize things of value, and beautiful things of great value, many imitators trying to copy the box RSM but in my opinion are only soulless objects.

it is difficult for a craftsman, an artist, maintaining a high quality so how does the captain, a result of a labor of love in every single part produced, i thank him for all this.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Ahoy all, another fine day on the high seas, ime5k, you sound like a busy man!

Things seem to be getting slower and slower around here, too many alternatives out there nowadays? Time for a contest? Time to start taking custom orders again? Time for a new design? Time to start looking for a 9 to 5 job? I wish I could also use E-Bay as a alternate selling point, alas ... well, all we can do is keep a steady course and see.

I wonder if doing a 50/50 run of custom and your choice mods would be good. There is a bit of excitement knowing you can get the mod made exactly how you want it (even if people mostly order similar combinations) and the excitement of the wait can be nice also.

Ohh and contests are always fun :)

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
arrrrr.. very cool. I've never even heard about etsy 'til now.
Wow, those beauty Destroyers are still available~!
I think all RSM needs is some exposure. There're way too many people even at ECF who don't even know about RSM.
It'd be also nice to have a little section on RSM website where you can post updated notice about when the next batch will be available so people know exactly when to come back.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
arrrrr.. very cool. I've never even heard about etsy 'til now.
Wow, those beauty Destroyers are still available~!
I think all RSM needs is some exposure. There're way too many people even at ECF who don't even know about RSM.
It'd be also nice to have a little section on RSM website where you can post updated notice about when the next batch will be available so people know exactly when to come back.

I could do that although I have always tried to give the ECF crew first notice, but I could start posting updates I guess.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
maybe that chat on the website should be reconsidered, people have a place to come and bs, they may like what they see on the site. :p
contests are always good! everyone loves contests, might get a buzz going around
i don think there really is much competition going around.
cappy im gonna send you a pm at sometime tonight

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey there shipmates.. Hows it going? I like contests! I need to get a Dreadnaught before the new design ..

Not to worry, the only design change I am working on is making the Mark-7 able to handle a bit larger tank, and seeing how that means I need a bigger body I am considering just going back to 18350 batts for it as the larger hole requires a larger mod anyway. I am thinking of tapering the top and bottom a bit for a slightly waspish look and also making a thicker door that is tapered around the edges to meet the mod to make a more robust door less prone to warping and thick enough to enable me to add deeper and fancier engraving. Thats about it though, but I like the idea as that will also allow me to center the tank hole as it is offset now to allow a thicker door and thinner inside wall. It would look better with the tank centered I think.

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
cappy i sent you a pm with some info and some rough ideas i thought you might like, im ill be aroudn a little bit, but i had a real busy day,
got to see a demonstration by a prison crt team (basically prisons version of swat) do a bus extraction, hostage situation, and riot formation. they were shooting bean bags out of shot guns, smoke grenades and flashbangs. i actually got hit by some stuff flying out of the flashbang and burned my shirt! haha
i gotta get the videos uploaded to you tube at some point and ill share when i do, it was pretty cool

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Does it make wiring more complicated to put the battery-voltage-check function back in just like the 5.1 cutlass prototype? I did kill a few atties with that function but it was just a matter of getting used to a new habbit. I haven't killed one for long time now that my habbit is set.

I think it was a brilliant function, and it's probably much less confusing with only one switch rather than two. I miss it sometimes when I go out in hurry and unsure of remaining battery on my destroyer. I think it's nice to have such a unique and convenient function since other mods don't offer it, and unlike most of us not everyone is good with using multi-meter or even have one.

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Does it make wiring more complicated to put the battery-voltage-check function back in just like the 5.1 cutlass prototype? I did kill a few atties with that function but it was just a matter of getting used to a new habbit. I haven't killed one for long time now that my habbit is set.

I think it was a brilliant function, and it's probably much less confusing with only one switch rather than two. I miss it sometimes when I go out in hurry and unsure of remaining battery on my destroyer. I think it's nice to have such a unique and convenient function since other mods don't offer it, and unlike most of us not everyone is good with using multi-meter or even have one.

Arrr, hmmm, do you want dual mode atty killer or just a battery check? If it is just a battery check then it would be pretty simple I think. Sitting in bed with my laptop atm, but off the top of my head I would just have to find someplace to put a small pushbutton that when pressed connected the battery directly to the led, presto.

Now, where the heck could I hide a small push button in a mod already using every bit of space.....arrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread