The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Residue?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by madqatter, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. madqatter

madqatter Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2013
    Virginia
    Pardon me, I'm really a noob but I've passed the newbie post count...

I never smoked indoors, so I have not been vaping indoors. I was considering doing it, since it's not nasty, but then became concerned that some sort of vape residue might build up on my stuff (books & papers, computer & TV, furniture, knitting yarn, etc.). Does the vapor leave residue on stuff?

2. CommaHolly

CommaHolly Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    I've been vaping inside for a year,,,,

never noticed anything,,,,,,

3. ElConquistador

ElConquistador Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    I don't really think so. I vape away in the car and there's never an odor or any evidence of it. Seems like I did see a thread months ago about it leaving a little film on the windshield, but I haven't noticed it in my truck.

Try exhaling through a kleenex sometime, leaves no trace.

4. mezzio

mezzio Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Water vapor dissipates much faster than smoke. You get residue from smoking because of all the burnt garbage particles lingering in the air. the vapor from your e-cig will be gone before anything has a chance to cling to anything. I'm sure after a couple years you might start to see something sticky (assuming you're chain vaping a lot of liquid every day), but chances are, it'll be fine... if it were a real concern, I'm sure someone would complain about the humidity rising in their home before any residue.

5. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    i'd assume just like a vics vaporizer or humidifier it does not leave residue or long term orders.

6. madqatter

Sep 14, 2013
    Virginia
    :D

Kinda disappointing not to see the cloud, though. :)

7. notawoman

notawoman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I think the molecules in cigarette smoke are extremely sticky and anything they come in contact with acts like a filter. This is why smoking cigarettes for a long time in an enclosed area will hold on to the smell easily while also being very hard to get rid of.

I vape all the time inside and the smell never stays very long. Some people say the oils will build up on glass, like the inside of the windshield in their car. no big deal to me.

8. madqatter

Sep 14, 2013
    Virginia
    Part of the reason I'm asking is that I was under the impression that the vapor, like the juice, is not merely water.

9. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    to add what sticks to the walls and other items from smoking is the tar....vaping has no tar ;)

10. madqatter

Sep 14, 2013
    Virginia
    Yeah, that's the kind of thing I wouldn't want on my books, computer, yarn, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.