Rest in Peace Robino1

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
I was going through some of my old posts reminiscing about the old times. I would barely post here. I probably posted about ten times between 2010 and last month. As I was reading an old topic of mine I noticed that she moved one of my topics into another category. She was really nice about it. I saw her profile picture and below her name, it said "Resting in peace."

I was curious, I read her wall, I found her posts where she talked about her complications. I spent a few hours researching her. I was sad, and I didn't know her. It's too bad what happened to her. She seemed like a great person. It was weird that this happened recently. I thought it happened a long time ago.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Me too...me too
Me three....Although we never met in real life I still miss her every day. She was game for any kind of shenanigans. She was our designated streaker.....she would streak through the "petition needs your signature" thread every time we hit another 1000 signatures.

:lol::lol:
streaking granny.gif
:lol::lol:

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Only on a few occasions did I have the opportunity and pleasure to participate in Threads where she was present and posting (whether in official or unofficial capacity). However, she always seemed to exude an encompassing aura of "Cool-Class". The rare kinda person who never commanded respect but yet always seemed to effortlessly deserve and garner such.
If you can judge a person by the mark & impressions they make on myriads of other human beings, both individually and as a whole, they have never even spoken to or met; then she was inarguably quite unique and remarkable.
A tragic loss. One that, from reading all previous Posts here and in others, is both deep and profound.
I would only add something that was asked of me on the evening of my Father's passing.
I was asked if I would trade all the Pain and agony bursting from the loss and sense of insatiable void for just one of the following:
For the abundance of amazing memories?
For the peace & comfort of sharing in their magnetic presence?
For the plethora of lasting lessons received?
For the incredible experiences & wisdom imparted?
Would one be willing to trade the joys & blessings of being with them for the anguish & suffering of being without?
The questions provide Perspective. The answers Clarity. Together they foster acceptance from which Peace can begin and Gratitude can, in retrospect, flourish.
The immensity of the Blessings in these situations unfortunately is directly proportionate to the eventual intensity of the "Cost" for having received such.

May Robino1 truly rest in freedom & peace as the abundance of her Spirit and her Legacy lives on joyfully here within our community and likewise without.
Vape On & Enjoy!
Undoubtedly that's exactly what she would have asked of us all (or Told us if we didn't heed her first "suggestion" ;))

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018
I am truly sorry for the pain you're still feeling Flamingo and for the lasting pain that her family and friends are experiencing as well.

It is at times such as these that I find it comforting to remember that while our friend has moved on to whatever awaits us 'on the other side', our memories of them will be with us always, until we "shuffle of this mortal coil" (BTW, I just communed with Bill S. and he told me he doesn't mind us borrowing from him from time to time)

Bright Blessings and may all be well with you and yours,

From the Peace of the Grove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread