classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Why do most of them see how foul mouthed they can be, I don't get it. I am by no means a prude, but I don't like it.

I agree and think they could be losing a large percentage of potential viewers that will shut it off with the first Alphabet-Bomb. Not everyone wants to hear it when wanting to learn about something.

Doesnt bother me in the least, I tend to say much worse than any of them on a daily basis though.

I can keep up with the best of them, but there is a time and a place for that...I don't think a review of a product is one of them.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I agree and think they could be losing a large percentage of potential viewers that will shut it off with the first Alphabet-Bomb. Not everyone wants to hear it when wanting to learn about something.

I can keep up with the best of them, but there is a time and a place for that...I don't think a review of a product is one of them.
I feel the ones that do appeal to the younger viewers (18-25ish) that enjoy the more controversial things. Each reviewer has to find something that gets them attention and sets them apart from the next. While I agree, they are limiting their viewer base, a lot that do speak foul seem to have plenty of subs, more than some that keep it clean. What is popular now would have been banned when I was a kid, this just shows us it isn't going to get better with time, just worse. Like "family" and "children" based tv networks letting sexual scenes be played when they know the age group and type of viewers they have.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Why do most of them see how foul mouthed they can be, I don't get it. I am by no means a prude, but I don't like it.

I let youtube generate subtitles and click "mute"
Show me the data and the features. I can infer the rest from what I watch/read.
I don't really want to see more than human hands and the "product". Blow the vape cloud on the table and I get the picture.

Just the facts ma'am

Cheers
I

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
They can swear as much (or as little) as they like as long as they're honest. Unfortunately most of them are shills. I can't remember how many tanks i've bought after glowing 'reviews' only to end up with a f*&k*%g lemon !
It seems as if which ever new tank/mod they are using, is the latest/greatest. That's one of the reasons I like this forum, honest opinions from users.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
it's a shame that there's not a repulsive language app that could filter out offensive words
Absolutely not, on the contrary. Sadly such things do exist and are developed, up to now they always fail and create false positives en masse. With the number of languages I don't see it getting near "good" any time soon. On youtube that means demonitization so creators who get flagged by the algorithm have to look for other means to make money.
This "shut down things I find offensive" mentality is the bane of our time and will likely end up in another totalitarian nightmare.
This cuts deep, Im bogan af.
It's a punk rock song, c:censored: ;)

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Vaping is a broad phenomenon which has been embraced by different classes of persons.
Me, and many others on these fora, we just escaped the damage of burning tobacco, while remaining grateful for the opportunity being given to us.
Other people assumed vaping as a lifestyle marker.
Yes, that odd looks I get when I walk past some peculiarly looking people, who behaves like I have stolen their thunder - for the fact that I am vaping, too.
I bet, they are the platea for those foul mouthed "reviewers".
As the old Latin saying goes, "O tempora, o mores...".

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Absolutely not, on the contrary. Sadly such things do exist and are developed, up to now they always fail and create false positives en masse. With the number of languages I don't see it getting near "good" any time soon. On youtube that means demonitization so creators who get flagged by the algorithm have to look for other means to make money.
This "shut down things I find offensive" mentality is the bane of our time and will likely end up in another totalitarian nightmare.

It's a punk rock song, c:censored: ;)
Thats not punk where Im from, its more like pop, f:censored:r. ;)

Reactions: Cynophobe

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I've been know to indulge in the odd foul word myself, but when it's an unending torrent of filth I lose interest.

wpKJFyb.png

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Nobody likes a bogan.
He has over 115,000 people subscribed to his channel. Just because you don't like him, there are lots of people that would dsagree. I like the bogan much better than djlsb, but I'm sure there are others that feel the opposite way.

Too many of the big timers say they do not get paid for their reviews, which is supposed to make them look more honest, but push for us viewers to donate money to them. Which means they get paid for their reviews.

Currently I only watch one reviewer, Pal 702, because I agree with the way he does things. Minds his battery condition in the video, builds within the CDR of his batteries, and does a wide range of products from cheap to very high end.

• Informative
Reactions: Fidola13

Frogzx

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
USA
I'm fine with it as long as it isn't super cringey. I like Bogan, probably my favorite reviewer personally. Was initially put off but after a few videos I just kind of became fine with it, has it's own charm in a way I guess? Also love how he reviews a beer before every vape review, i've actually gotten into a couple really good craft beers from his videos, and got me into trying to mix vaping with drinks to create some pretty interesting experiences. Much better than Indoorsmokers making cringey ex-wife jokes (not sure if he does this anymore, but I remember it being a thing when I watched him 5 or so years ago) or Rip trying to force a vulgar joke, which physically hurts me. Then again I don't watch a lot of vape channels so my experiences are pretty limited.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I'll watch Tony, Mike and Daniel.

Oh, and Zophie because she reminds me of one of my daughters.

The rest of the foul-mouthed, tattooed snapbackers can go puff a tootle. They're all a bunch of divas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread