Status
Not open for further replies.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Rubber City is now out of stock on the E2 replacements. Glad I got my 6 in at that price before they were gone. Put two new ones in today and they're great. It's similar to the Vivi Nova 2.5 that I just got in, except an easier draw, which I like.

The peanut butter banana juice is out of this world in both the Vivi and the E2, but by comparison, the flavor seems muted or muffled in my carto tanks. There's quite a difference, but other juices work better in my carto tanks, like the candy cane, so it's all good! :D

gordon50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wichita falls, tx
got 2 new tanks in today and am having problems with the wicks. did they change the wicks? used the first one over a month before it fell apart. both new ones are frayed and starting to break off at the tube after a partial tank each and getting dry hits unless turning upside down before each hit. cleaned and they feel different fron the first on. just wondering if anybody has notice this.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Odd thing,the short top wick is just deposited there,its not tied to anything;I changed that lil piece for some braided wick I have,more sturdy,wicks better (so to not flood the coil) and doesnt get crunched like std wick

I am currently trying something as even with my lil silicone cap mod,I still found a drop of liquid at the connector on the battery terminal;

I have a hunch that the "o-rings" at the base/post junction need to be lubed with vaseline since in all the rebuildables that I own,all seals need to be lubed or leakage can occur and since vaseline seem to be impervious to e-juice...

Might work,might not!

socalfisher

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
SoCal
Well have had mine little over a week and havent had any major issues. 1 being that with all the different tanks out there you will never have the same flavor as dripping or I just havent found a tank that actually produces dripping flavor..

IMG_3203.jpg

Extraunordinary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Where I am
Just thought I'd chime in. I've had four of these tanks for about a month now, and I am pretty happy with them. Sure I have to soak up juice out of the well, and I have to blow them out ever so often, but they're just like any other clearo; fiddly. I get the best flavor from these for days on end. I took out the top, short wick, and I spin them around on their sides to keep the wicks wet (tipping them over, like a vision, seems to FUBAR them pretty good!), but I get the most pleasure, vaping, from these than any other delivery system out there. I will soon be delving into the quest for a gasket added to the top to prevent the accumulation of juice in the well, but I am totally a skeptic on this matter; if I find a solution you know dang well I will share.

Last edited:

Cindy Pennypacker

May 4, 2012
pa, usa
vc has the tanks for 7.00 and kits for 34.00 but is out of stock on the kits

I bought the kit and love the looks of it, the amount of juice it holds and how easy it is to take apart and clean. However both of the tanks are leaking like a sieve and I can't get them to stop leaking. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them as I really love the looks of the whole setup. My kit came with 2 tanks and 2 900mah batteries shaped exactly the same.

Tolver

Aug 12, 2012
San Francisco
And btw, the matching Apollo battery that I got with it is fantastic. Really love how it looks (although it is pretty much just a standard ego batt). The lights & finish on it is great. Can't wait till a Variable Voltage version comes out.

Yes, about the batteries ... everybody goes on FOREVER about the tanks, but nobody has given a good review of the battery. How well does the battery work with other 510 attachments? Atomizers? Cartomizers? What are the other 'features' of the battery? Can the lights be turned off or adjusted? There are 3 different sizes of battery, so how to they compare to each other?

Extraunordinary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Where I am
Just thought I'd chime in. I've had four of these tanks for about a month now, and I am pretty happy with them. Sure I have to soak up juice out of the well, and I have to blow them out ever so often, but they're just like any other clearo; fiddly. I get the best flavor from these for days on end. I took out the top, short wick, and I spin them around on their sides to keep the wicks wet (tipping them over, like a vision, seems to FUBAR them pretty good!), but I get the most pleasure, vaping, from these than any other delivery system out there. I will soon be delving into the quest for a gasket added to the top to prevent the accumulation of juice in the well, but I am totally a skeptic on this matter; if I find a solution you know dang well I will share.

Finally an update, but I wouldn't call it good news. I've totally given up on these tanks. I found some silicone washers that fit in the well like they were made for it, yet juice still gurgles up. They work best when you fill them no higher than the top of the window, and refill them when the juice gets to the bottom of the window. That is not much more juice than a stardust holds, and the stardust doesn't gurgle juice into to my mouth.

As for the battery, I am definitely a fan. With a 2.5 Ohm stardust the 1100Mah last me about 4 hours of constant vaping, and recharge rather quickly. They feel really good in my hand as my pinky wraps around the base perfectly. You cannot turn off the lights, but with a little wiggling they do come apart at the attie connection so you could probably cut the wires. I would consider purchasing more of the batteries, but my tanks are probably going up for sale.

Last edited:

fisher

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2012
Maryland
I bought a couple Super Excalibur 6 ml tanks and some LR super excalibur replacement atomizers and have had them about three weeks
On the good side they have have a great look, especially the silver tank on my silver ego 1000 mah twist battery with a ming white and back swirl drip tip and they have given me the best taste, and most vapor I have see yet from a wick style atomizer tank.

On the bad side I got one that that had defective threads that would not hold the base/atomizer straight, the wicks don't feed well until they break-in, and you have to fiddle with it to get it to feed the coil without a dry burn or flooding the atomizer. Unlike the folks on this thread I have had no leaking at the base or the top and all the leaking comes from flooding the atomizer and having it come out the bottom hole to the battery or by sucking it up through the atomizer tube to the drip tip well.
While I love the vape from these tanks when the feed properly, it is a major challenge to tip them, swirl them and when they are low practically invert them to get them to feed without flooding or getting the occasional dry burn. The atomizers I got also seem to have a lot of solvent on them and they taste and feed much better if I wash and dry them first.

In closing while I love the taste, volume of vapor, and tank capacity I am tired of having to carry a couple of paper towels with me to clean them up when the flood which invaribly happens no matter what you do with the wick and caps if you want a good feed and a good vape.

By the way the sweet spot on my twist is about 3.7 volts with the LR atomizers. Below that I don't get much vapor and more flooding and above that you get lots of vapor, but not much taste or the burny taste. When these things hit right they are great, but I am getting tired of all the house keeping.

Last edited:

Tolver

Aug 12, 2012
San Francisco
Ok, I am GOING to buy a kit. That said, is there a reason why a DCT cartomizer can not be used in the tank? If the juice hole is too low on the shaft and obscured by the narrowing waist then a manual hole punch could be used further up the shaft where juice could enter. Just a thought, would be nice if somebody with experience would try it, or at least explain to me why it cant be done. Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread