Reviv E2 Apollo Tank from DV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH0MAS CR0WN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
CA
Ok, mine just came in today and after a few hours have experienced this gurgling everyones talking about. How many of you have sliced off a little bit off the bottom of the silicone seal (with the metal tube through it) and had success? I just sliced off about 2-3mm off the bottom of the seal and put it back on. It seems to have fixed the gurgling for now but I don't know for how long.

Another thing, but are these things supposed to be this quiet? Lol because my tank is so quiet I could swear that it's not working, but then I end up blowing out a cloud of vapor. And btw, the matching Apollo battery that I got with it is fantastic. Really love how it looks (although it is pretty much just a standard ego batt). The lights & finish on it is great. Can't wait till a Variable Voltage version comes out.

But back to the tank itself. Any other techniques to get these performing great consistently? So far only issue I've had was slight gurgling, which hopefully will stop now that I've trimmed the silicone.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Day two update -- I've been using the two new black ones a lot that I got in yesterday and no problems to report.

I got tired of fooling around with the first two. For example: Take the top wick out, trim the wicks back, push the silicone cap up, blah blah blah. So I didn't do a darn thing to these, just to see what difference it would make, and so far, I'm still getting smooth, flavorful draws from them. I just filled them up, each with a different juice (pb & banana and a RY4), just past the top of the window, right out of the box.

The one with the RY4 started to gurgle a little bit yesterday, but I set it aside (laying down or standing up, it doesn't matter), and it was back to smooth draws an hour or so later. Maybe resting allows the juice time to settle down, I dunno, but it does something. Something that also seems to help is that with these, I take slow and soft draws on them. Whereas with Boge carto tanks, I'm a little more strong with the draws. So, maybe take slower draws. Fast, strong draws might be sucking juice into the tube.......

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
And I might be having too much fun with these things. Oh well......
yourefired-albums-ego-super-excalibur-e2-picture117816-picture-139.jpg

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Omg, where did you get that gooseneck thing? lol And I just gave in and bought a 60ml bottle of the 'caramel apple'. Can't beat it for $19, and now he's got extra flavor options, sweetener, etc, so lots more customizing. I personally think they caramel apple and peanut butter banana are perfect as is, though. LOVE that gooseneck! Man... you're a fount of wild and wooly connections, YoureFired!

And Thomas Crown.. now that I'm diy'ing some very thin 100% VG, think I'm gonna take your lead and try to slice off the very bottom from the start. Crossing fingers. Dang... I SO want these to work, cause I love the design and features!

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Omg, where did you get that gooseneck thing? ......

Totally Twisted Texas is the only place I've seen that sells them. But, I got mine from the ECF Classifieds. Now I'm waiting for a second one to arrive. The second one is black & orange and a little shorter. The cool thing is, there is no voltage loss when you use a gooseneck. 4 volts from the pv = 4 volts delivered. It's great to use while driving since I don't have to put my hand up so close to my face while enjoying a vape. It reminds me of drinking from a straw. Plus, it just looks bad*ss.......

BuddyGoodness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Mississippi
I have been using these for a while. I have to say the biggest pain in the ... part of these are the connection. I have a provari so I am forced to use an ego 510 adapter on account of the threads being recessed in for the special ego connection. It is very aggravating due to the face that the connecters gets almost glued into the base of the tank and if I try to force it to unscrew I usually end up ruining the 4$ connector. I really wish they would make these with a simple 510 thread that wasn't recessed. Adding a connecter always adds a weakness to the connection chain.

Other than that they are better than the vivi novas though they still have annoying problems. Gurlging being one. Two of the atomizers I had crapped out after 3 days so that sucks. Still just waiting out for my rebuildable atomizer arrives.

The Doctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
Barrie, ON
On that note, I just "rebuilt" one.

Was vaping fine and then just died. I'm a stubborn guy, and I hate replacing things, so I ripped the whole darn thing apart. The ground wire had become unsoldered, do, using a small screwdriver and some tweezers, I uncoiled the wire from the wick, twisted the ground wire back on to the atty wire, recoiled it and put it back together.

It's not as good, few more dry hits, but it DOES work.

Props to Martin for discovering a fix to the gurgle!
Vaping since: a while
Cigarettes avoided: lots
Money saved: probably not
Devices: Yes
(insert crappy graphic and vendor logo here)

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Yep, as I mentioned, it's the walls of the tube that are a little bit thicker. Also, the battery is a little loose inside, but with the top screwed on it's pretty solid. I wasn't sure I'd like how wide the Bombshell is, but it's a comfortable fit in my hand. I have long fingers, so maybe that's why..... I dunno.

If you know of a fatter (or phatter) tube mod, let me know! :D

gordon50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wichita falls, tx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread