Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I have been gng back and forth looking at these, good reviews, bad reviews, sales, full price, and I am still on the fence. I used to use ce2s long before the stardusts and all the revisions, and I could deal with the fiddle factor. Now is it my imagination or is the idea of a wick fed device just not EVER going to work consistently?

I am also intrigued by the thought of the dual coil carto going in one, if anyone does this I will be very interested in hearing how it works :)

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
Yes, about the batteries ... everybody goes on FOREVER about the tanks, but nobody has given a good review of the battery. How well does the battery work with other 510 attachments? Atomizers? Cartomizers? What are the other 'features' of the battery? Can the lights be turned off or adjusted? There are 3 different sizes of battery, so how to they compare to each other?

I have a white 650 and it's very neato and remarkably easy to hold. Works perfect with 510 attachments, etc, because after all it's just an EGO batt. There are no other features except the doofy lights, which you can't turn off. It is exactly the same length as a normal 650 but weighs more due to the thick steel casing.

The only other "feature" is that it doesn't blink three times after you activate the five-press turnoff. Also, the light doesn't light when charging.

Edited to add: I'll be buying the GOLD 900 this Friday. Along with the RIGHTEOUS GOLD TIP to go with it. But then I'll just put my ghetto CE3s between them.

Also edited to change: changed "size" to "length" because obviously it's not the same width.

Last edited:

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Yes, it has a 510 Ego connection, so just about anything can be attached to it. I've used the batteries for various tanks, but mainly Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartos. That gold Apollo looks awesome. Here's the gold tank to go with it in case anyone else is interested: E2 Apollo Tank Gold

Edit: I don't know why they have "Black" on the tab, but it's currently the Gold tank.

Last edited:

fisher

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2012
Maryland
Hmmm,
The Vivi Novas were out of stock for a while so I ordered two more LR atomizers for my Excalibur super tanks and when I tried them they did not flood and leak like my older atomizers. On closer examination these new 2.4 ohm atomizers had smaller diameter wicks and thinner slots cut into the sides of the metal tube atomizer housings. I wish I knew if these are older style atomizers or some slightly modified newer models because they are working well without all the flooding problems that I have had for about a month.
Maybe a quality control issue or a new supplier. Who knows?

Last edited:

Jbaumer

Aug 3, 2012
Arizona,USA
I am a newbie to vaping ,,so feel free to rip me a few new ones :)

I bought an E2 battery and tank from rochester vapor, they call the set up a rocket.

Have had a minor leak issue, but thats from the element getting a tad loose from all my playing with it.
I have been rather pleased, I have used the same element for now 8 days and its almost acting like I just broke it good.

The E2 batteries are also nice, they light up, have eGo & 510 threads, they are manual, but though I am new to vaping, I have a dislike of automatics, only cause of what ifs, specificly what if the tank leaks.

TH0MAS CR0WN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
CA
Whoa! The gold battery looks awesome! I def would have gotten that instead of the chrome one if it was out at the time.

I too have the apollo battery in 650mah, and I gotta say it feels great in the hand (that's what she said). In my opinion, it feels lighter than my eGo batteries. I too thought it would be heavier, but it is noticeably lighter. I use it quite a bit actually, which I didn't expect. It looks great with a simple SS cone & 3ml tank. I'd recommend it, and they aren't that expensive.

I'm tempted to get that gold cone (because I love goooold), but I am still holding out on the hope that they make a variable voltage version of this thing. That would be awesome.

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
I'm tempted to get that gold cone (because I love goooold), but I am still holding out on the hope that they make a variable voltage version of this thing. That would be awesome.

They have a VV of the chrome.
Super Excalibur Ego 900mah SS TWIST Battery [Sup Exc Bat 900 SS twist] - $22.00 : Vapors Choice, Ecigarettes & Parts
Super Excalibur Ego 650mah SS TWIST Battery [Sup Exc Bat 650 SS twist] - $19.00 : Vapors Choice, Ecigarettes & Parts (though they're using the 900 pic)

TH0MAS CR0WN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
CA

Whoa. :blink:

Awesome! Once a gold apollo twist comes out, it's mine! Do you know if there is a big size difference from the standard apollo battery to their twist? (like the normal ego twists).

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
Gold 900 batt came in. Here it is with a CE3 and gold tip. Sorry blurry, taken with iPod.
IMG_3837.jpg

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
I have the new vivi nova CVT. The one with the built in metal windowed tubing. I'm vaping it on a twist. I've had this thing for two weeks and my friend has had his Excalibur/Apollo for a week. I am in love with this nova and his 6mil tank has had nothing but wicking problems, horrible vapor production, and consistent flooding. Either BOTH of his tanks are duds or you guys have only tried the first nova.

Now he is a newb and it's his first PV but I honestly got hardly any vapor and no throat hit when I cleaned and filled his myself.

Roidrage

Jul 20, 2011
Manila
I am so glad a lot of you folks are very appy with the Esco E2 Apollo Tank. Some people did not have very good luck with it, and I'm one of them. I'm an eperienced vaper. I have been vaping since 2010 and I have owned a lot of mods already. I had my share of fiddling with vaping stuff but my Apollo was the most stubborn of all! This is the very first time I gave up on a tank. That's right,I totally gave up. I won't even give it away (maybe I will if I find a hypertensive enemy) since it will only bring the next owner nothing but pain and frustrations as it has brought me.

I experienced the gurgling, dry hits, but no leaking. The gurgling is toally annoying, not to mention getting almost a mouthful of RY4 in 24 mg
nic. I tried the carto plug routine and that did not stop the gurgling. I noticed on the reviews that the innard comes with the usual CE2 style wick and there's a stardust looking short wick on top of it that just sits there. One reviewer even mentioned he just takes that tiny wick off. Mine did not come with a short wick so I removed the silicon cap and slid a short wick into the post slot. When I put the silicon cap back on, the relationship between the wicks and the cap seemed great. I just thought this was it! This should work or it never would! So I assembled the whole thing, noticed the innard was not centered in the tank so i took it apart again. I checked the way the post attached to the base by attaching the base and innard to an 1100mAh eGo battery, let it lie down on the table with the wick suspended and rolled it on its side show any signs of beig bent, none, perfectly straight. I reassembled the Apollo and noticed that the silicon cap was still off-center from the mouth of the tank, where we put juice. Took out the base again and saw that the very thin white silicon gasket at the base was not settled at the very bottom of the base where it should be, but caught in the threads. I fixed that too. I reassembed the tank again and lo and behold, centered! Ok so I checked to see if everything's alright, including the modifications. Everything A-ok. I put in some juice just about 2mm above the top of the window, closed the lid, attahed to my Zmax. Resistance at 2.4 ohms, set voltge to 4.2 volts, and set power to 7.5 watts. I was so excited to try the first hit. What a disappointment! Gurgling galore, as though I made no modifications. Vapor was not satisfactory (naturally, gurgling is synonymous to flooding).

I put it down for about an hour to see if it would leak, it did not. Due to the heavy gurgling, I was absolutely certain I got juice on the battery connector and sure enough, about 2 drops there, Took the tank apart, no, I did not spill juice all over me, kept it in a fresh clean FET bottle for later. I tried to narrow the slot that holds the wick in to strangle the wicking up a bit but after doing that, still no improvements. Took out the juice, poured it back in the bottle, filled up my Vivi Nova, and my frustrationsare over. I love the Vivi Nova. But I won't even take a look at an Apollo tank everagain.

Although, If I get news that the problem has been corrected by the manufacturer, I might try it again, although in the Philippines, it's not cheap! About P650 pesos (around $17.00) and there's only one vendor that carries it. I hope something new comes along, as functional as the Vivi Nova and as handsome as the Apollo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread