Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Jan, can you see them now? Sorry they didn't show up. Thank you for the compliments. I have been wanting to do that for a while, because juice junkies OP helped me get curious, lose my fear and just get after it :). Now I keep on keeping on :).

Yes, they're showing up now. Good job. you are becoming our "go to" guy on "all things coils and wicks" on this forum. You've definitely "assimilated." :laugh:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Yes, they're showing up now. Good job. you are becoming our "go to" guy on "all things coils and wicks" on this forum. You've definitely "assimilated." :laugh:

Thanks Jan. i stayed in a holiday inn express last night. JK :) I've learned from the best :) working from home also helps. I can experiment alot :)

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Great job. I've heard you describe what you do but "pictures are worth thousands of words."

Thanks,

Norman

I am glad that my writings are understandable. I keep going back and editing it to hopefully read better. Thank you Norman!

Just made another observation. My RM2 performs even better with the air hole drilled to 1/16". After drilling it, I hit it with a countersink bit to deburr the edges of the hole. Made for better vapor and a little less TH, which is perfect, the TH with that stock hole was a little much for me.

HA :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I want to share another factor that GREATLY affects performance on the RM2. Properly adjusted, you will have a smoother vape and be generating bigger clouds. It's fairly common knowledge, but I ignored it on the RM2 until now. It's the relationship of the airhole to the coil. It's because I have 2 RM2s and the where the airhole ends up in relation to the coil differs between them. If the airhole is slightly off, like on my 1st one, its no big deal. If its more off to the side, like over by the wick tails or beyond, its not gonna vape as good as it should. My second one was like this and vaped anemically compared to the first - until I adjusted it. Here's how to check / adjust it so it is optimal:

Step 1: Screw the atomizer on the REO without a drip tip. Look down thru the top. See the coil? ok, You need the coil to be pointing UP when In your normal firing / hitting position ( when you bring it up to your mouth). If its not, turn it so it is. If you cant align it without excessive force (or its too loose) use the oring that came with the RBA by unscrewing the base and placing it in the drip well to achieve this. If that oring is not thick enough, I use one from a grand bottle cap. I use an oring with all RBA's to prevent over tightening to get proper alignment.

Step 2: Now look at the cap. Is the airhole DIRECTLY in front of the coil or within a few degrees of it? If not, use another oring between the cap and the base to achieve this. I had to use 2 in this location.

gerubuny.jpg

The difference in the vape is well worth these steps :)

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Keep it up super X and Rob will be getting you to do his videos for him you can tell how much the Modfather enjoys doing them :-x

I'd do anything I could for him. As long as I don't have to travel to Maine. I hate to travel :). His vids are better than mine could be. He's got it down. I prefer pix.

Also, my videos would sound almost like those hicks on duck dynasty. I prefer the Mainer accent.

Last edited:

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Now i have put my cap back on. Notice the air hole in the cap. I hit this grand with the button pointing down, so the airhole is pointing up. You always want the airhole pointing up when you hit.
Ok, you lost me here. The air hole is in the cap; how can you make it point up?

Use the oring that came with the RM2 by placing it in the catch cup before you screw on the RBA. This should allow you to align the airhole where it needs to be. If not, i have also used the thicker one from a grand bottle cap to achieve the desired results. Please see post # 29 for an update / further information on this step :)

View attachment 205765

Now if your wick is good and saturated, go vape it like you stole it :) :) :)

I'm confused on the o-ring in the cup helping you align the air hole with the coil. How does that work exactly? I guess I'm not seeing how that o-ring will allow us to change the alignment of the top cap with what is screwed into the 510 connection. Clearly, I am not understanding something here, but I very much would like to. :)

By the way, it's brilliant to use that hollow needle to thread the wick into the coil. I never would've thought of that.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Ok, you lost me here. The air hole is in the cap; how can you make it point up?

I'm confused on the o-ring in the cup helping you align the air hole with the coil. How does that work exactly? I guess I'm not seeing how that o-ring will allow us to change the alignment of the top cap with what is screwed into the 510 connection. Clearly, I am not understanding something here, but I very much would like to. :)

By the way, it's brilliant to use that hollow needle to thread the wick into the coil. I never would've thought of that.

Hi Horselady! Ok, when you are holding your REO, taking a hit, it is usually tilted to some degree (mines basically horizontal with the button pointing down when the DT is up to my mouth). The airhole should be pointing up then. More importantly, follow these steps to first ensure that your coil will be pointing up when tilted to hit first:

Step 1: Screw the atomizer on the REO. Now unscrew the cap. You need the coil to be pointing up when In your normal firing / hitting position. If its not, turn it so it is. If you cant align it without excessive force (or its too loose) use the oring that came with the RBA by unscrewing the base and placing it in the drip well to achieve this. If that oring is not thick enough, I use one from a grand bottle cap. I use an oring with all RBA's to prevent over tightening to get proper alignment.

Step 2: Screw the cap back on. Is the airhole DIRECTLY over the coil or within a few degrees of it? If not, use another oring between the cap and the base to achieve this. I had to use 2 in this location.

Thank you on the needle compliment :). I'm always looking for ways to improve and simplify. :)

Here's a pic of what I mean by "pointing up".
Also notice the Orings I added to the cap to achieve perfect alignment of airhole to coil.

na2eqasu.jpg

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
OMMFG, the difference when the airhole position is aligned so it is right in front of the coil is absolutely amazing. This is probably the single most important thing (aside from building a coil that doesn't short your REO) that you can do to put the vape from the RM2 into the stratosphere.

I'm running the RM2 on my grand. I haven't even reached for my VV grand, with a chalice on top since I corrected the airhole position Friday night - it's that significant. Game changer. Talk about a smooth, flavorful vape. Damn.

I would suggest that if you haven't aligned yours, DO IT NOW. Right NOW. Even if its vaping good, check it and correct it if its off.

DO IT. :)

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Thanks. Ok, I understand what you were saying about the hole pointing up and also the o-ring between the cap and base. The picture was fabulous. Thank you. What didn't make sense to me is how an o-ring in the juice well would do anything at all to make it easier to align the air hole.

Now, if I just knew what a "grand bottle cap" was, I'd be all set. :p:laugh:

Last edited:

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
Thanks. Ok, I understand what you were saying about the hole pointing up and also the o-ring between the cap and base. The picture was fabulous. Thank you. What didn't make sense to me is how an o-ring in the juice well would do anything at all to make it easier to align the air hole.

Now, if I just knew what a "grand bottle cap" was, I'd be all set. :p:laugh:

The oring in the well is to adjust alignment of the coils to your preference. The grand bottle cap is the 6ml bottle's cap that the tubing goes through :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread