Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
QUOTE=jimbalny;4211302]If not, im sure it can always be cut down or compressed more in with a vice. Its only a couple of bucks so wouldn't be much of a loss[/QUOTE]

They have two of them, not sure which one to get. I haven't checked the models they are listed for to see which fits the 18 size.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I've got these 3000mah ultrafires and I definitely get more "worthy" vape time outta the aw imr 18650's. If you're vaping low res, which I know probably most people who use mods are, high drain batteries are the way to go.

dragit said:
i've had nothing but problems with the long body on my RS. Both mega dual coils dont fire. 4.0ohm atty works... sorta...
$50 order was kind of a waste at this point.

Guess im going back to 3.7v. Way disappointed. Probably user error but i've already smoked half a pack of smokes trying to figure it out. lol. Damn thing!

What batteries are you stacking? Does the device close all the way?

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
One more time. Let's see if third time's a charm.

What is a hot spring?

Ok, third times the charm:)

It's the spring on the negative end of the battery, and the hot spring is a different metal, copper I believe, that has less resistance than the steel spring.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Ok, third times the charm:)

It's the spring on the negative end of the battery, and the hot spring is a different metal, copper I believe, that has less resistance than the steel spring.

The negative spring flows enough amps for me.
I would like a collapsible spring which also functions as a fuse.
I trimmed my negative spring because tension higher than necessary.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I was using the two batteries that the RS kit came with. Ultrafire 18350s.

I have a whole bunch of AR IMR batteries now. Loving my Maxi

Maybe try trimming the spring a bit? I tried my RS with ultrafire protected 18350's and it was a no go. Two ulrafire imr 18350's fit perfectly

needtoknow

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
TN
I have a RS and a maxi that are over a year old (so they are the old style) I can't get the cap on the RS to work at all, and starting to have problems with the maxi. I replaced the spring with a wire awhile ago and it worked great for awhile but just recently I am having problems getting some of my attys to fire. Do they do repairs on the old style ones (or would it be worth it?) would a shorty adapter help me at all?

Also as you can see my signature does not show up right any suggestions?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I am having problems getting some of my attys to fire. Do they do repairs on the old style ones (or would it be worth it?) would a shorty adapter help me at all?

One of mine gets the center pin pushed too far down with some cartos. - Then the next carto or atty won't make contact and fire. I tinkered with it a few times and got it working again, but I finally put a shorty on it and it has been trouble free since.

And, since the old style and the new style use the exact same switch and the exact same 510 connector (my best recollection on the connector anyway - I traded my old style off a while ago and can't compare them), I have to think they'll still work on it.

As to your signature, it looks like your left side bracket is missing. [ should be before the image link.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I guess I will try to push the center pin down, what did u use to do it?

I actually lifted it up just a tiny bit. I used a dental pick. Be careful, though. It only needs to move the tiniest distance. Otherwise, too much movement and I think the center pin will pop out.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
My 6 month old Maxi RoughStack recently crapped out. I sent it back to MV for a repair rather than doing it myself for a change. They fixed it and mailed it back to me in less than a week! I had also picked up a short body at the their new store on a trip I was taking down to Florida a couple weeks ago. For some reason, it wouldn't thread on to the cap of my Maxi. They took care of that as well and I received both units in the mail today. My Maxi's back in action and MV repaired it free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread