RTA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rks959

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
Hello folks,hope everyone is staying safe and are well.I have a problem with my rta,i have been using the bulk and the blotto lately and used the aromamizer supreme for around 3 years.The same one,it has been a fantastic tank but started having problems with it so i got the 2 i'm using now.Anyway my problem is after i get either one all built and ready to go they'll work perfect for approx 2-3 weeks and i start getting a lot of juice coming up through the chimney with the vapor.Happens with both of them.I know i'm doing something wrong.I know why i never had the problem with the supreme because of the juice flow adjustment control.When the wicks got flooded i could turn juice flow down until some of the juice got used up and then open flow back up or i could just keep it adjusted so the wicks would not get so saturated at all.My question is how can i wick the tanks so this won't happen.I've been just rewicking either tank i was using at the time.Or is that just something that is gonna happen since the Bulk or Blotto doesn't have a juice flow control.I guess i got so used to using the supreme and only changed the wick was when the cotton started getting a little burnt,normally that would be around 3 months or longer.Maybe i just need to look for me another supreme to purchase.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

rks959

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
You've answered your own question. If they work perfectly for 2 or 3 weeks after rewicking then they start malfunctioning that says you need to rewick every 2 or 3 weeks.
That's what i was wanting to know.I have only used rta's with juice flow controls that lasted a lot longer than 2-3 weeks.I was just asking.Thanks

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Rcon

Aug 11, 2016
@rks959 If it makes you feel any better I change my wick every single tankful, so every 2-3 weeks would be inconceivable to me. I can detect flavour loss at the end of the tankful and my coil is always already starting to gunk at that point, so dry burn and wick change is needed. I currently run 5 tanks so I do quite a lot of re-wicking.

I vape at low watts (8w) and mostly tobaccos (NETs) so I know what causes this and I'm happy enough with the compromise to enjoy great flavour and vaping, but just saying, don't feel too hard done by changing every 2-3 weeks if that's what's needed :)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
No punctuation or even formatting in OP.
YePvZEk.gif

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
rks959,I vape mostly unflavored juice and that is a juice that causes the least coil gunking. I still have to recoil/rewick once a week to ten days or so. I like fresh flavor and that's the only way to keep flavor quality up. Any coil will accumulate a coating of burned juice over time. It's also common to remove the wick when flavor drops and do a short dry burn on he coil immediately followed by a dunk under the cold water tap. Replace the wick and you're good to go.

Three months is way too long to expect a wick to last. Two weeks is about my limit, but I like fresh flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread