RTA similar to Zenith

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeTintin

Sep 8, 2018
Hi Folks,

I am looking for a RTA MTL tank which is similar to Zenith. I want a tank which has 1.6ohm resistance and tighter draw like Zenith.
Can you please recommend a tank with above features.. Also I am new to vaping and been doing it just over a month and never build a coil yet.. so something simple would be helpful..

Thanks as always for supporting me..

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the OP wants to keep using the zenith (he already has one) but try his hand at something similar to the RTA side.

DO NOT get the Ares. I didn't find it remotely similar in draw (okay maybe it can restrict) but it's just poorly made and muddy flavor. The Siren is pretty airy in my opinion to be honest, although yes you can turn the airflow down, and a 1. 6 ish coil would certainly work in it. I don't really compare it to the Zenith really but I run it wide open at almost all times.

I'm gong to suggest the more restricted Doggy style clone you could get a 1.6 resistance coil in it easily and flavor and draw are fantastic . Get the capital letter SMY clone one whatever it's called (I think). FT has 3 different clones on it and they're all slightly different as far as airflow, I THINK that's the right one but I bet someone will correct me.:

Failing that, I'd give the Siren a shot, for overall great flavor and ease of build and you CAN close it down. If it's your first RTA it's not a bad choice at all.

The Ares is just "meh" until my two broke within days of each other. One merited, one not.

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I think the OP wants to keep using the zenith (he already has one) but try his hand at something similar to the RTA side.

DO NOT get the Ares. I didn't find it remotely similar in draw (okay maybe it can restrict) but it's just poorly made and muddy flavor. The Siren is pretty airy in my opinion to be honest, although yes you can turn the airflow down, and a 1. 6 ish coil would certainly work in it. I don't really compare it to the Zenith really but I run it wide open at almost all times.

I'm gong to suggest the more restricted Doggy style clone you could get a 1.6 resistance coil in it easily and flavor and draw are fantastic . Get the capital letter SMY clone one whatever it's called (I think). FT has 3 different clones on it and they're all slightly different as far as airflow, I THINK that's the right one but I bet someone will correct me.:

Failing that, I'd give the Siren a shot, for overall great flavor and ease of build and you CAN close it down. If it's your first RTA it's not a bad choice at all.

The Ares is just "meh" until my two broke within days of each other. One merited, one not.

Anna

Doggy RTA Anna is recommending is the SXK doggystyle RTA.

Another one that is similar to a doggystyle for flavour and easy coil building is the Fumytech gotank mtl v2 RTA. This RTA is also top fill. Draw wise, it's pretty similar to the zenith tank

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Vandy Vapes Berserker 24mm MTL RTA is worth a look.
    Im sitting here going between the Zenith and Berserker right now.
    I really enjoy the Zenith and the Berserker is equally as enjoyable. For me the siren2 and Ares both didnt satisfy in the same way the berserker does.
    Pros for the Berserker are it doesnt seem to be fussy to wick, it doesnt leak or gurgle and it has a good tight draw that I like.
    Cons for the berserker are the draw might be too tight for some.

VapeTintin

Sep 8, 2018
    I really enjoy the Zenith and the Berserker is equally as enjoyable. For me the siren2 and Ares both didnt satisfy in the same way the berserker does.
    Pros for the Berserker are it doesnt seem to be fussy to wick, it doesnt leak or gurgle and it has a good tight draw that I like.
    Yea i was wondering about Berserker as I read or saw youtube video about it somewhere .. I dont mind a more tighter draw I guess
    I am now looking at the recommendations from this thread and would buy something accordingly

VapeTintin

Sep 8, 2018
    Quick question . What's the resistance berserker can handle and what's the resistance on the pre built includes coils which come with it

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    Quick question . What's the resistance berserker can handle and what's the resistance on the pre built includes coils which come with it
    I cant remember what the coils were that came with it, they were okay! They were subohm Claptons. I liked them.
    I aim for between 1.2 and 1.6ohm and vape at low watts.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    We all have different experiences.
    I have two Ares, both work fine, no leaking. Good flavor.
    I apparently received two good ones.
    I tried the Beserker. Screws were absolutely fused to the deck. No amount of cold or heat would budge them. Vendor took it back and gave me a refund .
    Thats the problem. You actually have to try all these things to figure out what you like best.
    After a while you can check out pics of the deck and different components and see where design ideas come from and if you have had success with or disliked those designs previously, but initially you kinda have to pick your poison and go with it.
    I got the Ares, Berserker and Sirens2 at the same time as a couple of others and worked with them for a couple of months until I figured out which one worked for me. Theyre all good and they all work with no real problems other than a few little quirks that can be worked around , I just like the feel/vape of the berserker most.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread