The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RUBI with blank pods

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by DawnBella, Dec 3, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DawnBella

DawnBella Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Had one for a week, was about to do a post for it.

Amazing hardware, pods fit nicely with a satisfying click, easy to fill, looks sexy.

Vape is cold, dry and frankly rubbish.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DawnBella

Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    Grr lol As long as it doesn't taste burnt i should be ok lol

Boulder Rock burnt hits
    XFire burnt hits
    Juul pain in butt. Pods are over priced junk anymore.
    Ziip pods (Juul compatible) burnt hits

If not good, ill go back to MVE I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Tried the Warlock Peas?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DawnBella

Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    Not yet lol. I was going to try Juno but I like the ideal of blanks so I went with RUBI.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stuffw1972

Stuffw1972 Full Member

Sep 28, 2017
    I thought the MI-ONE pod was pretty good. I love my Mi-One and this is compatible with the flavor. I'm also a HUGE fan of the SMPO (most like cig draw imho) but is not refillable. The pods are any in price range of $8 to $20 for 2. Flavor pods are a generic fruit, tobacco, and menthol.

7. DawnBella

Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    Hmm? So my findings are mixed.

PRO:

1. Design is very sleek.

2. Weight is hardly noticeable.

3. Feel is nice. (Not so square edged like JUUL.)

4. Ease of use and refil (though little rubber plug a lil pain to get on off I think).

5. Decent vape production on typical draw.

6. Very sensitive so smallest puff will trigger.

7. Zero leaks or juice on lips.

CONS:

1. Priming is a MUST and even properly done (beyond suggestion in manual), ...

1a. Pod that came with kit tasted like plastic and eventually a slight burnt taste.

1b. Second pod purchased separate was better but still a loss of true flavor.

3. Pod price is a touch high.

4. Battery doesn't last very long but expected.

5. Very annoying air sound on pull. There is two vent holes (1 per side) but only one works (depends on what side of pod in).

Disclaimer:

I ,thus far, have only used a typical VG PG liquid. White Cloud Bora Bora 50mg. Not sure what the ratio is. Perhaps the pods will play nice when using a thicker nic salt?

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. cardsfan300

cardsfan300 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2014
    florida
    How is the draw compared to the myjet? I was looking at this today, and please let us know how many times you can re-fill it. I use 50/50. I just love the draw on the myjet, but pods are expensive as I can usually only get 2 maybe 3 re-fills out of them

• Like Like x 1
  9. dansus

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Nothing like the MyJet. If you like the jet, you will like the Warlock Peas. Pods are cheap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Visit the PIF Sub-Forum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    This! The RUBI has a quite open draw. Not for strict MTLers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DawnBella

Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    I really can't say because the taste was so bad. I think Im tasting the ceramic coil. Yuck! Support is sending new pods for me to try. Maybe a bad batch but who knows lol

The draw I explained above.

I don't care for the MyJet. The mouth piece bugs me and the pods go bad on 3rd or 4th fill IMO.

To date, the only POD systems that gives great flavor, easy to refill and rewick is the MVE... Im actually using JUUL right now though. $$$ grr.

Ps. RUBI is $20 for 3 pods I think.

• Like Like x 2
  12. spaceman84

spaceman84 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2013
    North Carolina
    Been really liking the VUSE Ciro and just got an Aspire Breeze with 45mg nic salt juice. How does the Rubi stack up with those too. Unfortunately never tried Juul for a point of reference.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bagaios

bagaios Full Member

Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I think the unsafe ceramic thing is something of a myth. I know one maker couldn't seem to come up with a ceramic coil as promised and then said they were dangerous, but well-manufactured ceramic coils don't really seem to give a big risk, many people (myself included) use them sometimes.

I don't know much about your pod mod so can't be much help there I am afraid.

Anna

15. spaceman84

spaceman84 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2013
    North Carolina
    Ceramic is very safe. Pretty much inert. Accidentally burning a cotton or rayon wick is far worse for you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. chellie

chellie Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I used Vuse many many moons ago for a short time. Then they had changed their filters to tanks and I still have some of those unopened as emergency backups. I did not know they made something else. Not for me - but interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KLR650Tagg

KLR650Tagg Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Springfield MO.
    I just ordered a rubi, should be here next week. Getting tired of carrying a tank in my back pocket at work, and im not running around work with my velocity on a squonker! Ill let you know how it works out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tannersmith267

tannersmith267 New Member

Feb 25, 2018
    What can I do about the burnt taste? I just bought a rubi and I am using mr salt orange lemonade but it tastes like ash! Is there anything I can do to fix it?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Um, that's a problem with some of those pod systems, there sometimes isn't much to be done about flavor issues. I guess it's possible that your device (is it fixed wattage?) and coil (are there different coil options?) aren't vaping it at a temperature that is acceptable for the juice, so you get bad flavor.

I suppose your coil could be burnt? If it tastes "like ash" maybe it needs to be replaced, or the whatever that device uses to vaporize the eliquid (sorry I don't use pods, at all). If there's an airflow adjustment, you could try more air. If there is a higher resistance option, I guess you could try that?

Hopefully someone more familiar will be along, but I'd think off the top of my head that it just is overheating your juice, that and/or the possibility that your coil may have burned out and may need replacement.

Good luck,

Anna

20. unkuser

unkuser Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    New Yawk
    +1 For warlock PEAS. I have 2 PEAS.

Dont understand why people like the JUUL so much. Besides the high Nic content and high availability, it wasn't good at all.

The PEAS pod are around ~$1.00 each. Refill them 3-5 times and move on to the next. It's great. Cover one of the hole if you like tighter draw. It's very close to the MyJet.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.