Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Pods and my old mechanicals with Kayfun Lites I use nicSalt. All my big mods I use freebase. Got so much old stuff from years ago it is nice to be able to use it again with higher nic levels with the nicsalt. Nice going through one tank of juice instead of 4 tanks a day with big new mods.

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
I am currently in salt nicotine because I can only vape outdoor.I spent 6min a Vape session and take around 14 puff at most and my craving is settled.Just wondering are you guys using salt nicotine or just free base?

I'm vaping VGod Saltnic 50 dry tobacco, and same brand 50 Cubano silver. Going to start mixing 25 into both to reduce the strength. Doing about 100 puffs per day, 2 to 2.5 second puffs. In a Vinci x. Bought some freebase that was weak (6) and sickly sweet.

Not sure what I'll do with that, mix in a little at a time maybe or toss it. I'm staying with salt nic for now. I used 5% VA tobacco in the Juul when I first started to stay away from Kools.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I'm vaping VGod Saltnic 50 dry tobacco, and same brand 50 Cubano silver. Going to start mixing 25 into both to reduce the strength. Doing about 100 puffs per day, 2 to 2.5 second puffs. In a Vinci x. Bought some freebase that was weak (6) and sickly sweet.

Not sure what I'll do with that, mix in a little at a time maybe or toss it. I'm staying with salt nic for now. I used 5% VA tobacco in the Juul when I first started to stay away from Kools.
I did a lot of tank mixing to figure out what I liked. Get one that's too dry, add some of the sweeter one. Or too weak, add some of the stronger one. No harm in that. I'm not sure why you're reducing nic, but - the one thing I'd say is, don't worry about reducing nic for the sake of reducing nic (I think you're fairly new here, and recently starting to vape?)- just get it to the level you like and what satisfies you, and worry about reducing later.

And like you - I found some juices I thought were delicious at first. But quickly realized I couldn't do more than a few hits of it.

Reactions: Dlpsr

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
I did a lot of tank mixing to figure out what I liked. Get one that's too dry, add some of the sweeter one. Or too weak, add some of the stronger one. No harm in that. I'm not sure why you're reducing nic, but - the one thing I'd say is, don't worry about reducing nic for the sake of reducing nic (I think you're fairly new here, and recently starting to vape?)- just get it to the level you like and what satisfies you, and worry about reducing later.

And like you - I found some juices I thought were delicious at first. But quickly realized I couldn't do more than a few hits of it.

You are correct in both cases, I'm a newbie here and to vaping. Some of the reduction is experiment. My Dr recently floxed me and I have tinitus out of it, among other side effects. (Levofloxacin for bronchitis and sinusitis) followed by Prednisone steroids. All poison I find out later.

So I'm going to figure out if it's the vapor or the nic. One or both exasterbate the ringing in my ear. I don't want weak juice if it adds more vaping/puffs, which it probably will, but I'd like to reduce the ringing if I can. I'll be seeing an ear, nose, throat Dr shortly and eye because of blurry vision possibly associated with the floxing.

Thanks for the tips.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I got a pod system, don't know why they called it that because it's refillable and you can change the coils. Loved it, for 2 weeks, then it autofired and wouldn't stop. It got really hot, so I thew it on the front lawn then went back in to get a LiPoSafe charging bag and managed to get it in, else I was afraid my cats would investigate it and be injured. Next morning the inside of the bag was brown and the pod could not be removed, it had melted to the unit. So, now I want only removable-battery devices, and bought a mod. Put my salt + eliquid mix into a new highly-rated tank, but within an hour it tastes burnt. I don't know if that's because my coil labeled 1.4 ohms shows on the device as 1.18, or if the liquid is too...thick? thin? I'm using a 50 mg salt mixed with a 24 mg e-liquid, so strength should be about 37. I want MTL. So -- do I have a bad new device? A bad new tank? Wrong resitance coils? Too much pg? Too much vg? Why did this mixture work fine in my pod system but not a regular tank?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I got a pod system, don't know why they called it that because it's refillable and you can change the coils. Loved it, for 2 weeks, then it autofired and wouldn't stop. It got really hot, so I thew it on the front lawn then went back in to get a LiPoSafe charging bag and managed to get it in, else I was afraid my cats would investigate it and be injured. Next morning the inside of the bag was brown and the pod could not be removed, it had melted to the unit. So, now I want only removable-battery devices, and bought a mod. Put my salt + eliquid mix into a new highly-rated tank, but within an hour it tastes burnt. I don't know if that's because my coil labeled 1.4 ohms shows on the device as 1.18, or if the liquid is too...thick? thin? I'm using a 50 mg salt mixed with a 24 mg e-liquid, so strength should be about 37. I want MTL. So -- do I have a bad new device? A bad new tank? Wrong resitance coils? Too much pg? Too much vg? Why did this mixture work fine in my pod system but not a regular tank?
Help us out here- first, it'd be good to warn everyone of the brand of pod that autofired.

And the new tank? Hard to help without at least knowing what it, and the mod is. But if it tastes burnt, ultimately it's a wicking issue. It would only taste burnt if there isn't enough juice on the coil. Best way to help is give all the info on brands, wattage, how much juice or how much you're hitting it in that hour.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I want my vape to be cool and mellow, for the most part. So I never use either freebase nic or PG. VG thins out to the point that it works in almost anything by adding 1-3% purified water, purified ethanol, or both. PG and freebase both make the vapor harsher, so I avoid both.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Help us out here- first, it'd be good to warn everyone of the brand of pod that autofired.

And the new tank? <snip>
Best way to help is give all the info on brands, wattage, how much juice or how much you're hitting it in that hour.

My Trinity Alpha stopped working, onine advice was to blow into the charge hole at the bottom, and lots of people saying that worked. It did, for a few hours. Then it started autofiring. I was in the room and heard it, thank God, since it was sitting on a pile of paperwork. Online mentions say the TA is excellent, if it's not a lemon, and recommend just getting another one. My opinion is that it's poorly sealed and prone to leaks that cause shorts.

New tank is Zenith Pro. Apparently 1.2 ohms is their HIGH-resistance coil. I'd prefer 1.8 for MTL. New device is GeekVape Aegis SOLO. I may have burned the wick learning how to use it, but it tasted fine until I started actively vaping it. Tested a bit at 14 watts (highest recommended wattage on the coil) just learning to use the device, then, it was kind-of harsh. Then OK at 10 watts for a few minutes. Then started tasting harsh at 10.5 watts, now it tastes burnt at 8.8 watts if I take a second (short) puff within a minute or three after the first one.

I ordered two Suorin Edge devices on-sale in case I can't get this setup to work -- at least I can remove the batteries if they start autofiring!

I'm used to a Provari with a Nautilus tank at about 7.5 watts with a 1.8 ohm coil and 30mg liquid, NOT salt ...... plus 12-15 cigarettes/day. Then 2 weeks with that AND the Trinity Alpha with 1/2 salt 1/2 freebase got me down to 8-10. My regular e-liquid is 70/30 pg/vg, and that's what I'm mixing half-and-half with the salt to keep from coughing horribly when I vape the salt.

I'll change the coil and check back.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My Trinity Alpha stopped working, onine advice was to blow into the charge hole at the bottom, and lots of people saying that worked. It did, for a few hours. Then it started autofiring. I was in the room and heard it, thank God, since it was sitting on a pile of paperwork. Online mentions say the TA is excellent, if it's not a lemon, and recommend just getting another one. My opinion is that it's poorly sealed and prone to leaks that cause shorts.

New tank is Zenith Pro. Apparently 1.2 ohms is their HIGH-resistance coil. I'd prefer 1.8 for MTL. New device is GeekVape Aegis SOLO. I may have burned the wick learning how to use it, but it tasted fine until I started actively vaping it. Tested a bit at 14 watts (highest recommended wattage on the coil) just learning to use the device, then, it was kind-of harsh. Then OK at 10 watts for a few minutes. Then started tasting harsh at 10.5 watts, now it tastes burnt at 8.8 watts if I take a second (short) puff within a minute or three after the first one.

I ordered two Suorin Edge devices on-sale in case I can't get this setup to work -- at least I can remove the batteries if they start autofiring!

I'm used to a Provari with a Nautilus tank at about 7.5 watts with a 1.8 ohm coil and 30mg liquid, NOT salt ...... plus 12-15 cigarettes/day. Then 2 weeks with that AND the Trinity Alpha with 1/2 salt 1/2 freebase got me down to 8-10. My regular e-liquid is 70/30 pg/vg, and that's what I'm mixing half-and-half with the salt to keep from coughing horribly when I vape the salt.

Zenith pro is compatible with all Zenith z coils. Did you try playing af? I've not had any z coils burn for me.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

I see you've been around here long enough, so I'm sure you're familiar with what it takes to overdo it and dry out wicks. And I don't really do replaceable coils, so I can't be much help. But I do believe the ones that use ceramic coils do wick quicker & last longer than fiber based. That's pretty cool on the Edge- I didn't know there were any pods with replaceable batteries. Good luck!

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
You are correct in both cases, I'm a newbie here and to vaping. Some of the reduction is experiment. My Dr recently floxed me and I have tinitus out of it, among other side effects. (Levofloxacin for bronchitis and sinusitis) followed by Prednisone steroids. All poison I find out later.

So I'm going to figure out if it's the vapor or the nic. One or both exasterbate the ringing in my ear. I don't want weak juice if it adds more vaping/puffs, which it probably will, but I'd like to reduce the ringing if I can. I'll be seeing an ear, nose, throat Dr shortly and eye because of blurry vision possibly associated with the floxing.

Thanks for the tips.

5 things to look at involved in vaping:
1. Nic
2. Pg (most vg-only vapes have a tiny %, like maybe 1%, of pg in the flavoring)
3. Vg
4. Flavoring
5. Ear and jaw action associated with suction. Unless your vape is actually actuated by pulling on it, like a few pod systems and a few cigalikes, you can check this partly by doing more push and less pull, i.e. keep the button held down a little longer and just let the vapor go in with minimal mouth and throat suction. (Also, I just noticed that I can pull the vapor up towards my nose or down towards my larynx by varying what I do with my throat. I found that out when the salt vapes were making me cough, so I experimented with comparing how I vape and how I smoke, and discovered I was doing each differently (up for smoke, down for vape) so for the salt nic I trained myself to pull the SAME way I do for a combustible, and that stopped the coughing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread